Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyrhythm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

speak for yourself

Sorry.

Agreed

>rym

yuck

Pinkerton can only appeal to a certain kind of mood, the self pity of a privileged middle-class young adult.

This album solely appeals to misanthropes.

>MPP and Strawberry Jam
>TMR
>anything Kanye
>anything Kendrick

i'm sure that some of you work really hard trying to convince yourself that you enjoy things you don't.

thought it was good when I heard it... my opinion has definitely changed since then. It has not aged well at all...

This is what I've been saying for a while and everyone gets all buttfrustrated, I was a big fan back then but it's just aged like milk

>giving Tatu anything but a perfect rating

idiot

I fucking love Not Gonna Get Us but I don't rate singles

Under the hundreds of layers of fuzzy guitar noises it's really just normal alternative rock.

Also this

Really? That surprises me, one of the most generically appealing albums ever, it's hard not to feel soothed listening to it

that's what he did you fucking moron

I liked it a lot for the first few listens, until the neat effects wall wore off. Maybe if you've got a guitar background or some knowledge of songwriting it would make sense that you'd find it boring immediately.

Here's my explanation I've posted here earlier:
>There are certainly some unpleasant and maybe out of place songs (Hair Pie: Bake 1), I agree. But there are also some memorable and enjoyable songs that represent the nature of the album perfectly - Moonlight on Vermont, Pachuco Cadaver, Ella Guru, Frownland. It's about deconstructing Delta blues and blues rock to it's roots and mixing them with avant-garde, jazz, free jazz and experimental motifs. There's polyrhytmic drumming, which is a main part of free jazz, then there are slide guitar and straight up blues licks. Captain's voice might be off putting and harsh on this album, but he's a great blues singer, which is definitely showcased on his less critically and slightly more commercial albums (Unconditionally guaranteed, Bluejeans & Moonbeams). If you're familiar with Howlin' Wolf, Captain's voice is Howlin' Wolf x10.
>Try listening to his first album - Safe as milk. It's a great blues rock album and although it's an indication of things to come, it's still accessible and one of the best in his discography. I understand that it's really hard to appreciate this album and similar albums, if you're not a musican. That's not to say that you need to be a musican in order to enjoy and appreciate music. And of course, you don't have to like every single album you've heard. Polyrhytmic drumming is really common in free jazz, but not in rock and blues, so that's why it sounds off to you. Polyrhytms are two separate rhythms played at the same time - which is impressive from a technical standpoint and impressive in the context of time in which the album was made.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyrhythm
There are examples of how they're used and by which musicians. It's an interesting read.

that's the thing though, the genericness of it isn't appealing to me.
There's nothing that really pops out at me or anything that sounds interesting, It just sounds like a bunch of fuck. Nothing gets me engaged or relaxed or anything.

Interesting explanation, user

I'm not a musician so seeing all the things I like about an album being quantified in language i can kind of understand is really cool

+1

listen to it at max volume