Anyone here know much about online courses? I currently work full time but I want to learn C# and C++ in my spare time...

anyone here know much about online courses? I currently work full time but I want to learn C# and C++ in my spare time. do online courses give qualifications or will evening classes be better?

Other urls found in this thread:

copy.sh/brainfuck/
programming-motherfucker.com/become.html
c.learncodethehardway.org/book/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't even know what would you need C#, C++ or even Java for.

a new skill to learn, I find learning new things interesting and fun. will it hurt to learn something new?

programmingNerdFag reporting in.

if you are on Sup Forums you are likely not smart enough to learn c++ or java. better start with python.

programmingNerdFag reporting in.

i use c++ daily for hardware/software integration

what do you use C# and Java for? I'm pretty capable of it I'm sure, and if I'm not then I'd like to give it a good go. I only come on Sup Forums during summer anyway

fuckin sweet trips Bro. how'd u do it?

it was just a joke to get you to try python first instead. much easier to learn and so powerful its not funny. dont use java. learned it in high school and stopped there.

Learn C it'll make you a better programmer. You won't regret it. You can start with YouTube: The New Boston Tutorials

Source: 500k+ us yearly programmer without a degree

Not sure if bait or just a retard

c is a dumb first language

What do you use to freeze python 2.7 ?

Coursera or edx offer some kind of certification if you pay. You can do a course for free though

nugga

I am the senior developer of a nationally accredited LMS delivery platform, written in Grails with microservices written and deployed with fat JARS using sprintboot, alllllll on aws with 99.995% availability

We are not the only ones putting together systems as solid as this either.

fucking DO IT! These days you can get (and I have one) a degree...100% over the internet, from reputable universities too. Online learning is here to stay.

I use Python day to day which is a decendant of C. I learned Python first and was glad I learned C before moving back to Python. Best decision I've ever made.

with what I do I have never needed to freeze. I ship out arm based PCs that run a python script at start up

if OP wants to build apps or do anything like that he should learn java instead

Yawn. Go on then, tell us why there is no need to learn c++, c# or Java.

sorry. typo. i meant I dont use java. never meant to tell OP not to use it.

I'm not sure about programming, but I've been teaching myself and learning from youtube courses for years about Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere and a lot of these people online are brilliant.

As I said, I'm not sure, but you should check out The Great Courses and Lynda, they are by far some of the leading online courses and they have a TON of industry experts teaching you how to do it.

There are ways to get the courses for free (torrenting I believe) but they may be hard to come by and the memberships are not very expensive compared to evening classes.

is there a reason to learn both C++ and java?

Who's the chick in your post? Do you know her? Have you tried getting intimate with her yet? If not would you mind if I tried? Can you give me her info, kik snap or fb and I will be very happy for her. Thank you for advance!

Because most modern languages are decedent's of C. Learning C, LISP, and R made me a god programmer. I don't use any of them day to day

I don't have a degree and make 500k yearly. American with no degree living in Hong Kong

it is not a descendant of c. fuck.

she's cute right?

me here

is there a reason to not? The more you learn the more valuable you'll be to your employer.

hell I have been learning brainfuck just for laughs lately because it's just an other exercise you can do to improve your abilities instead of wasting your time playing call of duty

copy.sh/brainfuck/

+++[>++[>+++++[>++.++.++.---++.-.-.

^ Actual salsa for a string output

if you need to accomplish something that requires those two languages then yes. I mean what the fuck do you want us to say? I just finished a project that required c++, python, html, javascript and php

I know nothing about programming, I was told by a friend to start C# and move onto C++... you guys are all saying this is bad. what should I start with? I don't have an end goal, I just want to learn to make myself more flexible in the future at my current job or with a different employer.

what should I learn first?

python faggot

Her very cute. Can you tell me the name? I would like to be nice with her if you know what I am meaning. For sex of course :^)

but those 2 languages can be used to accomplish anything, faggot. that's why i asked.

the more the merrier, i guess.

if you want to do web development, start with html, javascript and css, without those things, you're no use..even a base understanding is required..

and don't hang your fucking hat on frameworks like jQuery either. It's not always an option

if you want to write back end, java is probably the most flexible option out there, but this is more for applications running on servers, and computers etc...Programs

If you want to write code for hardware, C/C++ all the way

Because I sincerely don't know how to use it in my daily life.
Ability to work as programmer sounds attractive, but to do so, you must create something on your own - and for that I don't have a single idea.
I'm struggling with the same issue with Ruby, but at least I see where Ruby can be used.
Well, if you don't use new skill regularly, it will rust, down to the point if you never knew it at all.

Oh and stay the FUCK away from php and coldfusion, you will learn terrible terrible things if you write either of those

what if I want to learn to write scripts to use to sort data and to use with Adobe/planetpress

shut the fuck up. php is the most widely used web language deployed. good luck making a functional and great website without it

widely used back end web language

id say python/mysql for that would be perfect

I've had a my share of programming classes, had a hard time getting motivated to acutally practice because those guys usually give you the solution of the problem right away so you don't think about it.

I CAN highly recommend the following online-"books" however, as they will give you good practice as you go along. You will also get to understand the lower-level things and why fancy editing tools do the things they do. They're free:

programming-motherfucker.com/become.html

c.learncodethehardway.org/book/

Java is better than Python/C++ to make programs/softwares ?

Not sure if bait or haven't been on internet before.
That's ashe maree cam model/pronstood

also if anyone knows anything about Cisco... I'm qualified in CCNA1 and CCNA2. got the certificates about 2 years ago but forgot most of what I learned. is it worth progressing in this or is programming a nice subject to learn?

It is possible that OP isn't an incompetent fool and may be able to actually apply skills to his life

thanks brother

Sololearn....go there that is all

Depends on what you want to make, there are plenty of well-established GUI-resources for it. Its main benefit is that it's very portable, meaning it runs on almost any platform, since it's partially interpreted by a VM.

That also means that Java has massive security and optimization flaws.

In terms of learning code and having more consistent behaviour, C# is a very goo place to start. Once you know C#, you can do Java easily, in case you ever need it. It's very similiar in terms of syntax, and less weird and shifty. Also, you don't need to rely on open-source IDEs. Visual Studio is very very good.

That reasoning is like saying that OP should learn assembly because that is what literally every computer runs on. You're going to need more sound logic than that.

That aside, I'd have to question if your assertion was still true after you remove shit like PHPBB and Wordpress from the Internet. Just because popular prepackaged shit like that bloats the languages existence shouldn't be the beginning and end of your reasoning. Being deployed does not make the deployee a developer

And when you're done writing your triggered response, ask yourself this, why the actual fuck does php handle the ternary operator left to right while every other language does it the other way around.

A good language should be consistent if nothing else. You shouldn't need a fucking tips and tricks manual to make sure you don't make fundamental mistakes for the sake of being different

If you really want to learn programming (or a specific language) get involved in some OS project. It will learn you a lot more than any book or course can offer...

Starting from scratch will only teach you numerous variations of Hello World!

Is she for real? I have been duped before fam. If I give her my heart will she show me her asshole?

yes

Well, sorry for not being born in US of A, living my whole life in condo and going to college for my parents' money.

python (ducktyped) for quick learrning of idioms
c++ is hard to start with, because you can do everything with it. the good and the bad.
C is also good to start with if you want to get more into hardware, to get a better understanding of references and pointers,
C and its dialects have a crappy build system tho.
Java or c# are both nice strong typed languages with a nice and big library, but more verbose than python.
starting with python has the advantage of easy learning, but also punishes because you don't have to think about resource management, ever.
php is also nice, dynamicly typed, but does not teach proper coding. There are many good php projects out there, but I'd reccomend picking up php after you learned to code.
JS and ruby (no rails) should be nice, too. Did not do anything with them, until now.

oh and also:
to learn a language: pick a project you want to do with it and implement that, you will learn better that way IMHO. Like: download all images from a Sup Forums thread will at least teach you fileIO, http requests and html parsing/regex and some basic control structures.
If you go crazy you can make a threaded downloader that watches for changes and exits if the board 404.
If you start with python, please read pep8.

thanks for writing all of that man, a lot of information there for me. I'm going to start with Python and just see how that goes. I've capped this for future reference