I work in a bar and for the last week I've constantly had a stream of man children coming into my bar and asking about...

I work in a bar and for the last week I've constantly had a stream of man children coming into my bar and asking about some dumb fucking pokey dumb shit. These man children dont even buy drinks all they do is sit at the bar ask for a fucking diet coke or tap water. If youre over the age of 15 and play this dumb app/game seriously kill yourself and stop ruining the atmosphere of my bar with youre childish pathetic hobbies.

Stop being a little bitch about it and be smart about it. Create specific drinks with Pokemon names /colors. Offer people who go in your bar that are playing a shot or something as long as they promote your location Etc. there you go fag. Stop crying

Not your Sup Forumslog take it to tumblr

/Thread

>implying this is 1974
>implying anyone goes into bars anymore

Literally this. Make a blue, green and red drink and name it after the starter pokemon. doesnt have to be fancy, you'd make a right killing off of tht

>complaining about getting business

Why aren't you happy to take their money?

>specific drinks with Pokemon names/colors
I work at a high standard, first class service premium bar that carries some of the best drinks in the city. You really expect us to cater to neets and manchildren rather than the lawyers and business people we normally serve

> swarms of pathetic neck bears loitering in the bar, who if order either order a coke or tap water (free)

>Implying manchilds would ever go to social setting like a bar.

They're there anyway, get revenue from it ya dipshit.

Or cater to both, business try to cater to as many people as possible you fucking autist

Put a sign out front for real. I had these people up in my shop all day just taking up my tables and ordering nothing or asking for a soda/water. I put up a sign and actively kick these people out. Buisness has not taken even a little hit and my regulars have thanked me. I also send a mail to the devs and ask them to dead zone my spot about once a week but I don't expect that to happen.

This. Having those people there would drive good customers away, meanwhile they're fucking NEETs and don't spend shit. Their presence in an establishment that tried to go for quality would be seriously detrimental.

>high standard
>first class service
>premium
>best drinks
Lie to your mum about your business, not to us. You would charge for tap water and overcharge diet coke in those kinds of bars anyway, so, fucking kill yourself.

Also, this

If you want to pass up the profit for the sake of that stick up your ass, go ahead.

Well, it would make a lot more money you know
And it doesn't tale that much effort
Don't worry though, the fad will be over by September

>business try to cater to as many people as possible you fucking autist
You're literally projecting with the autist comment.
It's his business, he can cater to whom he wants. Or doesn't want.

Go take your "if you dont do it this way youre fucking wrong" liberal mandate somewhere else.

>works at high standard bar
>crying on an anime-based anonymous board how bad it is to have an influx of ppl in a fucking BAR
>mfw

No he doesn't, he works there. Is reading hard for you?

And sure, you're not wrong, but it'd be stupid not to take what is basically free money

We normally serve mineral or still and sparkling water when people request water, but they have specifcally asking for tap water which we cannot charge for

ITT bunch of hipster teenagers who never worked in their life and want to sound like grown men
>i dont want customers that do things i dislike!
in what world..

>>i dont want customers that do things i dislike!
could have phrased that better but you catch the drift

Rekt

>>Serves lawyers and businessmen
>>Doesn't have a dress code or reservation policy

That's a real upscale bar you've got yourself faggot.

Literally this. OP is talking out of his shitter. He probably works at the local McDonalds getting pissed on some teenagers that talk about pokemon in there, since he has a trauma from his childhood, when his father beat him and his mom while the pokemon theme was playing in the background.
And only the pokemon fucks ask for the tap water, right?

If its first class and a premium bar how the fuck are they getting in.. your story is bullshit this is bait... also every bar ive been to lately has pokemon drinks

He just said he works there, not that it's his business.

He specifically said "my bar" faggot

>make a lot of money
No, no it wouldn't. These neckbear faggots aren't going to spend much if anything. Sure they might buy one Squirtle drink or whatever the fuck but that's not enough for a bar. Meanwhile their presence (and probably smell) are driving the established customer base off.

Let's say you're a lawyer at a good firm. You make a couple of hundred grand a year at least, and you pick bars to go to where the quality and service reflect your standards, maybe where you can discuss a case. Bit now your usual bar is full of autistic cargo-shorts-clad fedora'd gentlemen loudly talking about fucking pokemon. Do you stay and drink there, or go to one of the other bars in town?

>man children getting mad as FUCK that people are making fun of them for playing a game for children
Lmaooooo you can't make this shit up

>beat him and his mom while the pokemon theme was playing
Holy kek user, I just imagined that as the best music vid ever

I work the bar I consider it mine as in my area

You don't usually talk to people irl do you. When I'm talking about work and I say 'my airport' I don't mean I own the fucking thing, I mean I work there. If he did he would have opened with I own a bar instead of I work in a bar.

Lmao your bar is too good to accept business from non lawyers? This is the dumbest shit I've ever read. Money is money

Even better, they are telly a grow man how to "improve" his business by catering to manchildren.

Comedy gold.

Not his business he just works there

You autist.

Make some friends.

This game isn't only popular with neets
The daily users are higher than the whole userbase of twitter, so you will get some normies who actually have jobs playing this
Try not to generalize so much, customers are still customers you know

Tell me the difference between people talking about pokemon or people talking about some sporting event. Let's say the super bowl.

Why would they go inside. Yhe pointof the game is to walk outside?

First of all, OP wouldn't be on a fucking animey board, if he had a bar that is premium and high-standard.
Secondly, almost everyone and their mother is playing the pokemon game, some of them may be fucking neckbeards, but they wouldn't hang around most bars, last time I checked.

money is money, yeah especially when in full plain view of proper customer some 20 yr old male starts paying in coins from his My Little Pony purse

Get a load of this guy.

We're all really impressed by your bar job.

Now, run along and get me a fucking whisky like a good boy.

I grew up with pokemon, so I decided to try out this free app
It's cool and it brings people together with a common interest, is that so bad?

No, but Sup Forums is full of hipsters lately, so it's bad on here.

Exactly user, they are just really quick to judge people's interests
Watching people play a game and crash into each other is way manlier right?

>customers are still customers you know
Yeah and they're poor and shit. And anyone with intelligence to their business wouldn't want shit. Think for once, liberalcucktard.

Sure you do...care to provide proof?

>brings people together
I guess that's the excuse everyone's spewing when confronted with the fact it's for kids. Ok cool good for you, you met some people that's nice. BUT 99% of the people playing it are fucking losers. Why would I want to meet and socialize with some sperg? Go out and meet people normally

Dude, if you open a bar you create it with a target demographic in mind- in this case it's a high end bar aimed at somewhat wealthy professionals, by the sound of it. Everything in there is designed around that. Having people outside that demographic come in is great- as long as
A) they actually buy drinks at a sufficient level to not be a waste of space, and
B) don't, by their behavior, hygiene etc drive away customers you want.

If they do those things they're making you less money, not more. Sure you could change to better accommodate them but that's only going to cause more issues with your target demo- is a businessman going to take a prospective client or an associate for a drink in a bar full of NEETs that has pokemon drinks on its menu? No.

> a Whisky
We have a collection of more than 43, from more than 7 countries, with the youngest blend being 16 years
Be more specific

Then just put up a sign saying no Pokemon GO or something and shut the fuck up
Either capitalize on the fad or keep on being an elitest bitch

>for kids
>implying they werent catering to the nostalgia crowd

They knew what they were doing when they made the game, they didn't have kids in mind for it...

Wtf are you trying to say? He just told you that the userbase of the game is higher than twitter's userbase. Some people that play the game are fucking neets, sure, but not all of them are, you judgemental fuck!
You're fucking autist, Literally most of the userbase of that game are not neets, OP is just speaking out of his butthurt shitter.
This!

I'd come in for a beer. I played that game and almost got run over as well as all my friends. Pokemon is a zombie virus

Ok Manchildren then. There. We came full circle

I have met tons of people on Pokemon GO, and only two of all those people were fat spergs
I guess it depends on your area

checkem

also true user, I'm with you, it has become so mainstream, I actually got to know good looking chicks 20+ playing it. kek.

>be me
>playing Pokemon GO in the park
>see a hot girl playing
>attempt to make my way over to her
>she sees me, puts away and phone fast-walks away
feelsbadman

>business try to cater to as many people as possible
No... they don't. There's an expression in marketing:

Everyone is no one.

It means that if you try to sell to everyone all the time, you're effectively targeting no one. Yes, that works for Coke or whoever, but if you're trying to actually create a brand with exclusivity or social standing, it won't work.

kys

In how many bars have you been that catered only to your standard then?

>He probably works at the local McDonalds getting pissed on some teenagers that talk about pokemon in there, since he has a trauma from his childhood, when his father beat him and his mom while the pokemon theme was playing in the background.
That's... an extremely specific scenario man. Do you want to talk it out?

Do you seriously expect me to sit down and count out every bar I've ever been in that marketed to my demographic?

>as possible

meaning I don't think they'll cater to every, but as many people AS POSSIBLE without hurting the business...

I feel you though user, kek
next time maybe try something like "holy shit I catched an slowpoke!"

this is OP in disguise guys

I just have a large imagination.
Yes, I want exactly that. I know that they're not that many, because I can sit down at any fucking bar in the city where I live, without thinking that it caters to a special snowflake.

You should be lucky people are coming into your shitty bar in the first place, Raymond.

Even if this is bait, you type and think like a dumb poor bitch who'd rather find ways to get rid of money than make more.

>generalization, the thread.

>given ideal situation for profit
>prefers to bitch like an impudent child
move on, nothing to see here

In that case, a bar like the one OP described (which to be fair I seriously doubt bears much resemblance to his actual establishment) would suffer by having what are perceived to be low-class or low-maturity people. If those people are spending a lot of money, it becomes worth it even if he loses some of his other customers in the process, but (again assuming what he says is true) they're spending fuck all which means that any impact they have on the existing clientele will make them a negative value proposition.

I'm going to estimate 40 spread across a dozen cities I've lived in that have targeted people like me (20s artsy Bohemian types living off family money). Not going to count ones I went to while traveling. It's worth noting, though, that I'm not in the kind of bars OP is talking about because I'm not part of that demographic and don't want to deal with those kind of people.

Well the game is aimed and marketed at the adult audience. All the adds have adults playing it, it's on a phone, which, apart from all the retarded parents that buy their children phones, are owned by adults.

If it bothers you that your work place gets more customers then contact them and ask to have the poke stop removed because it's "Drawing Undesirables" or something. If you're just going to whine on here like a little bitch then you're no better than the man children you hate are.

ITT: Manchilds defending Pokemon Go.

I agree with OP. Get a fucking life you pieces of shit

> Manchilds
I like to think this is what the Rothchilds call their valets

>posting on Sup Forums
>I'M SO MATURE AND ADULT GUIZE!!

Did you think someone would care?

Yeah I'm just butt hurt because adult kids are having all the fun and I'm not of course. Caring about the standard and success of my business= butthurt.

I'll give you an example of what I've had to deal with
> Saturday 6pm
>bar is pretty busy, bar is not that crowded
> guy looking 23/24 comes into the bar, with some anime/cartoon messenger bag while wearing cargo shorts.
> comes and sits at the bar, with some music coming from his phone.
> I'm serving a young couple to the left of the bar
> guy interupts me while I serve a Pinot Noir to the woman, saying he wants to have the wifi password for the actual bar not just the standard wifi we have for customers.
> I tell him that it is only for the staff and if we have corporate meetings etc.
> ask what he would like to have to drink, says hes still choosing.
> I serve more customers in mean time
> 5 mins later
> ask him if hes decided, he asks for a pepsi
> I tell him that we do not serve pepsi and if coke would be fine
> he starts making a fuss about most bars having coke instead of pepsi and how they are different and that their are subtle differences in the flavouring and that neither can be a substitute for the other.
> ignore him and serve a few more people
> 9 more minutes later
> guy recites the whole drinks menu stuttering every other word
> finally decides on a water
> not mineral, still or sparkling but tap water
> I go to pour a water for him fromt the tap as requested.
> He butts into the couple next to hims private conversation to ask about pokemon and if they caught any
> guy goes on for a 3 minute lecture on how some ppl are using mods to travel to find them without leaving their house.
> The couple obviously disinterested and are trying to uncomfortably stop the conversation.
> The couple get up and leave even though earlier they had informed me that they planned on ordering food later on.
> neckbeard spills his water apologises and leaves the bar playing pokemon music

Lmao you obviously did to reply to him stupid fuck

I'm on my iphone and its really sunny out today and the brightness is all way up blah blah blah sorry for not using perfect paragraphs and language on a Inuit cartoon forum

your boss should fire you.

you suck at life and you're a shit bartender.

shouldn't you be enticing them to order something instead of bitching about it on Sup Forums of all places.

Look man. Imma level with ya. People like that exist that lack social graces and try not to judge others baseeon pricks like that. But why not refuse service or have some security tell them to fuck off

I cared that he was so amusingly self-important, that's about it.

Here is the reply you so desperately desire, it amuses me to grant it to you, so take it and be happy.

We don't accept good boy points as a form of payment so really whats the point of enticing these people

>my bar

No, you just work there for $10 an hour.

Clearly a lie in a vague attempt to back yourself up. Might have believed you if you didn't try using the most basic and common stereotypes known to everyone

manchild here
college campuses are filled with fellow manchildren
I've gotten a few dates because of my newly acquired manchild status
i'll take it to a bar when I damn well please

maybe if you asked for real money they would pay you real money.

they were prolly confused when you asked them for good boy points.

Whoa there! Who took the jam out of your donut? I'm writing you a prescription for some pussy. Have some tonight and call me in the morning. Maybe you'll be less fucking grumpy Mr I work at a bar and call dudes man children for playing Pokémon Go. Get a real job, faggot. Then you may presume to criticize other grown ass men on what they choose to do on their off time while your dumbass is waiting a fucking bar. Lrn2college.

Post a sign outside saying no Pokemon GO
The weak "manchildren" will stay outside
Problem fucking solved man

Sorry, buddy. No matter how much you suck up to them you'll still be a bartender and they will never accept you.

muh previous bar with all the stupid drunk people! don't come here and ruin muh precious bar!
I'm grown up so I get to be a bartender lol.
Go fuck yourself pleb.

They just wanted chicken tendies

Why the fuck not? Money is money you bigot faggot

Pokemon go players ate mostly high as shit.. or thats just because i live in the netherlands

Yeah man, college campuses have tons of stops and gyms