Unpopular opinions thread

ITT: post unpopular opinions

I think that the clear ranking for Portishead albums is Third>Portishead>Dummy, even though I love them all
I can't imagine why anyone would think otherwise (however I can see why someone would prefer their S/T to third, but still they seem so much better than dummy anyway)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yxQtmfGP_f8
youtube.com/watch?v=jOP1C0nepLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bjork isn't very interesting. Most of he music is cold and lifeless, even if well made.

have you listened to homogenic, vespertine and vulnicura?

The average Sup Forums poster has zero fucking idea what they're talking about beyond listing their own personal taste.

trips confirm.

But what do you mean? Music is subjective, so no-one "knows what they're talking about".

Unless perhaps you're talking about music theory. But only fags care about that.

All Sup Forums waifus, without exception, are ridiculously shit and generic.

That's not even an opinion, that's an undisputed fact.

Yeah, I can agree with you, OP. With "Third" I think they made the perfect blend between their usual sensual, provocative sound and experimentation. Just take "Silence": absolutely perfect opening. It also reminds me of how fucked up my brain was when I first listened to "Machine Gun" on MTV some years ago.

I don't like electronic Radiohead.

Whenever I say Pablo Honey > KID A.
People think I'm b8ting

>All that remains albuns after fall of ideals are decent
>Scar symmetry after Christian left is still good
>Djent is a pretty cool genre.
>Rise to remain City of vultures is a very good album.
>Nightmares in the waking state part 1 sucked ass, but part 2 is amazing.
>All KSE albuns except the first one are good.
>In flames is shit. Rise to fall is a much better alternative.
>Erra's new album is dogshit.
>Disturbed after asylum is shit.
>Vaporwave is pretty good
>Floral shoppe is a great album
>Blank banshee 1 sucks ass. But 0 is amazing.
>Living the infinite is pretty good.
>Wye oak is pretty shitty. Sylvan esso is much better.
>Twin shadow aint that bad.
> Toro Y Moi only decent album is Anything in return (maybe causers of this)
>First 2 albuns of tame impala are great. the rest are dogshit.
>Nite jewel is shit.
>All Neon indian albuns are great.
>Spirit phone is the only albun lemon demon has the rest are bad.
>Eating the stars is a shitty album, howver i like the cover. (sorry Julia, your records are amazing, but this one sucked ass)
>Glasser beats most of the female pop singers. And she looks like a horse.
>Death grip's fashion week is a great album.

Analogue is a fantastic first-wave post-rock band

Halber Mensch is a fucking annoying mess and anyone who says Yu-Gung is danceable has never been to a party in their life
Limp Bizkit's instrumentals are pretty good

I get not liking Bjork, but cold and lifeless?

youtube.com/watch?v=yxQtmfGP_f8

youtube.com/watch?v=jOP1C0nepLs

björk has a pretty good voice and technique i guess but she has no feel for rhythm, phrasing or emotional delivery, that's why i could never get into her

>Music is subjective, so no-one "knows what they're talking about".
This is definitely a person who doesn't know what he's talking about

St. Anger is a gr8 album

King of Carrot Flowers Pt2&3 is the worst song on ITAOTS
Brother Sport is the worst song on MPP

Yeah that argument is such shit. A person's taste in music IS subjective. Understanding the theory and mechanics behind a piece of music is not. It always seems that people who can only defend their statements regarding music with "MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE" lack the ability to think critically about it.

same desu

shes pretty boring, like she has a neat voice but her music is so... boring

lifeless. purposefully made to look "artsy" which usually ends up in soulless garbage.

Radiohead isn't that good

RHCP are pretty decent

Donald Glover does not make a good rapper

>>Scar symmetry after Christian left is still good

Scar symmetry is still good even after Christian left. And coming off that what exactly is everyones deal with Dark matter dimensions

Enter Shikari is fucking atrocious.

I'm one of the best posters on /mu

>All KSE albuns except the first one are good.

Howard can make anything good

Dark Necessitates might just be the most underrated album of 2016

swans is actually awful
any noise band really

Are there actually people that unironically like noise/harsh noise/shit like that.

I actually hate it so fucking much. I can only imagine people pretend to like it to

i unironically like death grips but thats it

Death Grips is cool though.

Not a big hip-hop guy, but dem beats are insane. I listen to them more like I would listen to an electronic artist as opposed to a hip-hop artist

car seat headrest is good.

Swans isn't really noise.

In defense of actual noise, it's something you listen to more for the feel and texture instead of any melody. Some of it is ok but the majority is pretentious garbage so I generally avoid it.

Harsh noise just sucks.

this retarded post reminded me of a great one for this thread that shouldn't be unpopular at all:

>Death Grips aren't even remotely close to hip hop and anyone who puts them in that box instead of just calling a spade a spade and recognizing them as industrial, glitchy synth punk is an absolute retard

I'm not a genre whore.

At best I break things down into sub-genres. Unless I'm looking for something really really specific

You're overthinking it, but I do get where you come from. I've never really listened to much of that really monotone harsh noise, but as a teen I discovered the noise scene and the more "abstract" part of the industrial scene.

While I don't listen to much that would be characterized just "noise" these days, but I definitely am someone who enjoys the "pure sound" aspect of music very much, and I rarely - if at all - put empasis on lyricism.

As long as it's not just a one hour mess of insanely monotone white noise-like mayhem, I think it can be a wonderful experience just shifting through an ocean of pure, constantly changing sound

i dont like being mean to people over their music taste and i wish we could all just get along. i love you /moo/

Everything Is Good Here/Please Come Home is a 9.5/10

these threads are like an embassy for reddit, this is where they call come to post their shitty reddit opinions as "unpopular". fuck off

This is correct

I guess it simply depends on on the way it's being used, and how it rubs be. I do get what you mean by the more industrial sound though

I was listening to Pink Lemonade by Closure in Moscow (pleb af i know) and the second half of That Brahmatron Song breaks down into this wall of noise from the guitars and this really neat industrial sounding drumming, Sexy af desu

This is FL's best album

The only reason Sup Forums hates CiM is that can't accept that other bands can do TMV's sound as well as TMV can

>no one knows what they're talking about but me!!!
faggot

I think he's simply referring to the fact that everyone on Sup Forums thinks their personal preferences is actually indisputable objective fact

> industrial, glitchy synth punk is an absolute retard
sure their music is a lot of these things but the vocals are rapped. it's a blend of a lot of genres.

i don't think thats what he means at all. nice quads, though.

Aside from YotBR and CBTS Coheed and Cambria is fantastic.

mooooooooooo

Self-titled KSE isn't very good at all. I agree on Blank Banshee.

Travis Scott is a consistent 5/10 artist. Rodeo was a 7/10 at most. Birds in the Trap 4/10. Days before Rodeo 5/10. The rest are 4/10 or less.

Holy shit you're such a fucking dumbass, you know that? You are the bottom of the Earth. The people nobody wants to talk to. You spend so much time listening to shitty music yet you think it's good. You spend your time obsessing about people and posting them on the internet to look cool yet in reality if people in real life saw that what would they think? They think you were a loser, you fucking loser. You aren't interested in starting a discussion with me? It's probably because you don't even know how. I'm not retarded, I'm telling the truth. Know what you're doing before you do it. The way you're acting now is so childish I can't even begin to explain. Listen to a mature record that isn't a totally exaggerated mess of emotions and poor musical merit. Which is what you listen to now. How about some avant-garde jazz? Try A Love Supreme, it's pretty entry level. You probably won't get it though because you're a worthless sack of shit. You will never amount to anything in life. Go outside, take a walk, don't think about your edgy so deep music for once. Once you've done that, come back and try to look at what you're doing right now. Maybe after a few times you'll see that you're a complete child and need to improve. Or maybe you have a serious mental issue. Maybe Autism? I'm guessing that's it. Seek a doctor or therapy to help that out. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you're just a close minded retard with no understanding of anything at all.

Don't even try to bring this argument anywhere else. I won't respond, or I'll think of something to get you mad since you're easily made upset. This discussion is over, sorry loser.

This is correct

Scary Monsters fucking sucks

In the aeroplane over the sea sucks. Not trying to be a contrarian fag i just genuinely dont like it.

Beach House bores the shit out of me

>Unless perhaps you're talking about music theory. But only fags care about that.
This place is hitting new lows every day.

Greatest hits albums are an acceptable way to get into a band's music