Name a better Sci-fi show than DS9

Name a better Sci-fi show than DS9.

>Impossible

I'm waiting.

That isn't TNG

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

TNG was shit, it preached too much. DS9 was about war and sacrifice.

/thread

>Better than Star Trek
>Babylon 5

Pick one.

>TNG was shit
Literally go kill yourself though

Firefly

>Incompetent crew run by an incompetent captain.
>Somehow the best Star Trek.

Any other star trek

>incompetent captain.
He stood trial for the whole human race by a cosmic god and won. And that`s the FIRST episode. How`s that incompetent?

Hey look, the voice actors from Gargoyles!

I was talking about Picard.

So was I..

DS9 was good. Farscape was better.

Battlestar Galactica was also top-tier

Oh shit i read cosmic gods and i assumed you were talking about the first episode of DS9 when Sisko met the wormhole aliens.

Ah, I see! Huh, kinda similar when I think about it.

Farscape was trash. And that guy who was always grunt pooping his brain pod out was really lame. Overall the whole show was too try hard.

And that's a wrap. Good job everyone, thread over.

Farscape was pretty good up until season 4. At that point it became painfully obvious that the writers were completely running out of ideas for the show. It is one of those shows I'm glad they canceled before they turned it into trash with shitty writing. The movie was a good send off.

*Clears throat*

Babylon 5 is a big pile of shite

The Outer Limits

Farscape is the only live action sci-fi tv show that attempted to have actual aliens in it, instead of just everyone being human with odd facial traits *star trek*

Be butt hurt all you want, but Farscape was more Sci-Fi that most Star Trek episodes. The solution is always something to do with the deflector and tachyons

Fuck right off, for every half decent episode of Voyager there were 10 crap ones

FACK OFF!

I think your being generous.

Please, no. Voyager wasn't as bad as lot of people make it out to be but it's no where near GOAT.

Enterprise. Just because i want to ram T'Pol's Vulcan hole.

>sci-fi show actually tries to do something original
>'they're trying too hard'
yeah, no

pretty much. I'd argue that season 4 was still good even if it was a step down from season three, but yes it's a good thing they ended there instead of letting it limp on after they'd run out of good ideas like a lot of shows (SG1 I'm looking at you)

>live action

??

wait...
are you trying to pretend....that

the show was live on TV???

Retard!

>that attempted to have actual aliens in it,

Babylon 5

lol
What a bunch of boring shit

Season 6 was great and the best it had to offer, half decent episodes from the rest were few and far between.

Big Bang theory

It deals with science and is fictional

Basing a!

The Year of Hell was a decent pair of episodes

Right. Commodore Amiga-tier cgi
Totes impressive

/thread

Though Season 5 gets painful to watch Garabaldi get fucked with

Live action moron.
In filmmaking, video production, and other media, live action is cinematography or videography that does not use animation (though sometimes based on an original animated series).

Babylon 5 didn't have much outside the standard human with face paint on. As far as main races went, pretty much only the shadows looked inhuman.

My favorite is "Worst Case Scenario"

Isnt that the episode where they are the only crew members left and have to have gay sex to make more crew?

Tuvix did nothing wrong

i pretty much worship SG1, even though some parts of some story arcs can be a little shitty but damn, i love that show

no that's your mom's favorite episode

My list.

1. Babylon 5
2. Firefly
3. Farscape
4. Tng
5. Space above and beyond

>the only live action sci-fi tv show that attempted to have actual aliens in it
this. A thousand times this.

the farscape setting is just much better thought out than the star trek universe. In fact, Farscape is to Star Trek what Star Trek is to Star Wars.

>Name a better Sci-fi show than DS9.

Literally any other sci fi show is better than DS9.

Stargate SG1.
Only sci-fi worth watching ever.

Well duh. The Vorlons and the Shadows stayed behind to watch the younger humanoid races.

And some of the 1st Ones didn't seem too human, either.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun. In fact, I watched an episode this evening while I was eating dinner

it just isn't good science fiction

Remember how the pilot had boobs? That was weird

except it isn't

DS9 is the mold

so far that mold has yet to be broken

agreed

true true

Boobs and bush.
I did find that odd as the rest of the show is entirely PG.

DS9 sucked alien dick. And not in a good way.

Actually there are fuckloads of introduced sci-fi memes in SG-1. That's why it stands out.
Sure, it got stupid after O'Neill became the General.

Mein Neger.

Too bad your edgy basement opinion doesn't matter.

Thats the point, never feels very sci-fi when all the aliens are essentially human. At least farscape had a good deal of puppets to flesh out the races.

>mfw no mention of classic Doctor Who

100% correct

That's because the first season was on Showtime.

Yeah but Firefly is sci-fi and there aren't ANY aliens.

So no.

>this
and they fucking ruined it with screaming kids in space.
Assholes.
The only good Charakter of that last canceled shitshow was the freaking guy played by Robert Carlyle.

Im quite glad I have waited this long to watch the series, I'm in 3rd season and its getting better and better.
Damn I miss the good old days of golden sci fi era. Sure they whole genre is like soap opera with lasers but its still much better than the crap they make today...

Again, lots of good 2-3-4-5 even 6 parters but also a lot of naff episodes as well

I couldn't even get through SGU. Total phoned in ripoff of Voyager.

well its scifi - adventure, my kind of stuff. And to my standards they make a good job of explaining the science behind the stuff that happens in the show.

Star Trek is hard sf, not my cup of tea, albeit I only gave TOS a shot and it was pretty hilarious since I watched it after SG1 and Atlantis and there are plenty of similarities (obviously SG1 borrowed from ST: TOS)

What I really love about SG1 is the character progression. I just cant pick a favorite, the whole team was bangin', the characters believable and I really got attached to all of them. I actually cried when Daniel died and at the end of season 7 also.

Season 5 never should have happened. The show was going to be canceled, so JMS advanced the plot to wrap things up in Season 4. When it got renewed, he basically just made up new shit. The only good episode from that season was the one Neil Gaiman wrote.

I'm not the only one who remembers this show!

yuss

only the last three seasons the first 4 were shit

DS9 stands up to so many watchings, it's ridiculous.

Probably get back to watching episodes again after revisiting B5

Please tell me to have moar

Ummm no what? Aliens make a good sci-fi show.

Firefly is a post american civil war western set in space. I love the show dearly, but it is barely Sci-fi.

No kidding. I totally get that vibe, especially with the strange alternate endings.

Voyager.

go fuck yourself with this shit

it HAD Potential but it was ruined by fucking drama/soap shit .....
I really would like to kill the asshole who wrote it.

yeah well your mega-purist take on things is annoying

He existed. That was his crime.

I fell into a burning ring of fire. . .

It goes like this:

TNG>DS9>TAS>VOY>ENT

And that's the only way it can go.

Any other ordering is based on childish naivete and opinions based on nostalgia, but those are all false and wrong.

KNOW YOUR SHOWS, FAGGOTS

TNG is god tier Sci-Fi, god tier Trek.

yeah, fuck SGU. major disappointment. I knew it was going to be shit the moment they had those teenagers fucking in the pilot. Im all up for sex but it those kind of scenes have no place in SF shows

>Aliens make a good sci-fi show

Explain this.

oh, fuck no

I know this is bait but...

get that shit out of here.

I loved sg-1, but going back and watching it now i cannot stand it. The constant close ups on actors, spouting non-stop scifi verbage while sitting around a table, room or other set doing almost nothing. I realized just how terrible the show is because of its poor cinimatography.