Anyone on Sup Forums an electrician or electrical apprentice...

Anyone on Sup Forums an electrician or electrical apprentice? I told my Vocational Rehab counselor that I wanted to do an electrical apprenticeship and now I'm having second thoughts. How long does it take before you start making good money and are you basically someone's bitch for the first couple years?

Tbh, I'm more into computers than I am electrical. I already have an Apple certification. Should I dump the whole electrical idea and try something more technical?

So get a few certs and enter the IT field, dafuq is wrong with you? Why work in electrical if your passion is computers? Get some of the MS certs, or, better yet, study your ass off and go for the Cisco certs. Major money kf you walk into a network admin job with a CCNP.

>I'm more into computers
You already said it. Go for IT. Also lots of companies who take IT guys.
>Guaranteed work

So should I go this route: A+, Network+, CCNA, CCNP?

Those certs are hardcore to get, you have to study a lot. OP is a lazy fag, guaranteed faillure when he attempts to get these.

Get Microsoft Certs first, these are more important if you actually want a job.

OP here, who the fuck do you think you're talking to, pal? I'm not lazy, I'm highly motivated. I just don't know which direction to take. Thought the trades would be easy money but guess not.

Where and how?

You'll carry someones tools around for a little more than minimum wage for a year or more but if you pay attention and do well you'll sign your own paychecks in the long run. Seriously, electricians are dime a dozen. Good ones are few and far between.

2 years is you go work and learn
4 if you learn

an apple certification will only get you beat up...

Fuck you OP you're lazy as fuck and you know it might as well take the easy way out already or you know what go be an electrician and electrocute yourself faggot. Who ask for career advice on Sup Forums?

i did computer science and automation electrician
and im working in security and domotic
making 2400€/ month in france
working alone or with apprentice
go for it op

ICN1 > ICND2 > CCNP
CCNP is a more in-depth rehash of the ICND courses. A+ is worth fuck-all irl, it's not going get you a worthwhile job, Net+ isnt necessarily worth it either, go for SEC+, it'll open govt contracting jobs up to you if you're able to get a clearance. Like the above poster said, these are tough certs, but worth it. Also, you can get all the hardware sims you need from torrents.

If you don't know what direction to take you should focus more on knowing where you want to go. Go visit companies ask the IT guys for their stories for orientation. Also never ask Sup Forums anything about a career. We are all a bunch of faillures.

>using ATHF reaction photos
Didn't know that shitty ass show was still on. Fuck you too, faggot.

Speak for yourself fuck-o

100% This.

Well that's France, we're talking about the United States here.

What in the fuck is ICN1 or ICND2

Oh really? Do you own your own company or live in a 500k dollar house?

IT is dead end, at least in europ

This turned in too a geek off

I heard electrician apprentices can expect to earn between $9.81 and $18.65 per hour. Not really that good for first year.

Well I'm in America.

ICND is CCNA split in half. It's easier if you have no idea what you're doing. Also, I don't own my own business, but I do make $122k a year, and I do own a $500k home. Afghanistan contracting used to pay VERY well at one point.

Well they don't offer the ICND anywhere fucking near me. Just the CCNA and CCNP (offered Spring 2017)

This is what i did.

2006 i was entry level bank teller and asked our IT guy what to do.

same year i quit and started working at a IT temp agency (just google them, go for a local company at first but i ended up at a national chain called TEKsystems)

work was sporadic, hard to make ends meet in between contracts. setting up 200 pc's at a new company or an upgrade to current systems for a couple weeks out of a month, but don't forget to put that on your resume.

after about 6 months my resume was fresh enough to land me a job as an assistant admin for a manufacturing company.

while there for 2 years i built 4 servers in my bedroom. a DC, Exchange server, IIS/FTP server, and LAMP server.

Hosted it all from a single dynamic IP. the point is to keep working on them and doing different projects you come across on the interwebs. (i reverse proxied OWA through LAMP and made my own portal) Also try to completely fuck one up and recover with a backup (that will come in handy in the future).

I saved my money and went to an MCSE Bootcamp. (google it) 2 weeks of sheer hell but you're guaranteed a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate.

Put that on my resume and landed a job as a senior MS Analyst and Network Security Engineer. Not bad for 3 years time. been working for the same hosting company for 7. $100k+ a year.

>pic related. 2008 right after getting my mcse (framed in the top left corner)

He's getting quite a bit.

Fuck the IT market these days. Certifications won't get you shit without a degree nigga. I wish I had gone into a trade. I make decent money, but office work is shit.

Self study. bootcamps can be useful, but they're usually a ripoff. Buy the books, torrent the sims, or buy a kit off ebay.

If you are that successful, what are you doing on Sup Forums? Go get a pet bear and fuck bitches. Why a bear? So you actually get bitches. You will get a lot of attention when you are riding on your bear in your city. Seems more fun than this site full of beta pedophillic edgelords.

I'm an electrician of 6 years did a lot of residential and didnt make much money, moved to commercial made better but still not enough, moved one last time to industrial and now i make a killing but im always at work... (posting from work)

I'm not getting a CompSci degree. Too much math.

>Sup Forums
>career advice

How much did the MCSE bootcamp cost and how can I get my Voc Rehab people to pay for that?

Been doing electrical for 2 years. Make 17/hr. Pay attention, work hard, go the commercial route. Learn and retain as much as possible.

With all the threads about what people do for a living, why the fuck not? If you don't like it, you can leave, bruh

Because I'm a depraved asshole with sociopathic tenancies. This place is entertaining, why else would I come here? You?

>you can leave,
but I cant

Nah, I need a desk job. Fuck that standing shit.

I doubt you could get them to pay for it. in 2008 when i got mine it cost $4000 (which included food and hotel). I just looked up the same company and its $7000 now.

The other route would be to download the cert dumps, but thats REALLY unreliable.

You clearly don't know what vocational rehab is. They pay for people to go to college and everything. Get educated, son.

college is a pyramid/ponzi scheme

Good point. I need a daily dose of retardness because I am surrounded by idiots. Going on Sup Forums makes me forget them and create the illusion how valuable stupid people are.

No shit which is why I'm avoiding that debt trap.

>thinking that you're not as ignorant as them

>that feel when you feel for the stem meme.

Hey atleast I blend in.

because an electrician can't be outsourced to india.

Check'd, also, is that a good thing?

indians can still take all those jobs those once the limits on h1-b visas are removed
its only a matter of time.

Any company that outsources network support, and has no on-site support, has a true idiot at the IT helm..

I am very optimistic.

>once the limits on h1-b visas are removed

Well then get the fuck out in November and make sure it doesn't happen

I... you know.. good for you, really. I gave up long ago.

Certs don't matter for shit any more. I am ccnp ccdp and studying and prepping for my first ccie for multiple disciplines and now its all useless. My job doesn't even consider them anymore. Learn your protocols. Learn how to put together a network if that is what you are into. DBAs make hella cash. Data analytics is where the money is right now.

Take a break from Sup Forums from time to time so your braincells can recover.

You ever consider that your geographic location is shit?

Agree with the location on that point. I live in San Diego, and most companies here like Qualcomm would love to hire you.

I graduated with an electrical engineering which in retrospect was a terrible idea as department of labor project negative growth in electrical engineering jobs for the next 10 years,
so what can I do now?

Go on the BLS and figure out what's in demand

Four years to 6 years 30'000 plus after its over

Not good enough

This could be in fact the case. I moved out of networking after doing it for more than 10 years. I am now into large data storage platforms. I also am a trader. I have more interest in money than IT at this point. I make way more money than I need at my primary job, but trading is my passion.

Cool story, Jordan Belfort

I am a software engineer and you're probably better off being an electrician if you plan to go into business for yourself or sub-contract.

You'll have to be someone's bitch for a few years in pretty much anything you do unless you're rich enough to not have to work and then why would we be having this conversation.

Work with someone who can and is willing to teach you the business side of things as well as the practical aspects of being an electrician.

I'd rather be someone's bitch and have a desk and a computer than be someone's bitch and be digging a ditch or carrying tools like a fucking slave.

would you let an indian wire your house?
there is a reason there are no black mechanics where I work.

you're making quite a jump from indian to black
as a counter point theres a reason why mexicans hangout in front of home depot.

the company I work for just outsourced its HR department. that same week a credit card was taken out in my name. coincidence?

If Indians can be doctors and engineers, I'm sure they can handle fucking wiring. Also there are nigger mechanics out there.

Do you really think slaves were allowed to carry tools?

But follow your dreams, they sound like Step 1 on the long path to that eventual job with the Geek Squad...

I see what you did there, Dick Vermeil.

dreams are for children

>Geek Squad.
That's beneath me, but thanks, faggot. Starting apprentices have to carry the jmans tools and basically be their bitch for a while. You know how long it takes to become a master electrician? 9 fucking years. I do not have time for that.

Eagles and Chiefs suck.

Buddy of mines old man is a Jman electrician. raking 9k a week. itll be along while after you hit that point though. gl

Fucking lie. No goddamn way that your friends old man is making 36k a month.