I was given a homework assignment to choose a song that perfectly matches the first three pages of "The Hunger Games"...

I was given a homework assignment to choose a song that perfectly matches the first three pages of "The Hunger Games". Basically something atmospheric and something that sounds District 12, broken and rugged. Any recs? I don't listen to enough music to choose a song

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A1HZH-1akc0
youtube.com/watch?v=ri5F633xSsY
youtube.com/watch?v=q2tarP0SuQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=zjqdDMgpbDU
digitaldjpool.com/Songs/20925/Kanye-West-Dark-Fantasy-Clean
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why not just use animal collective - my girls?

The Dead Flag Blues

lol what class is assigning hunger games related assignments jesus

but broken atmospheric and rugged maybe something of off Kveikur? Am I spelling that right? That Sigur Ros album, might be a little too soft n sweet still tho.

maybe Queen of Cans and Jars by Guided By Voices haha

Not exactly what I had in mind, but i can see why you would say it

Holy shit, this is wonderful, thanks!

Ikr

This is good too, just found a new album to listen to

Have fun in highschool english.

Something off Year Zero by NiN? The good soldier, or echoplex off the slip. Anything vaguely dystopian themed should work.

Sure will :^)
The music is good, though it is Trent's vocals that kill it for me, thanks though

OP is a high schooler and also underaged

youtube.com/watch?v=A1HZH-1akc0

first thing that came to mind.

Okay so 80% of Sup Forums.

You can be 18 in high school

This sounds great, thanks

See

Have a Nice Life springs to mind for me

Either:
youtube.com/watch?v=ri5F633xSsY

or

youtube.com/watch?v=q2tarP0SuQ4

Welcome to the Machine

hahaha, sounds like it's going to be the cringiest class of all time when people bring in their "songs"

Maybe someone'll do Boulevard of Broken Dreams too

Kanye Dark Fantasy

Probably so, my teacher is a SJW. Kids will be bringing in trap and dad rock (kill me)

or Lost in the World fading into Who will Survive in America, or even I'm In It

if that's the case, play this

youtube.com/watch?v=zjqdDMgpbDU

Perfect choice

As much as i love Swans, I can't play this as it is too long and I don't want to be "that kid"

Here's the layout for Dark Fantasy

First of all the beat has a driving, marching beat, that sounds like you're being led through a tunnel of darkness. Not PUT in a tunnel of darkness, rather led through one. So that represents a society transitioning through dark times.It is VERY "dramatic" sounding, and Hunger Games was a drama.

The intro poem, has a fairytale quality on the exterior, but a "sick, and twisted" underneath. The same way the Capitol has a paradise lifestyle for its inhabitants which is supported by some very sick things underneath. Kids across the districts watching other kids get mauled on TV should conjure this.

"Can we get much higher ?" - the Capitol's excess

"At the mall there was a seance, just kids no parents". In the books, kids are the future. Led by Katniss, she fixates their attention and unites through this seance-like trance. After so many decades of feeling hopeless, for the first time they actually feel like they can make a change if they stand together and dispose of the cruel elders who've made this world. President Snow could also be the "devil that pulls up in a chrystler LeBaron"

Which leads to line "Hey teacher teacher how do you respond to students? And refresh the page and restart the memory, respark the soul and rebuild the energy, we stop the ignorance we kill the enemies". The "teachers" or parents in the book are mostly resigned to their fate and the only advice they have for the kids is to deal with it. Haymitch is one of these teachers who has trouble getting through to Katniss and Peeta. The rest is pretty self explanatory. The rebuilt the nation's energy/spirit, restarted the memory by rewriting a new history, and killed the enemies.

There's more you could mine from that song, but this should be enough i think...

digitaldjpool.com/Songs/20925/Kanye-West-Dark-Fantasy-Clean

here's a clean version

Holy shit