Why do americans send their old relatives to nursery homes ? why dont they take care of them until they die ?

why do americans send their old relatives to nursery homes ? why dont they take care of them until they die ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B32yjbCSVpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

American parents hate their kids and kick them out ASAP, so they return the favor.

"I'm going to kick you out of the houseas soon as you turn 18 to teach you how the real world works, the way my dad taught me!"
"please takecare of me and not throw me in an old folks home now that I'm 70 years old"

It makes some people feel better when you put it in the terms of "independent living", they can support themselves and hang around with other old people.

Sad af tqbh

On the other hand lads, what will u do when u get old? Can you imagine being old?

I wish my parents send me to a retirement home.

Stop

Robotic caretakers wil be commonplace by the time I'm infirm and senile

Barely remember anything, look through the window, be alone, no one cares no more about you,

If you feel shit now, just think how u will feel when age really hits the fan

Grandparents live alone in the middle of nowhere without problems. I don't see why the elders there wouldn't be able to do the same.

I just hope I have enough money to be old and take it easy. Being poor and old must be the worst thing ever.

STOP

S T O P

NOW!

When my grandfather was dying he left my grandmother another child just so someone would look after her once he's gone. Today my uncle who is 45 still lives at home with my grandmother.

Americans work pretty long hours, don't think they have the time to look after people who need 24/7 attention

youtube.com/watch?v=B32yjbCSVpU

Children not in the US:

>What do you want to be when you grow up
>rich
>why is that, there is more in the world then being rich you know?
>but I want to build a big house for my parents when im old

Children in the US

>what do you want to be when you grow up
>President
>okay... Why?
>I want to be the boss :DDD

For my grandparents, they chose to go into "retirement villages" on their own accord. Its basically a condo where they don't have to keep up maintenance and can keep their dogs.

Who else here will kts when there parent's die?

their*

you fucking autist

You build fucking villages where youmput old people?

Don't americans have a heart? Or do they not work because of all the fat?

At some point they become like children who can and will cause problems if left alone.
Americans actually have to work, so they don't have the time to play babysitter for their parents when they decide to throw all pretense of adulthood away.

Just like your parents had to work when they took care of you?

Don't be too hard on him, people who don't speak English normally will make mistakes.

>there was this girl, really beautiful, I liked her, but, never had the courage to do anything about it
>i was young and full of energy, but I was also sad all the time for no reason, wasting life on nothing
>i wish I could do it all over again

My grandad died not so long ago, I asked him in stupid joke "you have to go someday, everyone will, you did everything, would you like to live longer?"
He was sad and said he would like to live a little bit longer.

Dumb me

Because I lack the specialized training to adequately care for someone with Alzheimer's who shits themselves five times per day.

So are you suggesting adult babysitters or something?

Listen, not all old people end up that way. Many of them are shoved into nursing homes because they are poor, and too old to work so their families have financial control enough to do that. Those cases are shitty.

There are however other cases such as dementia or alzheimers, or just plain mental degredation of some kind that results in them becoming more than just an economic burden, but also an emotional burden. Even then it's up the family to still visit and the like.

It's white people that do these sorts of things. They kick their kids out or start charging them rent the day they turn 18, and they abandon their old relatives like you described. Family isn't very important to them.

Take a good look at yourself +60 years from now, are you proud of your 20s?

I..I would not be

You also have to remember that not all Americans can even afford the economic burden of taking care of another person. Not all of us are as rich as people seem to think.

>im 18

>You build fucking villages where youmput old people?
Yes, we call it Florida.

America is built upon the lie that "every man is a king." We're all pushed into having our own servants, everyone should have servants, etc. Everyone should be rich. Etc.

It's nonsense but here we are. And this nonsense is leading to widespread societal breakdown.

We can thank New England "work ethic"/Prosperity Gospel nonsense for this.

My grandad was pretty ill for a few weeks, but he held out and decided to let go on my birthday :(

>We're all pushed into having our own servants, everyone should have servants, etc
No we're not. Honestly, Americans make use of hired help at a far lower rate than third-world shithole likes Brazil or Haiti.

Are you working on yourself? Are you enjoying your youth? If yes then great if not, then you better change it quick

>t. a guy who sits at home 24/7 had gf for 2months when he was 18 and is a sad, rebelious cunt for the most part

I'm just gonna kill myself.

Not even kidding or memeing or anything. I'm gonna prepare and just kill myself as soon as I would need to rely on my kids. That's not natural, that's not life, there's no pleasure or dignity in becoming a living a corpse.

1st world countries do this because old people have a lot of mental issues and it sometimes gets to the point where they can't take care of themselves

You wont do it, maybe you wont even have to, some people look and feel good until very end

It's literally more expensive to live in a home than it is to live on your own

>My grandad died not so long ago, I asked him in stupid joke "you have to go someday, everyone will, you did everything, would you like to live longer?"
>He was sad and said he would like to live a little bit longer.

you fucking turbo autist
holy shit

>college friend of my mom marries an American woman
>They have children here in Mexico
>They eventually divorce when the children were in kindergarden
>She decides she wants to go back to the US to pursue further education
>Her now ex husband begs her to stay in Mexico so that her children see her
>He even offers to pay for her housing and give her lots of alimony
>She leaves her children behind anyway
>kids grow up all sorts of fuckked up

Why are Americans so cold?

I would take care anyway

>granpas long dead before i was born
>grandma from mother side dies when i'm 3
>grandma from father side dies when i'm 8
I envy all of you and your good memories with your grandparents

>eating with my grandparents
>grandmother had cancer at terminal phase at that point
>had a few months left at most
>it's late summer, she starts crying that she won't see my graduation next spring
>grandfather tries to make her feel better, says he might too not live to see it
>he didn't, as a few weeks after her death he fell on stairs and died alone in his home

>That's not natural

It literally is.

you'd expect our height to mean us being closer to god's love, but instead the atmosphere is too thin, causing us to lose mental power and feelings of compassion

mexicans are all too kind and thoughtful because they are close to the ground and breathe good air. however, you guys are also closer to satan. but at least you don't leave your kids for "higher education"

They get to hang around people their age and do shit that old people like to do.

It's not as if you send them away and the next time you see them is in a morgue.

Wtf is she like 160?

if uncle is 45 his mother cannot be 115 years older than him, wtf

My grandmother started having memory problems when she was living on her own. Eventually this progressed to her no longer being able to live by herself. My parents put her in an "assisted living" home and even then she started wandering and her memory got worse. They had to put her in a facility where patients with Alzheimer's and dementia are literally locked up for their own good. She kept getting worse and couldn't distinguish reality from dreams or stuff she would see on TV anymore. From what I understand her brain eventually forgot how to keep her eating, drinking, and breathing, and they put her in hospice where she died.

I don't blame my parents, it's what they had to do. Growing old fucking sucks and I just hope I don't end up like she did.

Boomers should count their cards they aren't cut off their cushy little life support

Cause they're Godless

Honestly any American woman who would willingly live and have kids in Mexico is probably a complete psycho.

I've never seen a poor old person. Where are they?

Your own parents. Have you look at their face when they went to bed after working? Have you ever wonder did they have a decent meal at workplace?