Why hasn't there been a decent Dune adaptation yet?

Why hasn't there been a decent Dune adaptation yet?

The series is packed full of lore and rates as top-tier sci fi.

It's insane how this universe/story hasn't been touched in years.

It's not something that can be appreciated as a fun little blockbuster and that's the only thing anyone wants.

The Lynch adaptation was a masterpiece.

The Jodo adaptation, in the loosest sense of the word, would have been garbage.

Get the right director, and script writer and there could be a really fleshed out movie, but Hollywood is pretty much incapable of doing that these days.

I think the miniseries route is better than a movie.

The Lynch movie was okay, but coming from the books before I even watched the movie messed with my perception of the characters a bit, especially how they made Rabban some big fat galoof, whereas in the books they portray him as not a bright person, but he was fit and a tough warrior. That's one example.

Why do people always fucking say this? The Lynch film was a decent adaptation, critics just hated it because it made faggots look like disgusting degenerates (which is true, and also true to the books).

The real question is why nobody has gone past the third book in any media production they've done of Dune. God Emperor of Dune is arguably the best book in the series.

>arguably
Not even an argument, Leto II is the best character in the series.

>critics just hated it because it made faggots look like disgusting degenerates (which is true, and also true to the books).

Go back to Sup Forums with that shit.

Paul
>absolute bitchboy Kwizatz Haderach
>sees his train taking off from the station and panics, tries to guide his Jihad in order to not hurt people
>fails, can't escape fate, his own prescient visions are fucking everything up
>gets nuked, goes nuts, wanders into the desert
>comes back into town to speak against his own empire and gets executed by his sister

Leto II
>preborn, organizes his multiple personalities to rule by consensus
>sees the future like his father
>isn't a little bitch about it, accepts fate and instead of trying to stand against it he embraces it, discovers the golden path
>absolutely ruthless, does whatever is necessary to further humanity along his path
>even sacrifices his humanity
>spends 5,000 years ruling as the worst tyrant in human history
>wants to breed his great^100s niece with Idaho ghola #2253235
>they hate each other and don't want to fuck, both hate Leto for this and plan to kill him
>getting caught was part of his plan
>reveals to his murderers all of his secrets and gives them his empire
>they found common ground in their murder plot and get married and have a bunch of kids
>all according to plan

>go back to Sup Forums with that shit

Go back to tumblr with that shit

>5,000 years
Wasn't it just 2000? Also you left out
>after his death, a part of his consciousness is now in every living sandworm
>all spice that is ever going to be produced is going to have part of him in it

because jodorowsky didn't get to make his movie

I just don't want Sup Forumslacks shitting up the thread with their fucking bullshit agendas. Not all of us are stormfags like you m8.

There's too much to cover in a movie that's less than three hours unless you go the montage route for certain parts. A miniseries would work better, but then the budget will likely be a lot less.

The alternative edition redux fan-edit is still the GOAT

>Leto's millenium-long plan was to be the worst contrarian in history so his oedipal descendants who kneejerked-contrarian'd his contrary position had no choice but to freely choose the opposite of his contrarian ways--leading to the golden path
goddamn Leto's rule was just a giant, ancient, basic reverse-psychology prank

Let HBO rape it just like they did with ASoIaF.

Wouldn't it be difficult to make a film with an enormous god-emperor sandworm man in nearly every scene? Even considering how CGI has improved.

Nothing past the first book is worth reading.

I'm alive?

I'm alive.

I'M ALIVE!
I'M ALIVE!
HAHAHA!

Go home Vladimir.

He who controls the spice!
Controls the universe!

9/11 happened. No one will ever touch this property again.

Ancestral recall: 1 Blue - Draw three, the most powerful card in a certain game of chance, is directly derived from the BG's practice of genetic memory. ima nerd and just had to say this.

> Why hasn't there been a decent Dune adaptation yet?

There’s no reason why Dune couldn’t be adapted, but it would have to be as a tv series, as the story is simply too big for the limited time available with a theatrical movie.

I’d also suggest any Dune tv series would need top-tier actors and a substantial budget for locations, costumes, SFX, etc.

But as we’ve come to see with the HBO adaption of Game of Thrones, we can no longer trust Hollywood to not fuck up the story six-ways-to-Sunday…

>The Lynch adaptation was a masterpiece.

The Lynch movie as a fantastic sci-fi movie but a terrible adaption of the original story, as there is just no way to do the story justice in a two-hour theatrical movie.

Dune can't have a good adaptation because it doesn't have good source material

>not watching 3+ hour cuts

The two miniseries were better than the movie.

AND HE'LL KNOW HE'LL KNOW! IT IS I, BARON VLADMIR HARKONNEN WHO ENCOMPASSES HIS DOOM

feyd...lovely feyd

WHERE IS MY DOCTOR?

Kill yourself.

That is a terrible depiction of God Emperor Leto II.
Just utterly fucking terrible.

The more important fact about Leto's death is that humanity is no longer centered on Arrakis and spice, since spice becomes commonplace.

>HBO raped ASoIaF
>implying it was any good to begin with

Because Americans.