If the simpsons were started today, Bart and Milhouse would have a relationship

>If the simpsons were started today, Bart and Milhouse would have a relationship.

you know it's true Sup Forums

They do have a relationship, they're friends.

Dumb thread.

Does her arm look really long to anyone else?

>can't disagree so he needs to poke logic holes

okay let me rephrase it; if The Simpsons were made in 2016 Bart and Milhouse would be gay together.

I remember an episode where Marge was going to take Bart's fever from his ass and Lisa said
>Just close your eyes and think of Milhouse

what are you talking aout? Simpsons ended up a long time ago. What you see now is a lame series that happens to have the same characters

>not the most intelligent man but a very hard working father
ummm

does anyone think they got a new writing staff, or just ran out of idea, are trying to keep up with the times, or are they forced to make show this way because they know that men watch it and are pushing the "progressive agenda".

Holy shit.

They're already very much happy together

try again:)

>Alec Baldwin & Kim Bassinger
>Season 11 onwards

>>can't disagree so he needs to poke logic holes

I did agree actually, are you an idiot?

I think you're overestimating the penetration of homosexual relationships into televtision.

>"progressive agenda"
I don't think so, Tim.

>overestimating
I just gave you a direct quote, user. It was just Lisa being a dick, didn't mean to imply any canonical homosexual relationship between Bart and Milhouse.

They had an almost entirely new writing staff when Season 5 started. That was when the show started to get 'whacky' because they had all this precedent and they ran with it. Conan is credited with making the show more absurd, even though he only wrote 3 episodes.

John Swartzwelder was a mainstay which is good but idk what happened after season 9.

Wow. I've seen this episode so many times and I just noticed the joke,

>if the simpsons was still airing today, it would be awful

prove me wro-

That episode has been criticized for Homer being annoyingly retarded. Now Homer is always that level of stupid.

sorry meant to reply to

I only noticed because you made me look at the image more closely. Makes me wonder how much shit I was too retarded to notice, growing up.

Is there a joke I don't get in that pic?

If you're being serious, all the supposedly different beers are coming from the same pipe.

oh fuck I swear I didn't notice that I was focusing on the barrels haha

bud, bud light, bud light platinum, bud ice, bud light lime, bud-a-rita, tartar control bud

First reply best reply

Conan was credited for 4 episodes, but weren't all the writers writing the show together?

Yeah that was I think the earliest time that an entire episode was based around the guest stars.

It was a good episode but it was a sign of things to come and a far cry from having Dustin Hoffman use an alias.

That's the thing. Old Simpsons was full of "GUEST STARRING X." Fuck, the Michael Jackson episode is awful. Some of the guest star episodes were good, but the same is true today.

The "so progressive" shit is also dumb because Simpsons has always been a liberal show. Homer's Phobia was pro-gay and it was in season eight. Lisa the Vegetarian is season seven.

Yes.
You are not alone.

I don't think anyone is saying that stuff didn't exist until the modern simpsons. But it wasn't institutionalized in the way it is now. The characters had those traits but they weren't entirely defined by them and not every episode focused on them.

But this happens with every sitcom. The writers can't come up with new ideas so they exaggerate the personalities of the characters, making them into caricatures. Like Kevin on The Office.

>the simpsons meet jack black ®
Wow, he got thin

I was thinking that too.

imagine sketching a caricature of him for the episode then having to change it because Jack's people said you made it "too fat."

Lets hope to god Jonah hill never guest stars

It used to be called chuck's suck and fuck

That character isn't jack black though, it's not like the baldwins

That's pretty much what the image is saying, though. "Old Simpsons was like this, but New Simpsons is like THIS" ignoring that, no, New Simpsons is just like Old Simpsons.

What really happened is most people grew out of the show. There's only so many times you can see the same characters do the same things. Honest truth is the show hasn't changed all that much, and that's why people really hate it (as evidenced by their nitpicks applying to Old Simpsons as well as New Simpsons).

If you want to like Old Simpsons because you're nostalgic for it that's fine, so do I. But you can't say "New Simpsons sucks because Special Guests" or "the animation is cheap" or "so progressive" when all these things were true of Old Simpsons. Be honest, if not with others than at least with yourself.

Or don't. Whatever.

>mfw I was going to marathon all 9 first seasons but then I remembered there are entire episodes focused on Lisa

We don't have a edit somewhere cutting her off entirely?