Why does Sup Forums hate it?

Why does Sup Forums hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsoBE__vLVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We don't

Ending and last season where bad and no rewatch value because the entire show builds on cliffhangers other than that ok.

Contrarian hipsters do.

it's popular

This show is beloved here.

Because it and Game of Thrones brought undesirables to this board.

>where bad

because it got meme-ized hard and now the contrarians can't see past those memes and recognize the actual value of the show

>I am Dewan Honucks!
What did he mean by this? I thought his name was Walter.

You obviously weren't here when it was airing. We had daily threads about it especially during the wait between the S3 finale and the S4 premier, it wasn't until it began to get noticed by more mainstream people and viraled on places like Netflix or Reddit.

Early seasons are great just for the dark humour which they completely threw out the window when the destroyed the RV.

Also, season 5 was fucking great, you fags just can't see that because
>muh unity of action
>aristoteleio reeeeeeeee

seasons 1-4: walt's character arc of corruption
season 5: walt can't be corrupted further, now his loved ones start becoming corrupted

natural progression

s1-2 were sick rest is too cliffhanger driven and all characters become less relatable. except maybe skyler, i dont even know why people dont like her.

Not many people have the Director's Cut Hyper-Extended version of TDKR, so it's no surprise that you don't get the reference.

Smee mentions his cousin Dewan at 9:46 into the movie, and among the background chatter you can hear him acknowledging his las name is actually Honucks. Walter was merely testing how well versed in Kino Skyler was. This also explains why he tries to murder her later on in the series, because he can't stand the fact that he married a pleb.

only edgy contrarians hate it
its one of the best tv shows of all time

it is clearly overrated,but Sup Forums loves it.

I thought season 5 was great and a good ending to the show despite some strange plotting and characterization

UNO FARTO

How come nobody cared about it until it was ending? Breaking Bad fans seemed invisible for a long time then season 5 rolls around now suddenly everyone has watched it.

I love Breaking Bad because it was one of the only TV shows that I felt lived up to the hype in my eyes. I love any story that deals with the gray area of morality, and Walt's transformation was so well done and was way more believable than it had any right to be.

whats your point my friend

try rewatching it and you'll see that it has terrific rewatch value.
in fact, that's one of it's main beauties.

I have rewatched it. I still maintain that season 5 was very weak and felt disconnected from the other seasons

Its literally because reddit likes it

I know RIGHT?

see

Because of its inflated reputation, really annoying how so many plebs won't shut the fuck up about how it's "the greatest TV show ever."

It's a good series, but much of the drama feels like artifice and the writers seem to throw a "did that just happen son? DAMMMNNN!" moment into every fucking episode, especially in the later seasons. Dumb plebs jack off to how much of a badass Heisenberg is, but the only real appeal the show ever had was the humor, which fades into the background more and more with each passing season.

Breaking Bad is 7/10 at best, anyone who thinks it's some kind of a television masterpiece should kill themselves.

Yeah, some greentext and a line about the change in Walts character doesn't convince me that season 5 wasn't the weakest of the entire show.

ok so why is it weakest in YOUR opinion?

It was literally one of the most popular and hyped shows from season 2 and onward.

that's just, your opinion, man
why do you have o be so edgy about it

did skyler develop stockholm syndrome?

Bullshit ,it didn't pick up in the mainstream sphere until S4 was nearly over.

I genuinely feels like they threw a wobbly on the last season.
Like they didn't know which was the safest way to end it.

Hey baby

They don't hate the show. They hate the fanbase.

The fanbase of Breaking Bad (and GoT) consists of redditors who say it's the GOAT show when they have no real point of reference, because they've never seen anything else with a shred of quality.

The show is very good, but it's easy to resent it when you have retarded teenagers everywhere thinking it's LE GENIUS XD when they read about the show's overt symbolism on /r/breakingbad because they were too dumb to figure it out themselves.

Underrated post

le enlightened gentleman xD

you dont know what underrated means. you cant say that right after they post it

my man knows his shit

samefag

2/10 attempt

>tfw select all images with trees

>much of the drama feels like artifice and the >writers seem to throw a "did that just happen son? DAMMMNNN!" moment into every fucking episode

Fucking this. Plus so many of the events in the show are results of insane luck or one-in-a-million chance coincidences, which are amazing when they happen in real life. When they're scripted, it's not impressive.

>so many of the events in the show are results of insane luck or one-in-a-million chance coincidences, which are amazing when they happen in real life. When they're scripted, it's not impressive.

You could say the same thing about pulp fiction. Still doesn't hold up as a convincing argument imo.

this is why it's called 'fiction' and not real life.
some people like it, some not.
you're probably the type that likes more realistic things. I like it when a show makes use of the fact that it doesn't have to be realistic, let their imagination go wild.

The plane crash was brilliantly scripted imo.

First season of Game of Thrones is literally one of the best seasons of anything ever.

Because it ruined Sup Forums by bringing redditors here

because I just don't buy into Brian Cranston
I think he's a phoney
from Seinfeld to MItM, I just don't buy into his acting
never got through the first episode

The way I feel is that a show that doesn't take itself seriously or is sci-fi fantasy or just an escapist adventure show, I'm not bothered by unrealistic shit.

However, when it's a drama based in the real world like Breaking Bad, I hold it to a higher standard of not pulling ridiculous coincidences out its ass.

Obligatory pic related

Friendly reminder that all Sup Forums lists always look just like reddit lists.

> when it's a drama based in the real world like Breaking Bad, I hold it to a higher standard of not pulling ridiculous coincidences out its ass.

This is why anyone who says Season 2 of Breaking Bad is the best should hang themselves. The plane crash shit was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on a "great" show.

The Sup Forums top 10 was a million times better than that one.

S5P1 wasn't as enjoyable for me like the other seasons, but it had some great dialog. And I fucking love S5P2, where it's a shitstorm from beginning to end.

I didn't like how in the final episode Walt attained ninja abilities to sneak inside houses in broad daylight without being spotted... and his gun plot seemed a little too based on chance, but everything else in the series was fucking amazing. It's fun to go back to Season 1 where people were unhappy-ish but not nearly as fucked as they were in the final seasons.

>GoT in the top 10

Literally the same fucking shows.

i can see that.

For me Breaking Bad is wildly unrealistic, and doesn't take itself seriously. Hank finds out about Walt on the toilet..? Crazy 8 walking down the street trying to escape..

>an escapist adventure show

It's a controversial escapist fantasy of doing everything you would never dare to dream of. Having money and power, going for the adrenaline rush. People actually identify with Walt, which is not just edgy, but actually tapping into dark fantasies that people have deep down, I think.

I don't think of Breaking Bad as a very deep show, nor very complicated. This doesn't mean it can't be very very good.

I think people even kind of miss the point trying to intellectualize the show. It's not really about that imo.

It is brutally visceral though, and never before have pure terror and grueling moments mixed so well with comedy, especially in the first two seasons. I mean, it's still truly horrible as well as truly funny. Most shows or movies trying to combine the two tend to shift towards one or the other. Like the bathtub falling down, and them having to clean it up.

this

The Wannabe Intellectual Fanbase Trifecta:

Film: Christopher Nolan's Filmography
Television: Breaking Bad
Music: Tool

Sup Forums was already made up of 97% redditors long before BrBa. The manlets and wannabe patricians on here always change their opinions overnight when their meme shows become popular.

you are the wannabe intellectual.
breaking bad isnt intellectual :/

This isn't reddit

>breaking bad isnt intellectual :/

None of them are, hence the wannabe label.

breaking bad isnt trying to be.
most of its fans aren't either.

you're probably biased because you browse reddit a lot and get your sample of public opinion form the internet.

>most of its fans aren't either.

This is objectively untrue. Every single person I've ever talked to who says Breaking Bad is the GOAT is always pointing to the Season 2 episode name/cold open shit, the color theory, or its genius symbolism.

everyone i speak to in real life about the show isnt like that...

idk why even hate on that though?

if they like it...

are you saying you are way smarter than they are and the symbolism is objectively beneath you?

thats kind of arrogant imo.

what am i even doing here

>i lived in a bubble ergo the show is bad

....XD!!!!

wHat did you le just le say to le ME???!?!?

xDD

Seasons 1 and 2 were absolute GOAT

Season 5 was the best one and the nazis were the only antagonists that weren't completely ridiculous cartoon characters.

Last episode was still bad though.

Ozymandias is such an overrated episode, something about it feels lacking but the only thing I remember about it are the last couple minutes where Hank and his agent friend get killed. I much prefer the episode where Tuco holds Walter and Jessie hostage, stakes just felt higher then.

Someone post the edits.

>walt tells jesse about killing the cick for absolutely no reason because they realized that they should maybe do something with it
>then they forget the whole thing in the next episode

Top writing desu.

junped the shark when they held up the train

youtube.com/watch?v=QsoBE__vLVA

>caring this much about other peoples opinions
what the fuck is wrong with you anons

Breaking bad is edgy

it became popular

this is the most réddit list ever
>sopranos at 22, behind futurama

Breaking Bad is only hated because the fans are obnoxious and haven't seen anything outside of that, The Sopranos and The Wire.