Daily reminder that this show never had to rely on meme episodes like "Fly" in Breaking Bad and "Pine Barrens" in the...

Daily reminder that this show never had to rely on meme episodes like "Fly" in Breaking Bad and "Pine Barrens" in the Sopranos in order to fill episode quotas.

Quality every episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdbWsX6h4eo
youtube.com/watch?v=s9o6krTi5rA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yearly reminder that McNulty actually sounds like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdbWsX6h4eo

I fucking love The Wire, but "Fly" and "Pine Barrens" are both great episodes

youtube.com/watch?v=s9o6krTi5rA

>Quality every episode
>Forgetting season 5 exists

it did have a meme (honestly overrated) scene tho

You're seriously bitching about Fly? It was one fucking episode. The show had over 60 episodes and only one of them is filler. That's pretty damn impressive.

The first two episodes were boring and shitty. Obviously I can't comment on the rest.

Fuck

but it had to rely on meme-charactars like oma and brother musou

Omar was the equivalent of meme episodes.

correct, well done user

But The Sopranos didn't have to beat its themes over the viewers' heads so overtly and repetitively, and actually fleshed its characters out so they seemed like real people, not caricatured cliches like McNulty.

The Wire is babby's first thematic subtext. Nothing more.

Fly is an episode genetically engineered to appeal to imdbspawn Sup Forumsedditors with no sense of sophisication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good tv show pairing reddit tier meta drugshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie aesthetic. This is a flick show at best and rightfully ruined Aaron Paul's career.

Can you say that without all those buzzwords please? I feel like you make a compelling argument but this reads like a twelve year old trying to sound cool in front of the hip kids

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place has a lot to offer heh you'll see, kid that is if you can handle it

Just finished the first season

First two episodes were kind of a chore to get through. It did start picking up a little afterwards though.

I'm afraid that I can't appreciate the show enough due to watching more recent shows that were probably influenced by it and copied certain aspects.

Also it bothers me how many characters there are. I feel like you don't get to know any of them well enough. I would love to see more of Dee and Wallace but it didn't get too in depth. The whole thing with McNulty's wife and kids was a waste of time.

it gets great in season 2 and better every season after that. Stick with it, all of the characters are given plenty of time to develop and grow on you

The characterization is one of the weaker aspects of the show. The characters are mostly just vessels to convey the show's themes. And yeah, McNulty's family life is kind of a cliched and simplistic way to give his character dimension.

U mad

Haven't watched all of the wire yet but you will get used to all the characters and recognize them. It's like how Oz has so many fucking characters but every single one of them was memorable and you can recognize them the second you see him. Just gotta see enough of it to recognize everybody.

le memein meme meme meme aesthetic amirite

Also I hadn't read too much about the show before jumping into it. I thought each season resolved completely and the next season would be about an entirely different department in the city. So I ended up feeling a bit blue balled at the end. Stringer seems like a cool character to continue exploring though.

the entirety of season 4 was a meme
he sounds like an american attempting an awful british accent kek

>Pine Barrens is one of the most highly acclaimed episodes so I'll just refer to it as a 'meme episode' to make it seem like I have an argument

How about addressing the fucking moronic fake serial killer plot in Season 5? Or the entire newspaper arch which is the definition of filler.

not necessarily a different department, just different aspects of Baltimore from the schools, city government, harbor, and street gangs. It will focus on those characters from season one frequently again.

reread your post and reassess your life

Look nigger I love the wire, Sopranos, and BB but both of the episodes you listed are pretty good. The pine barrens is excellent.

>didn't rely on quotas for episodes
>they let a man who shot his car up, pistol whipped a kid causing partial blindness, and killed an undercover cop become a teacher for an entire meme season

The Wire was great, but Season 4 is where it went to shit and Season 5 was the nail in the coffin.

stringer is a huge focus of season 3. could even call him a main character. he gets one of the best arcs too

4 was great, you're just a gump

>Season 4 is where it went to shit

jesus christ

That's why they ended with season 5. The only other place they could go was talking about beaners, but who wants to talk about that.

Season 4 was great btw. They should've ended with that.

His father in law was high up and protecting him.

Also
>implying 4 isn't the best season

>never had to rely on meme episodes
That's because literally the entire show was one big meme.

Don't get me wrong, I love the wire, but the only reason it didn't have meme filler episodes is because silly meme shit was serialized throughout the whole story.

>Later, during the pursuit of a suspect, Prez accidentally shot and killed a plainclothes officer, a mistake further complicated by racial implications (the killed officer was black). Despite disowning him earlier, Valchek used his influence to have the charges dismissed, and although Daniels and several other African-American officers were willing to testify (per Valchek's request) that Prez was not racist, Prez chose to leave the department.[2]

>Omar jumping off a 4th story balcony without getting hurt
>Is invincible plot armored vigilante who takes down the most ruthless gangs in the most unrealistic ways
>gets show by some little kid in a gas station in the end

Omar is the meme of the show. It would be better without him.

>without getting hurt

he got turned into a fucking gimp dude. he looks at kenard as he came in and didn't think anything of him. his mind was on other things. that's what killed him: losing his cool. he'd gone feral

Holy shit his accent on the wire was amazing. I literally had no idea. Idris Elba's is pretty good too, but I knew he was a eurocuck already

One of the best shows of all time and it makes me so angry that it never won any major awardss. The whole plot with the Zobotkas in S2 made no fucking sense though and seemed out of place.

Season 2 with the Sobotkas was the best tho. Frank did nothing wrong.

Fucking cringed at this post. I really hope you didn't mean that earnestly.

> Omar jumping off a 4th story balcony without getting hurt
IIRC, that happened to one of the real people he was based on. Also he broke his leg

> gets show by some little kid in a gas station in the end

That's the irony as the kid that shot him was the kid in third season saying "I'm Omar" near the crime scene of the drug house he'd held up. The aftermath of all the characters is probably the only part that made season 5 worth anything.

I still don't really fully understand what Ziggy's plot line. I think that scene with the duck drinking itself to death in the bar was one of the weirdest things on that show.

Season 1 you can hear it a few times. After that you can't tell.

Every season was about some part of Baltimore. Season 1 was about the war on drugs. Season 2 was about the docks and shit that goes on around there... business leaving and what not. It of course traced it's way back to the war on drugs and more. Season 3 went back to the war on drugs with a look into cop politics, general politics, and allegories to the war in Iraq. Season 4 was about the education system and politics (yfw they mentioned Ben Carson and Carcetti was partly based on O'Malley). Season 5 was talking about the media. It partly bricked on that but did get some good points across. It also made sure to catch up on several characters from past seasons.

It most likely happened IRL

4>1>2>5>3

4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5

2bh

fuck....