Civil War Discussion

>How can anyone still be #TeamCap?

>Implying Spidey wasn't the best thing in the movie

>Why did Aunt May give him "fuck me" eyes in the post-credits scene?

Spider-Man's voice was kinda' annoying.

>Why did Aunt May give him "fuck me" eyes in the post-credits scene?

because YOU JUST KNOW

>because iron man was an over emotional duck who refused to hear cap out about any risks. General Ross wouldn't look at evidence either. The crossbones explosion was a flimsy excuse for a power grab by the UN. Also, implying the UN could manage any crisis efficiently

>spidy was great but he can duke it out with any man for that spot

>shes Marissa tomei, she only has fuck me eyes

Cap is right. General Ross is an incompetent dickhead and the fact that the UN has him doing shit shows how incompetent and corrupt and evil they are.

>spider man was the best part

but hes not ant man?

>DO IT PETER

Can someone tell me why the hell the Spiderman costume was so blatantly CGI? If maguire's spiderman and garfield's weren't, why the hell was this one?

Ant-Man was the best thing in the movie desu

Because they still hadn't cast Tom Holland when they filmed the airport battle. So they filmed it with stuntdoubles, and replaced them with a CGI figure modeled after Holland's height and physique. Holland has mentioned how he only wore the physical suit once, while lying down, because the stuntman who filled in for Spider-Man was taller and buffer than him, so the suit looked baggy on him.

>How can anyone still be #TeamCap?
i was so annoyed with him at the end of the movie and i'm glad we getting a break from the character until IW

Apparently it's not CGI besides the eyes. Just for whatever reason, the spandex looks weird as hell shot on film when it doesn't have that thick ugly webbing that was used in Raimi and TASM. The suit needs real texture to not look weird on film, that's the reason it was always there and now it's gone you can see why it was needed.

I can see the Avengers just becoming a replacement for the helicarriers if they were completely under the UN's control.

The government in the MCU is way too shady to support.

I want to fuck Marisa Tomei

>his favorite part wasn't Ant-Man
shit taste

Team Cap represents Conservatives and Team Iron-Cuck represents Liberals. How can anyone be Team Iron-Cuck?

>Despite the supergeeks’ arguing either against working for the restrictive capitalist government or for their own sense of doing right and correcting injustice, the fact is, nothing here has gravitas. Civil War is politics as adolescents misperceive social/global crisis.

>This has been going on for so long (ever since Hollywood realized the bounty to be had in cajoling comic-book culture’s ready audience; since, say, the 1978 Superman film, then 1989’s Batman) that, by now, the brainwashing is complete. The trivializing has grabbed such hold that when a genuine pop artist like Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman), many fanboys, and critics, react with anger, resentment — and ignorance.

ant man has a good personality (it's paul rudd, so comon) but his powers are cheesey and dumb

>Conservatives
>Wanting to join the UN

I personally didn't like it.

Winter soldier was leagues ahead of this.

I didn't even know that it was made by the same people, and then that incoherent shaky cam jump cut action shit came up

>ese archivonombre
kek

I liked Civil War's fight scenes were better, but I liked the overall feel of Winter Soldier better. Just seemed like a better movie.

>$250M budget 750M gross worldwide
What gets me is the people that stand in line for hours to get first look and then say a movie sucks. wtf?

Do you think it would make sense to rebuild SHIELD again in the MCU who will do all the superhero paperwork etc? Or will Cap and his team never want to be part of an organisation again?

Did people really like Spiderman? I thought he was kinda insufferable. I don't care if that's the accurate comic portrayal.

Also with the climactic airport battle really felt like there was nothing at stake because of all the goddamned quips and the fact how at the end they're all gonna get freed from jail anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it was cool and shit though.

Why is it such a big goddamn deal to be oversighted by the UN. It's not like they have to follow orders. What is the UN gonna do if the avengers stop avenging? It's not like they even have a military force to push them around.

And I mean goddamb they've saved the world multiple times. The entire world. And they're butthurt about a few casualties?

Just watched it.

Solid Marvel flick, I liked it. Although it was not as good as Winter Soldier, it's somewhere near as far as Marvel movies go.

Positives:

>Good motivations for both Cap and Tony leading to believable conflict between the Avengers
>Cap and Bucky friendship
>Tony's jealousy and resentment of Cap and resulting drama
>Cap's victory over enraged overpowered Tony was based as fuck
>Everyone had their moment to shine
>Enjoyable Spider-Man
>Good action scenes
>Pacing and editing kept me going and barely noticing that movie is more than 2 hours long
>Zemo was probably the best Marvel villain alongside Fisk and Kilgrave

Negatives:

>Civil War stuff and Bucky stuff feel somewhat disjointed and movie is not as focused as it could be
>Probably the fault of other movies, but Tony and Steve's relationship could've been explored more. Their conflict did not quite reach the emotional burn that comics one did. Guess it's because MCU Tony and Steve hated each other from the get go instead of being actual friends

Overall I think the movie has successfully explored it's themes and works as a coherent whole. Enjoyed it.

Tried my hardest not to compare it with BvS

I think Cap and his team were pretty clear, no more SHIELD. It's probably for the best.

I could take him or leave him

>1.jpg

>comon

Who builded the Raft prison and who did they originally want to contain there?