What does Sup Forums think of Michael Haneke?

What does Sup Forums think of Michael Haneke?

intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour

he did Robocop, right?

I very much enjoy both versions of funny games

I've only seen Cache. It was absolutely masterfully done, with some powerful moments, so I repect the hell out of it. But I didn't find it flawless or particularly get a ton out of it on a personal level (which is certainly more a matter of taste than a critique of the film) and I don't entirely understands it's praise as the best film of the 21st century. I wouldn't consider it a favorite or top movie for me, but it was no doubt good.

what's his superpower?

the controle remote scene is one of the most remarkable ones in film history for me

this.
The sensibilties of a teenaged edgelord.

Who?

Who Das Weisse Band here?

One of the few true masters of modern cinema. The kind of director that Tarantino and Refn wish they could be.

Don't take him too seriously and you'll enjoy his work.

i blew air out through my nose

>nihilistic

Watch more Haneke.

Funny people was probably adam sandler´s one good flick.
Even if it was way too long

Why do people pretend either version of Funny Games is superior over the other when it's literally a shot for shot remake?

he looks like a hungry Gerry Adams

The American one had better actors and graphics

The acting makes all the difference in the world.

i like some of his movies but it was disappointing to find out that he's actually a fucking edgelord irl

>graphics

>he's actually a fucking edgelord irl

How so?

I love him but he needs some fucking constraint in his work, it's like he's afraid of being called a populist if he makes his films a little more accessible.

How would you rate The Piano Teacher compared to his other films? It's the only Haneke film I watched so far.

I loved Funny Games, tried to get through Benny's Video but after killing that girl with the cattle gun I just kinda turned it off.

Ttied to watch The White Ribbon on Ebert's reccommendation but it was so dull I fell asleep.

Imo The Piano Teacher is his best film, it's near perfect. Cache and The White Ribbon aren't far behind, Funny Games is great too but not as good as those 3

seventh continent is best Haneke though

Funny games irritated me which put me off him, but Amour broke my heart and that won me back.