Everybody wants some

He is losing it right

I mean...this is something you would expect from Seth Rogan

are you just going based on the trailer? because the trailer is truly awful. the movie on the other hand is truly amazing.

it's not. the movie is awful.
it's like watching a typical, garbage comedy movie.
i enjoyed Dazed and Confused to an extent, but this movie is literally awful. there's not a single good thing about it.
the cinematography, music, characters, writing, direction, it's all horrid.

You sound like someone with pretty awful taste to be honest.

Why would you go see this if you don't like Dazed and Confused very much? The movies are very similar. Also the characters are incredible and the writing is some of the strongest of Linklater's career.

why do you hate fun so much?

Linklater a shit

>one of the best reviewed movies of the year
>a follow up to one of the best reviewed movies of the century

yeah, his career is definitely in trouble OP

pleb

I could care less. I just want to fuck the girl silly.

she is so damn charming

i enjoyed Dazed and Confused, i did. i only watched this movie because i wanted to see another movie like Dazed and Confused, or at least something similar to it. instead, i got literal garbage.
when i said it feels like a garbage comedy, i meant it. it feels exactly like any comedy movie that gets a 0% on RT. it's sheer lack of creativity outside of Linklater's typical "relive the past" style is just pathetic.

So far you have not offered a single criticism that you have explained with any lucidity. The movie is extremely similar to Dazed and Confused. It doesn't engage in nostalgia for an era, there are almost zero jokes in the movie that are period-specific. The reason it is set in 1980 is because that is the year Linklater started college as a baseball player, it is an autobiographical touch.

And again, the movie is extremely similar to Dazed and Confused. How is it not?

1. it's not funny. the jokes that they make are completely bland and uninspired, usually relying heavily on the characters of the movie, which, outside of one character, are all completely unmemorable and boring.

2. boring style of film. the majority of the movie relies on a style in which the characters talk to each other in a single frame, almost like a single-camera setup for a sitcom, which, incase you don't know, is as boring as cinematography can get.

3. plot direction is nonexistent. unlike Dazed and Confused whereas the movie actually moves toward a certain point in the story, this movie is just bickering amongst college kids. there's no sense of direction the entire movie. the whole one scene that i enjoyed was them practicing baseball, which made sense, seeing as the movie revolved around the events preceding a baseball season. unfortunately, even though the movie is about the kids talking about baseball, that is literally the only scene where they actually play baseball.

also, unlike Dazed and Confused, this movie seems completely intended to be a comedy. i enjoyed Dazed and Confused not because it was funny, but rather because the movie successfully manages to feel like a period piece, as if it's pulling you into a day from the 70s.

>which, outside of one character, are all completely unmemorable and boring.

>Jay "Raw Dog" Niles
>Finn
>that one weird kid who poured cologne down his pants
>Willoughby

>unmemorable

you seem fun

You sound completely off-base in basically every one of your complaints.

1. why would the jokes not rely on the characters that are delivering them? What Linklater is so good at is developing characters in a way that allows them to be funny irregardless of the words that they're actually speaking. We know each character and the way they act with one another becomes funny because of our understanding of those people. That being said, the jokes are funny and extremely quotable.

2. Have you ever seen a Linklater movie before? The style of his camerawork is almost always the same. His films eschew the need for aesthetically daring photography because they are meant to feel natural and organic. Also, EWS is probably one of his prettier films in terms of its use of lighting and location choices. If you don't think the images inside of The Sound Machine are beautiful then you need to have your eyes checked.

3. Again, have you ever seen a Linklater movie? Or have you seen Dazed and Confused? All of his best movies are almost entirely plotless as the entire focus is meant to be on the characters and their interactions with one another. And then there's this: "unfortunately, even though the movie is about the kids talking about baseball, that is literally the only scene where they actually play baseball." What in the hell does that mean? How is that a criticism? I'm sorry to tell you this but a movie is evaluated on the scenes it does include and just because a movie is about baseball players does not mean that it's about baseball.

Also, Linklater didn't make Dazed to feel like a period piece. And it doesn't. What about Dazed makes that movie feel as though it could only be made in the 70s other than the soundtrack and the clothing? There are almost no period-specific jokes or even references to contemporaneous events.

Okay, I'll sit here and wait for more vague criticisms that bear no relevance to the film.

EVERYONE I KNOW DRINKS A SCREWDRIVER

>Cats should not be in fridges.

GOAT college movie. It's everything that Dazed & Confused was except better - just a great time hanging out with some really lovable guys.

Screw you OP.

OP confirmed for never having had fun in his entire life

you probably saw the movie alone due to having no friends, right?

>all these linklamer cucks ITT

kek

>liking a great director makes one a cuck

no wonder this board is in the state that it is

My sister drinks a screwdriver!

Name a director with a better filmography.

You can't.

Best movie of the year. Linklater can do no wrong! except Boyhood, let's just forget it exists

Are there any other aimless friend-simulators like Dazed and Confused and Everybody Wants Some? They're so comfy.

watch Magic Mike XXL!

please do not assume it's not good based on its content. it's made by Soderbergh, absolutely beautifully shot, littered with great characters, and a perfect hangout movie that is really very, very similar to Everybody Wants Some. Please watch it.

>Please watch it.

Definitely not watching it

Is the first one any good?

it's alright but XXL is way, way, way better in every conceivable way. and the first one is not necessary to watch before seeing the sequel.

what does this mean