2005-2012 = god tier. some of the best music i've heard

2005-2012 = god tier. some of the best music i've heard
2013-2016 = un-listenable trash that has actually regressed both technically and emotionally

what do you think happened to him in his real life that caused such a dramatic drop in the quality of his music? his sampling, especially for the vocals, used to be really creative. now he just straight-samples tunes from his peers and has absolutely no regard for making an actual finished tune. it's just sketchy, unfocused crap that goes nowhere. also, don't give me that "burial has matured and moved on with his sound" bullshit, because he's still using the same fucking vinyl crackle and lighter clicks he always did, but rather than complimenting the sound, it now hides how utterly trash they are.

i suppose at least he had 7 years of being on top of his game, but it's really sad to see what he's become in these last few years. i doubt we'll see a decent release from him ever again. rip will, it was good while it lasted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YLYAyn7sV6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he got too into dark souls, stopped caring about music knowing anything he released would be relatively lauded because of the name attached to it and turned into a neet

The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun.

dark souls 2 happened

fucking tanimura ruins everything

also, when i say 2012 was the last year he released anything decent, i don't mean truant either, which is when he started his descent into shitness. so 2005-half of 2012

idk man that single pretty decent actually, with a different atmosphere, sure, but decent still

not god tier though, agreed

Link related was played by Kode9 in the same set that contained Truant/Rough Sleeper and yet it wasn't included as part of Truant/Rough Sleeper.

youtube.com/watch?v=YLYAyn7sV6k

Why is this still unreleased?

As part of the released Truant/Rough Sleeper, should clarify.

lets talk about this abomination please, like honestly what the fuck

dark souls really ruined music

whether or not "something happened lulz" in his life, most artists go down hill after a while. People are looking too far into Burial, imo.

DARK SOULS II
GOT
ME
FUCKED
UP

I personally haven't seen a decline in quality like this since DJ Shadow decided to make music post-Endtroducing.

maybe he lost the thrill of it when his identity was outed

Except he revealed his own identity on myspace back in 2008

did he willfully? i thought it was the result of a dramatic HUNT for his identity by his fans or his friend outing him or something

there was, but he just posted a selfie of him looking out of a window to shut everyone up. he still made good music after this, for a time at least.

>this guy's stuff sounded better when I was younger
>this guy's stuff sounded better when less people were aware of him

>this guys stuff sounded better when it wasn't shit

This guy's stuff sounded good back when he had catchy drums and sub-bass and didn't abuse vinyl crackles as much.

bruh rival dealer is his masterpiece

you just dont like gay artists okay?

i dont understand how someone can love burial but not like rival dealer
its literally what i call artist development

Rival Dealer (the track) is great.

I don't see how anyone can call the other two tracks good.