Emoshit

Talk about your favorite records, both new and old.
Recommend me some stuff. I've heard most 90s midwest stuff, and not super into screamo.
Not really too familiar with this whole revival scene, though.

Other urls found in this thread:

studying.bandcamp.com/track/wait-ill-get-back-to-you-2
youtube.com/watch?v=uwRoBpgAFrk
youtube.com/watch?v=7vOOYfoqG9I
youtube.com/watch?v=0ftJyUvntr8
dreiaffen.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=1yul_nMkvng
youtube.com/watch?v=5D7tTqcm3G8
youtube.com/watch?v=QvtaB-pVeuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=USn2dbh3f3A
youtube.com/watch?v=3ux9j20YDTw
youtube.com/watch?list=PLBAUiJ2asGdnvrKHXH2m9cZfwNtPY0aaF&v=Ze8WMNaRcfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dowsing, twiabp, teen suicide, crywank, and pentimento are good

I like this track a lot.
It's old, but it's stuck with me.

studying.bandcamp.com/track/wait-ill-get-back-to-you-2

I CALLED IN SICK
FROM YOUR FUNERAL

I like midwest pen pals, tiny moving parts (my favorite album by them is pleasant living), and marietta (i really like their record summer death).
(i also like american football, but who doesn't in an emo thread?)

THE PILLS THAT YOU GAVE ME DIDN'T DO ANYTHING

bruh

THE SIGHT OF YOUR BODY MADE ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE

American Football, Algernon Cadwallader, I Hate Myself, Sunny Day Real Estate, Moss Icon...fuck. I miss emo. I need to get my collection started again.

why is moss icon always included with all those soft indie rock bands

I wouldn't call i hate myeself exactly soft

>twiabp
>teen suicide
>crywank
>pentimento

ewwwwwww

Because Moss Icon were part of the first wave of emo. Their tone and feel is more so an influence towards the Screamo genre, however during their time I'm pretty sure they were referred to as emotive hardcore.

Are those mediafire links of emoisdead and screamoisdead still working?

brave little abacus still hasn't been bested in my opinion. two years i've been posting this i think

I JUST SLEPT FOR YEARS ON END
FUCK

Why does emo have so many mediocre albums people worship because of the album covers?

-Good Vibes
-Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit
-God and the Devil are Raging Inside Me

what's this

Who can share some first wave emo bands like Moss Icon or Fugazi? I used to be super heavy into emo but that was years ago. Don't have any on my current PC and need recommendations.

I don't think it's the album covers. You gotta give people a little more credit than that... Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit doesn't even really have a good cover honestly.

It won't be bested because emo is dead anyway.

FYEB is good you nerd.

I said the COVER isn't good.

Read again the post that you quoted, it looked like you were implying that FYEB is mediocre.

I literally said -
>Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit doesn't even really have a good cover honestly.
>doesn't even really have a good cover honestly.
>have a good cover honestly.
>have a good cover
>good cover

I was saying the covers probably don't make a shit on whether people enjoy the album or not, especially not FYEB, considering the cover is literally a shitty stick figure drawing.

Yeah and that was a reply to a post that stated that people worshiped mediocre albums just because of the cover, why is this difficult to you to understand?
You're overdoing this.

"Demo" by breakwater. It's on slsk

What's some pop-punk that follows this album's direction? Energetic, catchy, hits hard enough to not be boring but not enough to venture into -core territory. And most of all no acoustic ballads. Pop Punk/emo acoustic ballads are the bane of the genre.

And yes I know this album is 16 year old girl core, call it a guilty pleasure or something.

fuck what's the point of the abort button anyway

whats with this luck guy who is he a and whys he such an autist

Whatever man, I wasn't saying it's a bad album. That was the entire point of our "discussion".

I think this might be the most underrated screamo album of all time.

Engaging with an anime poster in any serious conversation was your first mistake.

Yellowcard is good

*rips a fat kush dab*

got dam

Wtf I really like this kind of music. Especially teen suicide. I had no idea it was emo. I kinda like it less now. I don't wanna like emo music I don't like emos :(

Holy shit burn.
That album is ok but i don't think that it's particularly underrated compared to other screamo releases :^)

bully nouns

I SAID BRUH

the best.

Ok moss icon is popular now, and I need avant-teen cred. should I listen to embrace or should I actually start searching for new old emo bands. Also the brave little abacus is GOAT

Bring back /emoe/

The drumming is what makes the album for me. What screamo releases would you say are more underrated/of higher quality then?

the only decent emo revival band is empire empire! the rest sounds cringey as fuck

/emoe/ is dead
long live john

Spoke

They've got this social d thing going on but it's like proto emo from the early 90's

Just join the secret club.

I don't see corea, swing kids or eva-01 discussed too often around here, you could try with those.

Also i always shill Portraits of Past when it comes to screamo since their pink album is one of my favorite albums, but i don't think that it is underrated nor unpopular at all.

John died for our sins and resurrected.

fuck dads.
dads are shit

it's amazing that Sup Forums emo threads have the exact same taste as NDE and /r/twinkledaddies

yeah emo is usually shit
emoe was way better

nah emoe has the same boring taste like NDE/reddit twinkle daddies

youtube.com/watch?v=uwRoBpgAFrk

source: you
anyways i remember those threads where the entry level charts (both serious and mock charts) were reposted religiously on some reddit page so it might have to something with your perception.

Foxing - The Albatross

to do***
i need a new phone

nah, both meme shit like foxing, dads, snowing, the hotelier, teen suicide, algernon, and the really obvious midwestern shit like american football, sdre, mineral

I really like American football and I don't like screaming. What should I listen to?

Looks like you never browsed emoe in the first place haha.

OTMOP is one of the most mediocre bands

Braid, Chavez, Promise Ring, Portraits of Past

help me out here if anyone else likes the older stuff please

more than half of those bands got shitted on in every emoe thread, you're just being dumb now

alright then, what are some of your favorite emo/screamo bands.

That is a very serious chart, please respect it.
It lacks nouns and tbs though.

uhhh i like old gway owchid pagenintynine say-shuh

pop unknown, rites of spring, rain, maximillian colby, native nod, penfold, knapsack

youtube.com/watch?v=7vOOYfoqG9I

I've really been digging La Luna's new album, House Party is fucking great. Any recommendations based on that?

eat shit, im not going to spoonfeed you, still it's pretty stupid to say that people in emoe liked pop punk shit like the hotelier or overall shit like teen suicide

I'm not asking you to spoonfeed me, I'm asking you to prove yourself. Post a timestamped picture of your JEROMES DREAM ORCHID 10 INCH SKULL SPLIT or get the fuck out.

Trahs Boat's last album if you dig TSSF

this is correct. there are some good bands but my god did empire empire capture emotions and images. They were such a great band and I miss them already.

why the fuck should i prove myself? You're the one that browses reddit

COULD ANYBODY UP THIS PLEASE?

and yet you're the one who listens to pop punk.

Which is the better Daitro record? Laisser vivre les squelettes or Y?

source: reddit

youtube.com/watch?v=0ftJyUvntr8

you're the type of nigga who got into screamo through touche amore and la dispute

you guys are both silly.

you the type of fool who says pianos become the teeth sounds like 'if sigur ros listened to saetia'

this the type of thread that love orchid but write off yaphet kotto as 'obscure garbage'

yall the type of fools who think the new old gray album is the best 'screamo' in years

post GOAT 2016 screamo
dreiaffen.bandcamp.com/

>heh, nothing personel, but you all kids have shit taste compared to my "obscure" and "esoteric" tastes like combatwoundedveteran, usurp synapse or Tristan Tzara
dumb redditor

>usurp synapse
>combatwoundedveteran
>tristan tzara
>obscure
nice meme

I prefer encyclopedia of american traitors, apoplexy twist orchestra, and cowboys became folk heroes

youtube.com/watch?v=1yul_nMkvng

youtube.com/watch?v=5D7tTqcm3G8

This tbqh.

Brave little abacus will forever be the ITAOTS of the emo genre. I hope they get more recognition so they get back together.

Has anyone tried emailing me in capris? I want to get my BLA poster signed by Adam.

youtube.com/watch?v=QvtaB-pVeuQ
>he doesnt listen to the assistant

youtube.com/watch?v=USn2dbh3f3A

I thought the joke was obvious enough with the quotation marks, ugh.

I sent a message to adam's last.fm page and he responded a couple of months after.

you were implying that I thought those bands were obscure and/or esoteric, try listening to something good.
youtube.com/watch?v=3ux9j20YDTw

do you dig this sort of thing?
youtube.com/watch?list=PLBAUiJ2asGdnvrKHXH2m9cZfwNtPY0aaF&v=Ze8WMNaRcfE

you the type of nigga to pick The Emo Diaries over The Emo Armageddon comp

This will probably always be my favorite Midwest emo album.

Post adam's lastfm pls

bring me the head of brian chamblee

You could try posting something good.

I think it is adamdededoh or something like that, you can find posts from that account on the comments section of tbla page in lastfm

Inside jokes by Midwest pen pals (i prefer the remastered version) and Summer death by Marietta

if I post that one mediocre video of anomie will you like me