Is it wrong to listen to the beatles in stereo?

is it wrong to listen to the beatles in stereo?

abbey road was recorded only in stereo, but for the white album some tracks were done in mono and some in stereo so that album is a tossup. everything before than was preferred in mono

>Beatles finally on Spotify
>almost completely in stereo

It hurts

It depends on an album-by-album basis.

The stereo mixes on the updated 1 album are actually really good,

It's worth listening to both for some albums, like Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, Beatles For Sale and Magical Mystery Tour

Things like this is why I'll never use streaming services.

It really depends on the album

I'd actually say the early albums with the vocals on one side and the instruments on the other are the only ones you need in mono. Stereo mixes of A Hard Day's Night forward actually sound more spacious on a stereo system with floor speakers.

So, it depends on both the album and how you're listening to it.

MMT, Sgt. P etc

What's wrong with Stereo?

What's the listening difference between mono and stereo? I have never given it much discretion.

The most common example would be how She's Leaving Home is higher pitched in mono than stereo, but the song If I Fell has badly double-tracked vocals in the stereo version of the intro, and the mono version only has one. Some minor differences but ultimately the mono version tends to be superior.

That is pretty interesting. I always assumed stereo would automatically be better since there is more to the song.
I now see how that can be an issue.

Stereo has better clarity over the mono but the mixes are usually just bad.

I wish I had a mom

OH SHIT WERE TALKING ABOUT MONO NOT MOM

>tfw your parents are in mono and not stereo

After switching to mono I was blown away on how much better it was. I'd say listen to everything before Abbey Road on mono just to give it a try.

this

Beatles For Sale is the one stereo mix that truly is better than the mono. The mono versions sounds like garbage.

Mono Sgt Pepper, Please Please me, Hard Days and With the Beatles
Stereo: everything else

White can be both tho.

>some tracks were done in mono and some in stereo
which tracks were done in mono and what were in stereo??

I only listen to the stereo mixes. Double the speakers gives the music double the space to occupy.