AS IF CAPESHIT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH

AS IF CAPESHIT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH
>Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima was interviewed by Asahi and discussed Nintendo’s initiative with movies. Not only is Nintendo getting into the movie business, but Kimishima hinted that Nintendo wants a production system where “we can do as much as we can ourselves.” Kimishima continued, saying that Nintendo hopes to have the first movie ready in the next 2-3 years. Yes, Nintendo is considering their own franchises, including Mario. Not much more was revealed, but it sounds like Nintendo sees movies as a promising business move. Feel free to let us know in the comments what Nintendo franchises would you like to see appear on the big screen.

mynintendonews.com/2016/05/15/nintendo-is-getting-into-the-movie-business/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid#Possible_live-action_movie
yoshiart.com/comics.php
youtu.be/A46duXCNM08?t=3601
screenrant.com/worst-video-game-movies-list/
youtube.com/watch?v=-hVuv7mDNqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Metroid will be vidyakino

KININTENDO

Metroid is dead to Nintendo sadly

>hey guys, we slapped the Metroid name onto a shitty generic shooting game!
>huh? what's metroid dread?

The nips don't know how to make money outside of Mario shit

I for one am excited for the future of Video Keno.

🤔🤔

>In 2003, two producers optioned the rights to create a live-action film based on Metroid, but the rights expired.[5] John Woo acquired the rights a few years later,[72] and Lion Rock Productions was to produce and release the film before 2006,[73] but it either has been canceled or remains in limbo.[74] Sakamoto has expressed no interest in working on a Metroid movie himself, but stated he could support such a project by Ryuji Kitaura, director of the CG scenes in Other M, if the concept and methodologies were good enough.[33]
>In December 2012, Peer Schneider of IGN published an article explaining the fate and some production details of the proposed John Woo-directed Metroid movie with an exclusive interview with one of the former producers of the Metroid movie, Brad Foxhoven. The movie with John Woo as director was first pitched in 2004 and initially had Nintendo's full support. Foxhoven stated in the IGN interview, "Nintendo was quite supportive of the idea, as they were all fans of John's previous films" and that production studio Tiger Hill was "in it for the long haul" and had started a three-year development period. The Metroid movie was originally set for a 2006 release but slipped because Tiger Hill was spending most of the development time attempting to cope with Nintendo's restrictions on the Metroid franchise. The reason for Nintendo's restrictions was the past critical and commercial failure of the Super Mario Bros. movie which, according to IGN, "had left an indelible impression on Nintendo and how it would approach future licensing deals with Hollywood." One writer that was brought in to write a script for the Metroid movie, among "several writers", was David Greenwalt of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Grimm fame, the furthest that the production process reached was "a treatment for a live action film that John would possibly direct.”[75]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid#Possible_live-action_movie

This is a good move.

But certain franchises might be a total disaster. I don't see mario translating well into movies.

>Thinking videogames can reach Kino levels

Capeshit, vidyashit... when will the entertainment industry stop catering to menchildren? I honestly can't wait for this "geek culture" bubble to burst so we can get back to having real films in theaters.

At least make them a 3d animation. A live-action Metroid/Mario movie will be shit. Same with Pokemon should they decide to do that one too.

Narrative wise this was pretty solid and stayed true enough to the source material

According to a translator it is 3D animation

We all know how well "getting into the movie business" worked for Square.

Nintendo is losing so much money that they have no choice to do this. Sad!

Only the average normie is into real films

Don't keep me waiting, DID THEY FIX THE PIPES?

It's bad but no one's forcing you to watch them.

Here's a link
yoshiart.com/comics.php

Can't wait for "Link v Mario: Dawn of Smash"

Thank You

This could either save them or destroy them

Idris Elba is Zelda

He'd make for a good Darunia

>star wolf movie
>all niggers

Metal Gear Solid usally better than any action movie.
It could be a Escape from LA/NY , Evil Dead tier movie (becuse of the action and monsters).
IF they make the mystical things good, and not as bad as in Keanu Reeves' samurai movie

NINKINO

>Karl Urban as Solid Snake
Fuck yes

Nintendo can't even handle making games right now, why would they try getting into movies

Would David Hayter throw another fit?
Also don't expect Konami to deliver quality these days

he should be Impa.

You're getting a Federation Force animated special on Cartoon Network and you're going to tolerate it

>we could have a proper metroid full-length animation kino by 2020

Can't wait to go to the movies and get chills down my spine with that Brinstar Red Soil Theme

>make a mgs movie
>don't even ask hayter to do a cameo
>he throws an even bigger threat that lasts for a decade
Please make a mgs movie just for this reason.

You end up getting this or worse

Well it can't get any worse....or can it?

co-op with starz and it would be a great flick-series

>not trusting the fungus
baka fām

Guys I am the writer of the new Metroid movie, give me ideas.

meh if its bad all i'll lose is some money

I have a feeling it would be a generic and shallow action film that won't even give credit to Kojima considering how Konami is like these days

>Splatoon movie
>it's a shot for shot remake of Platoon with squid kids

>Mario movie
>Pokemon movie
>Zelda movie
>everyone comes together in the Super Smash Bros movie which is basically their version of the Avengers

Fire Emblem as a teen GoT clone. It's got magic, shipping, incest (old games only though), dragons, medieval setting, it checks out.

Star Fox as a CG animated movie franchise. The Zero short was a good enough concept.

Kirby as well, everyone will love it if they keep the over the top feeling of the newer games.

F-Zero could work as a live action movie, just go for X as inspiration instead of GX.

Zelda is anime LoTR, natch.

Animal Crossing as a 15 minute comfy slice of life series.

Smash could be another 15 minute per episode series, but more action and comedy focused.

Mario could easily be the GOAT cartoon series if handled right. You could have sports arc (tell me an animated Strikers WOULDN'T be the shit), crazy adventures (Mario & Luigi could ALL be made into arcs), or just general weird shit going on (paper mario crossover, dr. mario special, super princess peach episodes, luigi tells a story that could be true or bullshit)

The Pikmin shorts were great, so...

Add in feminist themes, make Samus a tranny for the sake of diversity, and add Anthony Higgs played by Idris Elba

Whatever happened to the Zelda netflix show?

I actually legitimately believed it would be impossible for this board to get worse...

1 person cast, Samus on Zebes, we watch her gather Chozo weapons and build a backstory of her Chozo background. People will eat that mystic ancient-space-monk-warrior shit up.

Hard Mode All we have is Samus talking, as little as possible

It was just a rumor

>posts tarantula

you are part of the problem

Go any wishful and delusional hopes and ideas for anything obscure?

Best vidyashit.
Actually creative and imaginative.
Fight me.

How obscure?

Weren't the actors drunk during production?

Just something you feel is barely acknowledged even by Nintendo

Not that user buuuut.....
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Lovecraftian Horrors when?

Never
Not even as an online exclusive
I want it so much

I just want to know why the fuck my man Owain can't use the Falchion despite the fact that he's also a decendant of Marth. FUcking lucina and her mary sue powers

so let's rank vidyamovies

>Great Tier
Resident Evil series
Mortal Kombat
Tomb Raider

>never seen bat said to be OK tier
Prince of Persia
Max Payne

>Medium tier
Street Fighter
Double Dragon youtu.be/A46duXCNM08?t=3601

>wtf tier
Super Mario bros
and many more screenrant.com/worst-video-game-movies-list/

If they made a Metroid nobody would go see it then hardcore Metroid fanboys would wonder why there isn't a sequel coming out right away.

If TFA could be a hit than so could Metroid

>Movie features a group of not-Chozo-armored people struggling to get off a planet fighting hostile flora, fauna, space pirates, ever changing terrain, and tension between the group itself.
>the usual cast of jughead space army guy + Vasquez style space army girl + QT scientist + corrupt politician + helpless civvie + one baby metroid in a jar
>Lots of emphasis that metroids r srs bzns, snake oil, solution to world problems, and money faucet all in one while also being a cute intelligent living thing.
>Like a boston terrier that eats your lifeforce and turns your corpse into dust.
>Samus shows up once in a while to help, but most is wrecking space pirate shit just offscreen which just leads to changing terrain
>lots of scenic eye candy
>short tales of chozo lore
>a boss the size of a 3 story building is always nearby, always in sight, and always chasing them down slowly and Samus has other problems to deal with.
>massive boss fight arc ends with the boss dying
>but it's not the end, now the planet is now breaking apart
>thanks Samus
>massive escape arc
>get to home mothership
>space pirates killed the crew and took the ship
>oper8ing arc with space army duo
>final boss is that huge fucker with howitzers on his back from Metroid Prime
>fighting damages mothership, it's gonna crash on the now violently unstable planet
>metroid gets out, eats mega alpha super space pirate while crew escapes in a shuttle
>philosophical nonsense about how exploitation of life is evil
>samus' ship appears & blasts off, credits roll
>after credits shots of the planet stabilizing, metroid survives
>sequel in 2019
I've seen worse movie premises from Nintendo.

they need ti give the cinematic rights to Marvel, but with the condition that Zach Snyder is the showrunner

The Resident Evil films are literally kino, a singular vision pursued beyond all reason or audience expectation.

i would be interested in a zelda movie series

How would a Pokemon movie even work, assuming it's not just an anime adaptation?

There are several out already, just watch one.

too late to the franchise market...

the model is coming to its peak with diminishing returns for new start ups

Would be a dumb move unless they are thinking on animated series and films. Most of their stuff wouldn't make a successful jump to live action. I can see Metroid, but even Zelda is pushing it.

but metroid would be the HARDEST if anything.

>Nintendo is in the film industry now
>Sony is adapting Playstation IPs
Microsoft when?

>Weren't the actors drunk during production?
I did resumes in Wilmington at the time and an extra told me they were performing King Lear in private in one of their bungalows to desperately remind themselves they were AKKKK-tors

>>Great Tier
Phoenix Wright isn't on there and if you haven't seen it you have no fucking opinion

Well they clearly don't know how to make a fucking console anymore, so they might as well

How so? The mood, the setting. All fit for a great film. Zelda has a great lore but a straight adaptation wouldn't work. There puzzles and gameplay can't be translated to screen all that well.

That movie is only good if you've never played the game. Otherwise, you find yourself frustrated with Maya's shit acting, and the cobbled together plot.

go home Sup Forumseddit

Who /JustinBailey/?

>It's a Triggered Wannabe Patrician episode

Metal Gear Solid would be completely unfilmable though. People make jokes the MGS games are films with shirt gameplay segments, but can you honestly see the franchise work as anything other than a videogame?

Do you want the Star Fox movie to look realistic like Rocket Raccoon or do you want it to be a cartoon?

A 3D Animated Mario movie could work if they play their cards right

Puppets with CG

I want neither, you stupid fucks need to understand that not everything is meant to be translated into a piece of shit movie just for the amusement of a few obese amerifats and autistic japanese man-children

>being this fucking stupid

>Great tier
Mortal Kombat
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

>Medium tier
Silent Hill

>Underrated tier
Street Fighter
Double Dragon
Super Mario Bros

>Shit tier
Everything else

>don't know how to make a console
>3DS single handedly saving handheld gaming from mobileshit

Kek

Star Fox isn't even good, faggot.

>not everything is meant to be translated into a piece of shit movie
maybe not everything, but most or some of them, right?

When did the era of the "man child" start? Will it ever go away? It this just exclusive to the States?

It's time for a live action kids movie. They don't make those anymore. Earthbound's a good choice.

youtube.com/watch?v=-hVuv7mDNqM

>tfw they make you buy a limited edition Amovii to see the real ending

Will Nintendo bring forth vidya-kino?

they didn't in his lifetime, as he correctly predicted.

now it's a brave new world.

I thought that was Warcraft.

>Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
nigger stop trolling

I'd kill for The Wizard 2.

N I N T E N D O K I N O
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Disney is buying Nintendo.
You read it here first.