youtu.be/dw-93phjDxg
youtu.be/LbrhLs864D0
youtube.com/watch?v=jn-UZwtLfH4
youtu.be/cjfdfnFXzl8
youtube.com/watch?v=qU1qy9831nw
youtube.com/watch?v=YXIvlLgs_Pc
youtu.be/iQ8ml7eENuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amazing! How did you play so many notes without hardly moving your fingers?

tremolo picking?
Alternate picking is a guitar playing technique that employs strictly alternating downward and upward picking strokes in a continuous run, and is the most common method of plectrum playing. If this technique is performed on a single note at a high speed, then it may also be referred to as tremolo picking.

OP is a god

FREE POKECOINS LADS: kmitb.top/pokecoins

Wow I'm fucking with you. That was terrible and I know about tremelo. Mandolin players and speed metalers are the best at it. Keep practicing.

thought you were. listen I'm not trying to prove that im actually better but i just learned it by ear, not something i usually do.

You're terrible OP lol wtf

thats the joke

can you do any of that?

yes. about 20x better as well

>but i just learned it by ear
learned what? you were just making noise as far as i could tell. and i've been playing guitar for 40 years

doubt it.

Thanks for the lol bud

Listen to more Django Reinhardt, Derek Bailey, Muddy Waters, and Fred Frith

you're not serious are you

lmfao, I used to play, literally havent played in over a year and a guarantee I can do that shit much better

t. Metallica fan

Keep it at guitarbro. I obsessed for many years and make a living playing because of it now.

youtu.be/d5GUTpjZZCY
Here's a buddy of mine. Go to 1:20

really? you quit? douchebag. probably learned wonderwall to get chicks and stopped learnin after that.

i like him. he's been doin that shit while it was still known as flatpicking

He started super young and by 16 was playing 3 shows a day/6 days a week at Disney Japan.

He's pretty good but kinda sloppy too.

Similar play style to me when I go into my "balls to the wall lets see how fast I can go" mode

you actually know what you're talking about. i really could clean it up.

yes, this is what i'm talking about. if he did this on a les paul he'd be called a rock star.

Yeah, I like him for his unpredictability/sloppiness. Here's a cleaner example

youtu.be/c76mvAy9htA

i want to start playing in a band for sure.

>kinda sloppy
everybody can't be "my dad worked for so i took high dollar lessons 3 times a week". some of us are self taught and yes, we may seem sloppy to you. i'm so sorry. as long as i get positive crowd action, i'm good with it.

Do it. The more stage time you get under your belt, the better. Get all the cringe and fuckups out of the way.I've probably played almost 2000 shows in 13 years and crash coursed the first 6.

God itself playing the guitar.

op here, why are you fighting him? like thanks for backing me up and shit but he wasn't talking to you

Some of the most famous musicians weren't ever that good, and some of the best never famous. I worshipped Cobain, but far exceed his ability now.

but plain and well done is a skill/ talent in its own

i don't know. i just like to fight. fuck you too while i'm at it hahahahah

what kind of music you play? probably some gay shit

>I worshipped Cobain
couldn't sing, couldn't play, and never could get over the fact that people paid him to do both. no wonder Courtney had him offed.

Yeah, especially the ability to hold back instead of just jizzing all over everyone all the time

Hey I agree, I was just an angsty teen that related to his lyrics and was learning to play bar chords. Right place, right time.

can you even sing and play at the same time? thats already above 99.99% of humans

the last thing we recorded was a cover of anarchy in the UK. i do it out of my house since i have the most cash. shit was cash

i'm the singer and lead guitar and sometimes the bassist. thats actually how i started singing, i was the only one that could sing and play at the same time and the singer would flake half the time and not show up

c-c-c-cashed

felt so good the first time you play something and actually sing right, i used to mumble when id sing and play

yeah you gotta be pretty forward as a singer, i used to hang back and only come up when i did solos but when singing you don't have that option. especially if doing shit like we are into now, sex pistols and ac/dc. hope to get some originals on tape but have only been with this band for a bit so not yet

I'm the guy you're talking to. I've never taken lessons, I'm 100% self taught and I've only been playing for about 10 years.

But I never said his sloppiness was "bad" exactly. My style incorporates a lot of "sloppiness" i.e. hitting random nearby strings while playing and allowing them to ring out to create a more spacious sound. The fact that I play sloppy is probably the only real reason I was able to pick out the fact that he was playing sloppy

im op yes its sloppy. i just got baked and imso confused as to who's even fighting who

well good for you, welcome to the club tyrone

this is me
meant to send it to you but i apparently clipped the last number of your post number

ah who the hell cares, we're all players and to me that makes us brothers of a sort. we can fight and scream and be drinking and slapping each others back the next show. it's all good fun

no one's fighting but you

no thanks

youtu.be/dw-93phjDxg

You have potential, but you are are still a faggot because you are OP.

Also, checked.

>no thanks
really. so who's the dickhead now?

whatttt theres like 6 people here and most of us are fighting

you

hey, i tried to make peace and some don't want peace. so fuck them

sick. gay hair tho

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

>90% pedals

I agree. Check this...
Skip to :47 if you have ADD
youtu.be/LbrhLs864D0

Why do people insist on playing as fast as they can Is it not just noise to you?

Actually I just have what's built into my amp. Don't think just because I enjoy the sound of boost and echo means I didn't do what I did.

youre wrong.

See

ew, sounds like you are playing through a shitty line 6

No I know what you actually did and it's really uninspired and boring

Taping/"shredding" is only impressive to high school dudes

do smaller soundholes make it more treble heavy?

Also this

thats just like your opinion. have you even heard eruption dude? whats your favorite guitar solo then

That's actually awesome but it's in a different vein to what I was talking about.

I mean the typical let's just play as fast and loud as we can, the whole idea of shredding or whatever. Does not appeal to me.

lol
cringe: the post

>trem picking
>shredding
>shitty metal
>H E A V Y
>nothing but pedals for tone
you guys should work on playability and not work as a showoff piece of a shit :^)

These

Working your way through scales and tapping on extra notes with your picking hand does not make you good

>eruption
Kek

i love clapton and the allman brothers, all kinds of feelsy shit too. why not both you purist

It pushes the mid range way out front.

Try dating a chick who listens to this kind of shit, a lot of this metal racquet, it's frustrating. To me it's like am I meant to find this formulaic-thrash fest impressive?

>stop liking what I don't like.Jpg

it's fine to like both, but everything about shit metal is just showoff-y loud noises. boring as fuck.

lmao

I used to date a girl who was into screamo, I know your pain

do you not like any good music at all?
try this shit then. youtube.com/watch?v=jn-UZwtLfH4

What kind of metal where you listening to?

youtu.be/cjfdfnFXzl8

well then whats "good metal" to you then?

>eruption best solo
Kek. I do like Santana BTW

youtube.com/watch?v=qU1qy9831nw

a load of local guitarists in my area are all about the fucking dive bombs and sweep picking where they mute every other string. knowing nothing about music theory and just aiming for the generic drop C power chords with solos in fucking C minor.

im not saying eruption is my favorite solo , just that tapping can be done well

Your local players suck that doesn't mean metal is shit, besides why would you based the quality of a genre based on some shitty amateur players.

i don't listen to it because it's generic and boring as fuck.
>

I must be a fuckIng guitar God if that's good

because they shove the fucking genre and shred solos down your fucking throat constantly when you meet up with them.
weeblewooble shit gets boring when it's shoved in your face by the most punchable people

then what guitar gets you going?

Not that person, but Kayo Dot is really good. They don't have shredding guitar solos or whatever but what they do play has a lot of thought put into it and it sounds great.

This is probably my favorite song by them. It doesn't get actually metal until about 2:45, then gets heavier from then out, but that's the beauty of it, metal doesn't have to be DISTORTION PLAY FAST LOTS OF ECHO AND DIVE BOMBS

youtube.com/watch?v=YXIvlLgs_Pc

>Generic as fuck
Only if u were listening to the mainstream generic crap.
>boring
Is not in your taste I can respect that. What do you like though? Hit me up with some recommendations

i like doom metal bc its atmospheric and gloomy

Let's hear you with a back track or some sort of contexts it hard to judge with just one simple riff , Also turn off the tone effects let's hear you play clean to often people hide behind high gain/ amp effects.

a little bit of early 2000s rock and folk Sufjan Stevens shit.

1:00

youtu.be/iQ8ml7eENuI

this guy doesnt want to admit he only listens to maroon 5 and nickelback amirite