>European cities
>live in the past
>brick shit

>arab cities
>BIG
>TALL
>BUILDINGS

Other urls found in this thread:

thequranfoundation.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/sign-of-lat-hour-tall-buildings-in-arab-world-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>You will live long enough to see Dubai get reclaimed by the desert

The past can be pretty

Russia is European.

>TINY
>ARABIC
>MEN

Dubai will be a cool ass ghost city once the oil has dried up and the guest workers have left.

>moscow
>Russia
Churka, please.

dubai will be reclaimed by the desert, and the tall towers will stand as monuments to the guest workers who died building them.

gulfers die, God laughs.

You guys are idiots. Dubai barely has any oil to begin with. Their foreign revenue mostly comes for being a trade- and financial centre. They have managed to become an important global city on the back of an oil-industry that now is less than a fifth of their exports.

>8 lanes road

No, actually, most of their money comes from syndicated loans from foreign, large international banks who collaterize with oil assets and projected cash flows from the oil sheiks in and about OPEC who are building a city from nothing as a personal legacy project.

And they're not an important global city, they're somewhere below Toronto and above Wollongong.

>russia

>can see smokestakes that appear to still be in use

0/10

Dutch companies are actually building those Dubai Islands.

wtf i love russia now

Its like 3 or 4 arab cities actually doing that.

Trump likes Dubai so much he wants to build a tower there. I don't think he would ever consider such a thing in ancient and cultured cities like Beirut and Damascus.

The taste of gulf arabs matches that of Donald Trump.

Look up the history of Nauru to see the future of oil countries.

average arab neighbourhood

We are making a bigger one btw

Trump has good taste though.

>And they're not an important global city, they're somewhere below Toronto and above Wollongong
How delusional one must be to assert this?

The skyscrapers there are literally all designed by Europeans and Americans.

>be American
>pay over 1 million over the course of 30 years for a stick house in suburb

>look at how rich i am to prove it i will make everything painted with cheap gold-colored paint
>good taste

It looks like there's glitter on his name ffs

skyscrapers built after ~1960 are lame as fuck.

skyscrapers are no longer cool or a status of power or culture anymore. it's just some shot little brown/yellow man trying to tell the world that he's not a dumb nigger and he can build things too. it's pathetic and lame.

they're also impractical in most situations. i'd rather have a bunch of small/medium high buildings densely together than a handful of tall MUH DIK poverty towers.

also, glass buildings are almost ALWAYS ugly whereas brick buildings are almost ALWAYS attractive.

Why did you make this thread? Who cares?
Why can't you just live your life where you are and enjoy the place you live in.
Why do you need to make threads on Sup Forums about it? City living is terrible anyway.

Don't make fun of stick houses or we will fucking annex you

Americans only us 4 inch walls though, we use 8 inches (required)

> it's another block the sun thread

Just fuck off.

t. assblasted iraqi vet cuk

So, you prefer Baghdad over Hong Kong?

Your country was ran from that city just over 30 years ago.

Practically a third word shithole

I'd prefer Baghdad 1000 times if they maintained the comfy arabic architecture (we're talking about architecture and landscapes, otherwise of course I'd rather stay in Hong Kong).

Looks like a cretin founded project to demarcate an lovely sorround with the tall concrete block with it's name written in yellow on top.

And there must be people who would literally even pay to inhabit those lower floors supporting the Pyramid's king over their heads.

tee rah rah rasheed

The guy is tacky as fuck. Only poor people gold coat everything.

It's A E S T H E T I C you dumb niggers!

That looks fucking tacky whether you support him or not.

>we will fucking annex you

can someone translate?

I don't think that building is ugly, gold and white look good together. His penthouse looks fucking stupid tho

R8 comfy

>you were born too early to inhabit the penthouse you were awarded for taking part in the great muslim removal.

hold me

the putinboo is telling you that the city you are "mocking" was the city that ruled the soviet union and thus your country.

iraq doesn't even have sky scrapers

Nah pretty sure Dubai gets most of its revenue from tourism and finances. lol

It's always funny when people think they know what they're talking about just cause they throw in the words "oil sheikh".

This post is dumb because European cities are a lot older than Dubai. Much older.
Of course they're not going to have many tall buildings because their cities stay true to the layout in which they formed. There's barely any room to build anything super big there. Plus, the governments have very tight regulations on building tall anyway. It's their own aesthetic and it's perfectly fine.

>that tiny collection of skyscrapers in the middle of commie wasteland
Russia-kun so modern

>It's their own aesthetic and it's perfectly fine
No, it's fucking shit. Why would you claim otherwise? You're an arab living in the US, you have no reason to be in denial.

You don't think European cities look nice?

Not exactly, the streets tend to be a clusterfuck you get lost in for example. I think cities should exist for the benefit of it's inhabitants and not for American tourists with a hardon for old buildings.

>When you see naked barefoot ones becoming the leaders of men, that is one of its signs. When the shepherds of lambs compete in constructing tall buildings that is one of its signs.

thequranfoundation.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/sign-of-lat-hour-tall-buildings-in-arab-world-2/

The end is night!

>revenue

I'm not denying it gets much of its revenue nowadays from that, but the various megaprojects (world's biggest X/Y/Z) were all funded by foreign banks at an extremely high leverage ratio, not revenue.

It's a city built from foreign capital, using foreign Architects, and by foreign workers.

It lacks all passion, vision, and any sense of individuality or reflection of the local culture. It's the epitome of an obsession with big, large things even at the cost of cultural delegitimacy.

I really love big, sprawling cities, but they need to have character. Any kind of character. Hong Kong is a hive of cheap skyscrapers, but that speaks to its nature. New York City has its own skyline of triumphant american towers filled with taxis and irrepentant consumerism. Tokyo is a sprawling megalopolis with quirky buildings and neon lights which again speaks to its character.

Dubai lacks that. World's biggest shopping mall. World's tallest building. World's biggest indoor ski hill. Pathetic.