Tomorrow comes today

Tomorrow comes today.

But because of that it is arbitrary. If it weren't then everybody would agree upon it and there would only be a single language.

Hey again buddy

Snuggles, that's two in a row you let me make. Why you gotta be so cruel?

hey hey
Im busy with a huge project so forgive me for not being here much
so I can bump, silly

But I'm no good at making threads.

Maybe. What it looks like to me is an argument about the arbitrariness of language.

that gorillaz song is lame.

Arbitrary does not mean different. It means that it is based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system. Something can start out as arbitrary and then change to become a system, such as language.

And I'm out of all my David Bynre in a big suit images.

Far out.

Yes, and all words were assigned meaning on a whim. No word has any logic behind why it is that word. Tree is only tree because we agreed that tree means tree, it could very well be changed to the word hark, and it wouldn't be any less correct. Something can start out as arbitrary and then stay arbitrary and be part of a system.

That image is me on every level except over eating.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE THREADS WITHOUT DAVID BYRNE IN A BID SUIT IMAGES?!?

Then do it, don't waste time here.

You are a constant disappointment to me.

Isn't it marvelous?

The fact that we grabbed these words and made them into a system makes them no longer arbitrary. We have agreed upon a meaning and an organization of these meanings to create language. Once it becomes words are organized into a language the collection of these words is no longer arbitrary.

it's what i do best

agreed (not same person)

But that's wrong. The fact that we assigned that particular noise to that particular idea means that it's arbitrary. There is no logic or reasoning behind it. The collection of words is entirely arbitrary because words are arbitrary.

It's a fool thread! Fool threads are best threads you know?

Please tell me something to be able to find you guys on here again. This is intriguing as fuck. Doesn't happen much on Sup Forums anymore.

You need a better skill set. You can't financially support me with just that ability.

existence is relative.
everything is subjective.
create your own meaning.

says who? i'm perfectly qualified for this position.

That's literally chemical depression. Go to a doctor and go back to being a normalfag.

Are those collection of sounds arbitrary to the person who created those words and meanings? I think that is unlikely. They used their experiences to decide on what certain things mean. Therefor they had their own internal, personal, system of deciding these things.

Relative to what?

to the person existing.

But that's ABUSRD!

Yes, they are arbitrary to that person just like they are arbitrary to that language system that is arbitrarily used by whatever group uses it.

precisely m8

Yeah that's why the sciences don't actually exist.

You are qualified for it but it doesn't make us any money. You need to change jobs and for that you need new skills.

This is loads of fun by the way.

How do I know I'm real?

But isn't that bad and wrong?

I'm glad you're having fun. I am too.

Cogito ergo sum, ASSHOLE!

How is something arbitrary when something is learned and formed by someones surroundings and experiences in such?

how do you submit a thread for archive now?

Because the way that we assign meaning is entirely arbitrary and beyond our control.

>But isn't that bad and wrong?
bad and wrong are human concepts and not real.

doesnt matter. you are experiencing something either way.

But that's also bad and wrong. Bad wrong. Badong. That is badong.

But how is something beyond our control if we are the ones assigning meaning to it?

im not sure im understanding you.

Glad we're both enjoying ourselves and this... debate? Are you an Aussie?

I am just in between hard ons for sexy fur fellows

Does a tree think? No, well at least probably not. But its real. Life without thought. Who says that im actually experiencing anything real though. You could be the main character, and im just part of the coma.

I was told there would be some spider ERP going on

Absurdism is badong.

Because it is our subconscious assigning meaning. We have no control over our subconscious mind.

Yea nah m8, I'm an American.

Yes, on a very rudimentary level it thinks. Also, the fact that you're questioning your existence is proof of it. You can't doubt doubt, comrade.

*lays down webbing seductively*

They have proved that trees "sleep" though.

Question my existence is a quality of sentience not existence.

Also American, Just figured you might have been Australian given the time.

Sentience equals existence.

I work nights so I'm up around this time usually.

Fuck. SNUGGLES I'M FEELING MANIC AGAIN!

But your subconscious could be based on what you've experienced and know to be true based on experience. Just things you don't actively think about. That's a whole new can of worms.

If you can't close shit YOU ARE SHIT! HIT THE BRICKS PAL AND BEAT IT BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING OUT!

It is entirely based upon not what you experience, but how you experience it.

Same. I'm east coast. you?

Texas.

But how you experience something will change how you view things and then influence how you interpret and do things in the future, such as creating words and language.

Just because something can exhibit signs of sentience doesn't mean it exist.

you wont take my advice so

instead describe the mania in funny anecdotes

I lived in San Antonio for a little over two months. Had its good and bad points. I guess it's better than it used to be from what others have said.

what is today but yesterday's tomorrow

(different person) how so?

mind=clown

blown*

ABC

A Always
B Be
C Closing

ALWAYS
BE
CLOSING

ALWAYS
BE
CLOSING

ALWAYS.
BE.
CLOSING.

AIDA

A Attention
I Interest
D Decision
A Action

Attention, do I have your attention?

Interest, are you interested? I know you are because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks.

Decision, have you made your decision for Christ?!?

Yes, it's a vicious circle.

If it is sentient it exists, by its very nature it has to exist to have sentience.

I'm sitting here bouncing in my chair like a spaz not knowing what is going on. MY PAINTING IS STILL TOO DARK!

I live near San Antonio.

Only put off to tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.

tnats unnecessarily long

> "mind=clown"

shut up

a fun circle that has entertained me for quite a while.

You just told me shut up twice within seconds. Have I troubled you?

Well it's good to be entertained And that's what I'm good at, entertainment.

Ya
It's your fault i can't sleep

Have you ever tried to convince someone in a dream that they were part of your dream? The results are daunting
Ghost dont exist in our dimension so they arent real. But they are sentient creatures with their own agendas right?

Not a fan of Glenngarry Glen Ross?

Ghosts don't exist in any dimension.

I know I'm handsome and intelligent but please, try to not let me occupy your mind too much.

I have never done that in a dream, nor do I have any desire to.

>I'm handsome and intelligent
I bet you didn't even graduate from the Handsome Boy Modelling School.

You nor anyone have proof on either side of the argument so Ill agree to disagree. Then don't.

Have you seen a ghost?

I know it's hard but you must try. Have some pie and tea with me before I leave for work.

what kinda pie?

Yes. A couple times actually. But they weren't stereotypical glowing people. More like balls of energy with the outline of a person. Have you experienced anything paranormal?

Summer fruits. It's a bit tart but that should suit you down to the ground.

I like sour things and people
should be a treat

My mind is broken, you see? I have suffered a TBI in my infancy. One of the fun results of this is the constant projection of phantasms.

lick my sour feet