I can't stop watching Clock Work Oranange

Why?

because you're a fucking pleb

>MUH PATRICIAN TASTE

fuck outta here and watch your orsan welles you autistic fucktard

Because you are 15 and you think it's the pinnacle of cinematic art
But you've been raised on capeshit so it's not really your fault.

You have fedora-osis. If you stop browsing reddit, you may begin to get a handle on your condition.

You people are insufferable

It's a great movie. Read the book if you haven't.

lol ok

I am the fedora mon when this is my first time here ok mate

Because you're still in high school

not an argument

Counter-counter culture was a mistake

Because you like it? Duh

You deserve all the mean replies for making such a shitty thread

I dont get it.

Is it considered edgy to like this movie? Im barely into movies at all and really liked this one is all

Toggle repeat.

/r/movies was a mistake

It's aesthetically beautiful and kind of hypnotic.
Besides, Malcolm McDowell delivered the best performance in any Kubrick movie, even better than Nicholson's in The Shining.

Agreed, I really love the feeling the movie leaves me with too and the soundtrack is amazing

because it's a good movie

you should watch the rest of Kubrick's films

Already on it

because you're an underage faggot that needs to fuck off.

Youre an edgelord

underage b&

what did he mean by this?

can sombody please explain why this movie is edgy and/or immature?

>OP discovers and appreciates a film from 1972
>some faggot implies he only likes it because he was raised on capeshit
>capeshit is from decades later

I don't understand this logic. Are you slightly retarded?

Morons think people like it be "edgy" over the fact that it's a good movie, plus it's popular so people here will hate it for that alone.

it's something someone who hasn't seen many movies and/or has an undeveloped view of the world would be impressed by

>good movie

What did he mean when op said this?

I don't know, this movie didn't impact me much at all emotionally, but i remember it made me feel physically sick the first time i watched it.

Am i a pleb?

Because youre a sociopath who needs mental help

OP is also from decades later?

Ah I see thanks

I haven't seen many movies that is true, the "underdeveloped view of the world" is pretty stupid and meaningless

So what's the excuse for all of those whom gave it good reviews or just merely appreciated it when it was released?

God that movie was shit. How can you stand it?

>the "underdeveloped view of the world" is pretty stupid and meaningless

Not unlike your post/thread.

this the type of nigga that will look you in the face and tell you that Andy Warhol's Empire is more thought-provoking and deeper than this movie

Im not a fan of most superhero movies if thats what you're talking about

Depends, how many times did you listen to Trout Mask Replica

True

I haven't seen it, but probably

Its like youre not even trying yo hide it.

most people probably saw this movie when they were kids and thought it was the greatest thing ever back then

>this thread

I tried to get into it but i don't see the appeal of that album whatsoever

>letting your kids watch sex and rape scenes

And thinking or liking something as a child doesn't automatically invalidate anything

But ACO is just the type of movie fedora tippers would love, isn't it?

This meme has lost all meaning for me.

Ah, I see. So they're cringing at how pretentious they were so they see people liking this film and all the memories come back.

DW, you "grew up" ;)

Ahhh, then you are truly not one of the enlightened ones.

You have to develop your sense of the world and perhaps one day will reach my level.

>letting
teens get away with shit like that all the time you faggot.

it's not

they say that because the protagonist (which is the character one should root for) is violent and has the "lol fuck everything in this world" juvenile attitude

but if you think this movie is edgy and immature, then you don't understand it, because the movie is about exactly that (in the book it was more obvious though), teenage violence, which is stupid and has no fundament, kids just wanna fuck shit up and it's wrong, but we should let people have free will, we can't fix things just by repressing them

the ending in the book shows Alex, already an adult, with another gang of droogs and he's like "fuck, this is retarded" and he doesn't get "cured", he just grows up and forgets about all that violent shit

Yes, reddit.

It's no coincidence that all of those saying this film is shallow, edgy, or just plain bad can't further elaborate. Why put on such a facade on an anonymous imageboard? I will never understand.

the film is literally a celebration of Alex's violence and rape, etc and revels in his behaviour and wants the audience to do so, too

>it's not
It's edgy for the sake of being edgy. The book is better though but that doesn't change the fact that it's Kubrick's worst movie.

nice projecting cuck

This and Lolita are both novels that use language to great effect, which doesn't translate to the filmed versions. Why Kubrick decided it would be a good idea to make films out of them, who knows?

>teen
>kid

You are wats wrong with the world

That makes sense, thank you

>"its a celebration of..."

It just depicts it. If you want to say that it promotes or celebrates the violence you have to make that case

How is it edgy for the sake of being edgy? Not an argument

This

Maybe he wanted to use visuals as a replacement for the language?

Really the only violence that is "celebrated" in the film, and I mean by the film and not just by the gang themselves, is the gang fight. The home invasion rape is disturbing and uncomfortable. The invasion of the health clinic is silly until he actual murders the woman and panics. Then all violence for the rest of the movie is AGAINST Alex.

>It just depicts it. If you want to say that it promotes or celebrates the violence you have to make that case

alex is the main character and the audience identification figure. We feel his pain when he goes through the conditioning and are happy when he is 'cured all right' and we see everyone applauding his sexual escapades. the people clapping are literally and figuratively the audience

somehow appreciating a movie by one of the most critically successful directors ever makes you an "edgy pleb"

I think its much more a celebration of free-will and choice (regardless of the costs) than a celebration of the actual violence

When Alex was free to do his evil deeds it was somehow "better" than when he was forced to be good.

>You are wats wrong with the world
but teens and kids are both underage and enjoy edgy garbage like the clockwork orange.

you studied screenwriting, right?

>I think its much more a celebration of free-will and choice (regardless of the costs) than a celebration of the actual violence

Crafty Jew Kubrick can say that's what it's about but he knows what gets the assess in seats

>[We] are happy when he is 'cured all right' and we see everyone applauding his sexual escapades. the people clapping are literally and figuratively the audience

so everyone reacts in the exact same way? you're a fucking moron, do you think I was fist-pumping and hooting and hollering during the scenes of violence and rape? no because i'm not a sociopath, i was experiencing painful reminders of what humans are capable of.

lol spot on

Saved.

>implying adults dont enjoy edgy garbage
>implying there isnt a huge difference between a 5 year old and a 16 year old
>implying "underage" isn't a completely made up term

Your father Armond White hates edgy plebs like you. Behave kiddo.

>we see everyone applauding his sexual escapades.
are you stupid or something? hes not really fucking a girl right then

Oh I see, you must be very mature.

What films do you prefer, sir? Chinatown?

how old were you when you out grew Kubrick zenpies?

me? I was 14.

whatever. you know what I mean

Babby's first edge. Fuck off back to plebbit.

There is no way to win.

If you like obscure stuff you are a fedora tipping hipster

If you like popular stuff your immature

Might as well just start watching Michael Bay I guess

And what is this meme?

>"haha i dont like you, you must be from Reddit XD!"

KYS
Y
S

12. Get on my level. Now.

>>I think its much more a celebration of free-will and choice (regardless of the costs) than a celebration of the actual violence
>Crafty Jew Kubrick can say that's what it's about but he knows what gets the assess in seats

Samefagging my own post here, but I just realized that this describes the essence of Kubrick's middlebrow sensibility. Having your feet in both the pandering/lowbrow camp with the violence and sex and the highbrow with the 'free-will/conditioning' argument. Add both to your movie, serve it up and the middlebrow audience goes wild.

congratulations, you just realized that other people's opinions are just shit and memes and you should not be embarrassed of what you like

>Michael Bay

The Rock is better than the clockwork orange you pleb faggot.

hola pleberino

fug, patrician spotted

the way to win is to keep an extremely smug face while reading and replying to posts.

Never happened. My father showed me 2001 when I was 9 years old and I walked out halfway through because I couldn't stand the shit pacing and excruciatingly obvious visual metaphors.

Done

Pretty sure he's a wrestler

Dont pretty much all artists who want to be good and financially successful do this?

thx

You fancy a bit of the old ultra-violence?

And a bit of the old in-out in-out

>Dont pretty much all artists who want to be good and financially successful do this?

I should have added a the end that the middlebrow public declares him a genius. It's more a criticism of the pleb audience than the filmmaker.

Who would you consider to be genius film makers?

ITT: Plebs trying to label the patricians who correctly labeled them as plebs as plebs

None. I don't think genius is expressed through filmmaking.

because you are an edgy teenager

lol

Anyways, you could say a filmmaker is 'talented' or 'has an aesthetic I enjoy,' but I would hesitate to call any of them a genius. That is reserved for philosophers and religious figures, etc.

Religious figures? Lol

Anything that is original or significantly creative could be considered genius I think. And also anything that greatly influences or improves mankind.

I think there are many artists or artistic movements that have dont all the above.

Im not sure why a religious figure could be considered genius but not an artist

Kierkegaard is a meme

>Anything that is original or significantly creative could be considered genius I think. And also anything that greatly influences or improves mankind.

Some philosophers and people like Jesus have significantly influenced mankind. People like this have a concentrated form of genius, genius meaning an understanding of reality. You could say artists have a lesser understanding of reality/genius than the philosophers/religion founders. Artists can get you to see the world in a different way, which is valid and useful. Of filmmakers who I think have made aesthetically original art, there are many, such as Welles, Ford, Hawks, Brakhage, etc.

I would definitely agree with that.

I had a nice time chatting with you thank you for your contribution no homo

Genius isn't an 'understanding of reality'. Genius is inspiration.

Why do they wear codpieces?