What albums have shitty mixing/mastering?

Also, what makes an album have shitty mastering?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=stxsvVZdxTo
youtube.com/watch?v=HoNuqN9zosU
youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what makes an album have shitty mastering?

When the band/artist gets enough of an ego that they decide to "produce their own album" this time.

observe

youtube.com/watch?v=stxsvVZdxTo

vs any of prince's later work.

if an album is badly mastered, then the sound levels of individual tracks are inconsistent, creating a jarring listening experience

Thanks doc

The classic Stooges albums always had crap production which is why as soon as he got the chance, Iggy brickwalled the hell out of them.

This one's very lo-fi, sounds like it was recorded in someone's basement or something

One that comes to mind is set your goals' mutiny sounds like fucking demos

I hate that you can't hear the drums and the vocals in Rush's albums

Oops, forgot pic

David Bowie's fault mostly.

Bowie only produced Raw Power, but he did make it sound way too tinny and low-fi.

still god-tier though

Chance the Rapper 3

Looks like I'll never make that 4.9 album!

Most metal albums are mixed horribly.

I like Prince but what the fuck. Those snares hurt my ears. Ironically his snares are one of my favorite things about his music lol

One of a few poorly produced albums that can break through and still be enjoyable

So all mastering is is turning the volume up and down cool

I cant tell if you're being serious

youtube.com/watch?v=HoNuqN9zosU

Most non Jazz/Classical releases and "remasters" from about 2000 on.

Music mastered in the modern era is nearly unlistenable on a good playback system.

>Also, what makes an album have shitty mastering

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ

^^Common thing today. Percussion and bass (although bass in hip-hop is overemphasized) are squashed in favor of emphasizing vocals and the treble range, since those are the frequency ranges shitty ear buds and laptop speakers can best reproduce.