So the mother was the cause of all the shit right?

So the mother was the cause of all the shit right?

The father, and the son both lied because they were terrified of her.

And she was also a liar to her husband.

The only one who never lied was Thomasin.

The two little freak kids also lied multiple times on their own accord to fool the mother.

Also why is the mod deleting most threads about this film?

Fuck off mod, Jesus Christ.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OQr1k_71uw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why did Thomasin sign the book and give in to Black Phillip?

And can someone explain why the family left the plantation?

I could barely understand the English spoken in the movie. Especially with the accent and voice of the father.

Almost all of her actions from the beginning of the movie seem to subconsciously give into Phillip.

She basically offered a baby for sacrifice, allowed the kid to go off into the woods instead of stopping him, kills the mother

Because her whole family was dead or gone, one of them killed by her, and if she went into town she would be seen as a witch regardless

She is sort of rebelling against the false religiousness of her family because it put her in that position.

Also she wants to live deliciously

This movie was a masterpiece of a horror movie.

Only thing I can point out is that it was a little easy to predict that the black goat was more than you saw. Might be the point of a build-up or whatever, but I didn't really mind that. Fuck I really loved this movie.

I didn't see it coming at all.

Maybe it's because I grew up on a farm and got used to goats just being weird as fuck in their natural state.

Yeah, every single scene with him was just unsettling as fuck.

>that Thomasin

ikr

The boy and girl were twins right? Classic.

Same. Couldn't even finish it on my tv for the fact I couldn't use subtitles. Gonna stream it later on with some sub's though.

I managed to finish it but had to keep a laser focus on the audio and was practically lip reading by the end.

The voice audio in the film isn't the greatest to begin with which makes things worse.

She didn't have a choice. The story isn't set in the present where she can go and get social security.

Without food, water, weaponry and shelter, she's dead. Absolutely no chance of survival and they were starving before what happened.

I think it had something to do with old puritan laws about leaving your people. He broke some sort of communal rule.

>english-speaking movie
>needing subs

Just fucking kill yourself.

I watch subs in movies all the time, you understand it much more when you're reading at the same time as listening, you get a whole lot more out of it.

You have to remember the puritans are one of the most extreme examples of theocracy in history. The father basically got up and said his views on religion and argued with the church leadership, which is essentially treason in this society.

But, because their all 'good christians' the leaders couldn't come out and outright kill/persecute him on the grounds that he believed he was right about his interpretation of the bible. So instead held a hearing and the father basically said 'fine, I'm right, fuck you'.

This is also why he basically gives up against phillip; he has accepted that he was wrong and proud and waits God's judgement vis a vis the goat's horns.

She wanted some butter to keep on making that ass fat

>understand it more

Subs aren't always accurate though.

"prideful conceit" is the only clue they give. presumably he thought he was holier than everyone else and wasn't afraid to show it.

>act like a cunt
>God has your entire family killed by Satan and his evil witch

What are you going to do cry about it?
It's called "the straight and narrow" for a reason punk.

GOAT movie
Great atmosphere and amazing music

Ya jokin?

I knew the moment I heard the twins sing their song about him and his playing. There was really only one person he would end up 'wed' with and that was Thomasin. I just didn't expect him to be the actual devil.

Also, the implication is that Thomasin was fucked by the goat right? Or is that just me?

> implication is that Thomasin was fucked by the goat right?

What implication? She signs the book and walks to the bonfire.

In the script, she rides him naked.

So in that scene where she talks to him, she's still speaking to the goat even though he's off screen?

And when he puts his hand on her, was that just a black shadowy hand or his hoof or what

Fuck, the music kept me on the edge of my seat during the whole thing. It's really top-tier and amazing at creating tension and building atmosphere.

It's the devil, man, you aren't to take it all literally

Because she's a protofeminist.

Well, true, but I'm wondering how others interpreted if

I wouldn't doubt she had sex with the goat in the slightest. It's all about robbing her of her purity and debasing her.

It not if

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Seems to be the most plausible reason

She's being tailored by the witch the entire movie.

By the witch or Satan?

The witch only seems to make a few appearances

this
without the constant eerie music, this movie would be utter garbage and we all know it

were you all aware that during the book signing scene you can see the goat's feet turn into a human's boot and can see the devil's human face in the darkness? I totally missed that the first time

youtube.com/watch?v=3OQr1k_71uw

Maybe we'd be more aware of it if it wasn't shot on a potato.

how is this movie's title pronounced?

I could definitely see the boot.

What do you think the significance of it being a cowboy boot (it had spurs, which I assume weren't around until later) means?

r8 my meme

spurs were definitely around at the time, wiki says they have been used for thousands of years

to me, I think the film was suggesting that he had really fancy/nice clothes. Like, I think his clothing and jewelry are part of a getup that Thomasin and her English background would perceive as wealthy and extravagant

Ahh okay. I just assumed cowboy and I got excited at the possibilities for interpreting the devil as some sort of herald from the future.

IT WAS RONALD REAGAN VOTE HILLARY OR THE DEVIL GETS YOU

this is fancy european clothing from 1758, which is probably about 50 years after the events of the movie

this seems a bit more effeminate than the devil in the movie but you get the general idea

whoops, year 1658 I mean

>yfw this is the level of awareness of the average Sup Forums poster
it was fucking obvious. the goat transforms into a person, puts his hand on her shoulder and you can see his face

the movie was shit, not scary, pretty boring tbqh

it wasn't my lack of awareness, it was too dark on my laptop and I couldn't see

I thought the movie was great. it's probably one of my recent favorites, and not just for horror

>Watching movies on your laptop

These are the types of people I'm discussing films with, [i[le sigh[/i]

sorry I'm a giant puss and thought it might be less scary on my laptop

>were you all aware that during the book signing scene you can see the goat's feet turn into a human's boot and can see the devil's human face in the darkness? I totally missed that the first time

>it was fucking obvious. the goat transforms into a person, puts his hand on her shoulder and you can see his face

it's not obvious to people who have poorly calibrated displays that they watch movies on. if your gamma is off and your blacks are crushed, the lack of shadow detail from your cheap/poorly calibrated display might make him completely invisible.

>>it's not obvious to people who have poorly calibrated displays that they watch movies on. if your gamma is off and your blacks are crushed, the lack of shadow detail from your cheap/poorly calibrated display might make him completely invisible.
I didn't see shit at the cinema. Literally 90% of the movie was pitch black, only the daylight scenes were even remotely visible. Won't even start on the audio.

I was just going to say I saw it in the theater and I don't think I noticed at all. I sit pretty close to the screen, but I was kinda drunk. Great night, great film!

stop giving that theater money

Delicious.

I've noticed that in addition to the meming,The Witch threads always have at least a small amount of genuine discussion. Is that the benchmark for proving if a movie is actually patrician?

It was the butter

>
I'm pissed because the fucking trailer I saw had the twins repeating "Black Phillip" 200 times while the goat pranced around.

HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT GET IT HINT

Vi-vitch. Tell your friends.