Why are the Police so criminally underrated by Sup Forums?

Why are the Police so criminally underrated by Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=KyveSWysJ04
youtube.com/watch?v=7v2GDbEmjGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because mu only likes 'hip' dadrock like black sabbath

Synchronicity is the most satisfying album ever

all cops are bastards

Sup Forums has tons of new wave fans, but these guys are never mentioned. About 90% of the time it's Depeche Mode

Not them...

downloaded synchronicity, idk what new wave sounds like so idk what im in for.

"Some days I wake up and find myself scared that I'm Ozzy Osborne. But then I think of how it could be a lot worse. I mean, I could have been born as Sting."

People on Sup Forums like them, but New Wave just doesn't get talked about as much. Sup Forums doesn't talk about too much music other than stuff released 5-15 years ago. Which makes sense I suppose, I think it's still appreciated but it just doesn't get mentioned.

*dons blue John Lennon glasses*
*swoops greasy hair backwards towards neck*
*attempts relevance via bat and failed family members*

Glad I'm not Sting tbpqhf

>Sup Forums doesn't talk about too much music other than stuff released 5-15 years ago

Did you miss the hundreds of millions of Metallica/Beatles/Beach Boys threads?

Oh well, Butler and Iommi were the real talent there anyway; Ozzy's solo career was just meh.

cuz who wants to dl fucking police anyway

copeland is one of the most talented multi-instrumentalists ever
sting is a massive knob
their music was alright, nothing amazing

I didn't miss them, but compared to the amount of threads posted about stuff from the last 20 years it's a small fraction. I don't think that's a bad thing, it's only natural for people to talk about more recently released music. I actually prefer the Beach Boys and other older bands than what Sup Forums mostly talks about.

>I didn't miss them, but compared to the amount of threads posted about stuff from the last 20 years it's a small fraction. I don't think that's a bad thing, it's only natural for people to talk about more recently released music. I actually prefer the Beach Boys and other older bands than what Sup Forums mostly talks about.

Autism: The Post

Plus New Wave struggled in the US besides the few obvious exceptions.

The Jam, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Blockheads, Spandau Ballet, Specials, Eurythmics etc. were all British chart toppers but totally failed overseas.

Eurythmics were popular here, the rest largely bombed. Britbongs love their pop rock/power pop; it doesn't appeal to Americans unless it's really good or unique.

But even many American New Wave groups like Devo sold more records in the UK than their native land.

Because they're fucking garbage

>criminally
heh

Britbong here. Just what the fuck were you guys in Burgerstan listening to in the early Eighties?

i'mthis makes me wanna watch a movie from the 80's

>they say the meeekk shall inherit the eaartthh

Well in the 70s we had the mod revival scene, and the new romantics in the 80s so music was very tied to those cultures.

I guess that's why so many of our bands didn't sell that well in the US.

TELEPHONE IS RINGING

Buttrock :-D

By which I mean Van Halen, AC/DC, Motorhead, REO Speedwagon, Journey, etc.

>MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kate Bush was never very popular here either other than HOL.

Does anyone else think the Police are kinda... comfy? They bring back feelings of my childhood for some reason, with the guitar flange and synths they use.

Like, Don't Stand so Close to me reminds me of being in elementary school, in the gym, on a rainy day (maybe because of the Simpsons episode where they had that scene with this song playing). Vaporwave, i'm sure, invokes similar feelings in popular

These are their comfiest songs
youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=KyveSWysJ04
youtube.com/watch?v=7v2GDbEmjGE

New Wave was kinda popular with hipster college students, but it wasn't near mainstream like REO Speedwagon or something.

Guys don't forget folks like Phil Collins and Hall and Oates.

>Hall and Oates
>New Wave
Dude...

Judas Priest had to Americanize to get popular here. Starting with HBFL, they became gradually more and more buttrock.

They are at least very unique.

Sorta-rock, Sorta-punk, but extremely strong on the beat. And a handful of their tunes are fantastic.

New Wave was often a catchall term used for any pop rock in the early 80s.

what the fuck they made the song Every Breath You Take?

i've been hearing this song all the time

Are they? I just presumed that it was a settled issue that the Police were the greatest band of the Eighties and no further debate was needed.

I probably prefer them to The Cure, but fuck off were they better than The Smiths

They were better than the Smiths, though.