/daily/ - Pronnounced /ˈdeJlJ/

It's the 2nd of October

"The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time."

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>no minors allowed

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/classic_maritime_music__from_smithsonian_folkways_recordings/
youtube.com/watch?v=PaoWaz3r0Vc
soundcloud.com/purple-noise-record-club/sets/boner-petit
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yat_kha/yenisei_punk_f1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/mississippi_john_hurt/1928_sessions/
soundcloud.com/babyzionov/sets/nobody-wants-to-dance-baby-new
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Pronnounced /ˈdeJlJ/
that's NOT what I wrote
do NOT say deJIJ

First for suck a cock

Third for vinyl is dead.

R I P in Peace for the second time
Vinyl revival revival when?!

Crate digging is about the farthest I'll go too. There is still a good amount of music that hasn't been transcribed and uploaded.

This 60's record I found at a Goodwill didn't even have a picture online, so i (very badly) tried to scan it myself. On top of that it is some of the nicest panned organ/piano compositions I have ever listened to. Even then, once the process is done I'd still rather listen to it on mp3.

bump

What are you listening to?
I'm going to put on some JS Bach in a bit.

Dickheadz, uhh better than Bach could ever be

Sounds about right

currently nothing. My backlog is growing at such a high speed that i can't seem to catch up. Getting to like Onkyo a lot, i will have to read a little bit more on the history of it tho. How about you dog? How are you doing?

I've been working in the morning to make up for the incurred Christmas trip losses. Been feeling alright desu, excited to finally go on a 2 week vacation soon :)

woah i thiught you never rested
hope you do. What Bach are you listening to?

I downloaded Koroliov's Art of Fugue. I still haven't heard it surprisingly, considering how big of a RYM-core recording it is.

birthday party EPs
and something else not yet decided
or maybe just marathon the young pope this weekend

I find all music boring and pointless. Rec me something that will aid me regain faith in music.

Whitehouse - Bird Seed

Scooter - Mind the Gap

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/classic_maritime_music__from_smithsonian_folkways_recordings/

Nelson Da Rabeca - Segredo Das Arbores
Naang Naang - လက်ရေးစဉ် ဝေားများ (Le Ywei Sin Tei Mya)
Tinhang Gultom Group - Bathak Music
Sachiko M and Otome Yoshihide - Filament 1
Niko Veliotis, Taku Unami, others - Quartet
Alfredo Costa Monteiro, Taku Unami, others - Atami
Powell - Sports
Morton Feldman - For Philip Guston
Ivor Darreg - Detwelvulate!
Cukor Byla Smert - Manyrna Muzyka

Shit, guy is desperate and you rec him boring avant, dude
Forget all stigma and listen to some Hardstyle, my man

I can't stop listening to Dub Housing, send help

If you like Kate Bush, her new live album is really good.

hardstyle is pretty good but i don't know much of it. I had a friend who loved it and he always put it on the speakers and i would fucking bang myself to it. I just don't know where to find. Also i rec him avant cuz he said he wabted stuff that sounded different. Do you like Excision?

Heck yes, but he got alot worse the last two years
I much prefer the Netherlands scene, Frontliner, Noisecontrollers, Adaro, Wildstylez, etc.

i started /daily/ on December 2nd and im having a shit load of fun. discovering lots of good shit

can someone recc me some stuff as well? looking for some good technical death metal, black metal, IDM, breakbeat, or shoegaze that i havent heard

hi boy
Francisco López - Untitled #104
Bataille Solaire - Dolby's ON
Krumble - My Funny Dead Cat
Venetian Snares - Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
Machine Girl - Gemini
Baby Zionov - Nobody Wants to Dance / Baby New Safe

don't know these, gonna check out. You like the Shambhala mixes he does? the 2013 one is my favorite, maybe 2008 too. Yeah he is not as good now, X Rated is a great fucking song, one of my faves. Skrillex is another dude who got worse. Jack Ü was bad. He still makes bangers (Purple Lamborghini, Bad Man, Red Lips) but he got pretty ambivalent

holy shit thanks, ill take a listen soon, really helpful

Sorry, the precedent has been set.

Hello deJIJ how are my last 10?

hey, iim downloading all the albums you recced now, but i cant seem to find Nobody Wants to Dance / Baby New Safe. would you happen to know where it is to download?

Morning /DeJIJ/!
Today I try to learn a whole course in 9 hours while listening to Le Monte Young.

>Le

How come the italians use il to mean the and spanish use el but the french use "le"? were they so lazy that they just flipped the letters around?

2008 > 2013
both banging, yes man!
Skrillex a shit, who even calls that hardstyle
Heck, ok Purple Lamborghini bangs hard
I fucking hate Jack Ü

>listening to La Monte as background music
this is the definition of avant-teen

>tfw Scaruffi infiltrates your study notes

terminus is scaruffi confirmed

everyone on /daily/ is basically Scaruffi in terms of taste already

but with aqam oficially gone we're like 80% less scruffy :{}

post last 7 days

>shoegaze
oh boi
>Lilys - In the Presence of Nothing
>Stella Luna - Stargazer
>Starflyer 59 - Silver
>Weed - Deserve
>Yo La Tengo - Painful

Gud week

I want to hear this

moar gamelan recs pl0x

counter strike 1.6 is a pretty good game for lan parties

Fun fact: i'm taking songwriting lessons from Amber Arcades' bass player. Listen to Boner Petit btw, it's her other band (which is better imo).

What are you listening to today /deJIJ/?

Checking out mostly 2016 releases, enjoyed most of it.

Not sure why I gave the Mac Miller/Lil Yachty a chance, they were both super underwhelming lol.

Soundtracks For The Blind. Is this supposed to sound like Skinny Fists without the crescendos?

How's that Sonic Youth album?

Rolling Stones are the poor man's Brian Jonestown Massacre. New Nic Jaar is good tho, as is Oxbow.
about half your chart is shit i wanna check out but for some reason haven't

>Brian Jonestown Massacre
never listened to them
>Nic Jaar is good
I had very positive thoughts about it but it would need a relisten. Felt like it was the way pop music should be evolving towards though.
>Oxbow
shit is always amazing, black duke when?

youtube.com/watch?v=PaoWaz3r0Vc
I guess BJM is a Stones ripoff of sorts, but they're better songwriters imo

Nice, just listened to that because it was in the weekly mix, gonna check out Boner Petit, although I can only find 10 minutes of material, do they have a soundcloud or bandcamp?
I like it alot, more than their most acclaimed stuff even

soundcloud.com/purple-noise-record-club/sets/boner-petit
i think this EP is the only thing they've done, it's some p likeable garage pop stuff

rec me

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yat_kha/yenisei_punk_f1/

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/mississippi_john_hurt/1928_sessions/

It's alright but it really needs more sophisticated vocals

aight
aight

Nice, I'll have to give it a listen then. I've enjoyed pretty much everything else by them so I have high hopes lol

Okay, cool, that's the one which is on spotify too, gonna give it a spin later

it's up on soundcloud.
soundcloud.com/babyzionov/sets/nobody-wants-to-dance-baby-new

b-but csgo

does anyone wanna give me some actually good 2016 releases.................i wanna be current.............heard ichiko/bear/cantu/deakin

david thomas broughton - crippling lack

Today I'm listening to The Gay Parade by Of Montreal and it gets better every time. I suspect I listened to it closer to 80 times since 2014.

Hartyga - Agitator

very underrated album.

I should make a favourites chart out of this probably

Still need to check out that new Contortions record; thought it was going to be a Pop Group-tier meme but I guess people are enjoying it.
You know it's a mediocre year for music when most of the best albums are from artists decades past their time. I bet there's a whole slew of bandcamp-esque releases that will be touted as revolutionary in 30 years' time, but I haven't the patience to sift through that crap chute. :^)

Oh shit boi

Stop promoting your twitter.

What music does /daily/ have on their phones/music players?

>I don't agree with a politician so he should be imprisoned
>the rules for election should be changed after the results are in
Damn, didn't know Scaruffi is a fascist cuck.

He's Italian, he's used to corrupt and broken political systems.

>implying there haven't been attempts to abolish the electoral college for decades

No ;)

Well then fuck you buddy!

Mostly memes from this year and some of my top faves on Spotify

;) fuck you too m8

>;)

Where'd your nose go?

I do actually plan on completing my tourney some day

We both got dubs, I guess that means we're friends now?

>Implying it's not only an issue of contention after it works against your favour
Hell, in Canada here Prettyboy Trudeau basically threw out his promise of electoral reform because it won him a majority government with less than 40% of the vote.
Apparently now that he won, the system 'works for Canadians' so it's no longer an issue.

not that anybody actually cares in this godforsaken place

Yep.
Right here m8 -> ^

I care.

scrub!!!!!!

Ah yes, Trudeau, the true paragon of electoral reform to whom we all look up. If he doesn't take electoral reform seriously surely no one does.

Cool. So do you like music or something?

Yeah, some of it. What about you? You into tunes at all?

Sick job attacking a point I wasn't making.
My point is people are only pro-electoral reform when it stands to benefit their guy. Everyone yammering about the popular vote is just butthurt their guy didn't win, and want to count votes such that they do.
They're sure aren't a lot of Trump supporters that are in favour of the popular vote, or Clinton supporters that love the electoral college. It's not about upholding democracy, it's about ensuring their guy wins.

Collected Songs is a fantastic slowcore/post-punk album that puts on a very effective atmosphere of depression and vain desperation. I recommend it to everyone here.

Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica (thomas), 7-
I guess I somewhat like OPN in general. This one in particular has great soundscapes, it's well made. I guess it's not something that touched me personally, but I appreciated the work on this thing.

John Coltrane - Olé Coltrane (s), 8+
It's quite amazing, I guess I might like it more than "A Love Supreme". The latter was the one that required at least several listens to appreciate, while this one clicked immediately and maybe it doesn't mean it's better, I liked it about the piece.
p.s. sorry for invisible red font

The Velvet Underground - A Symphony Of Sound (Darklands), 6~
A long guitar noise improvisation record. I have read of issues concerning this release, several different versions of it existing etc, so I am judging the version I heard, which was three 18 min long tracks. I don't know, I guess it was a pleasant enough listen, but hardly holding a lot of significance to me. I might get back to it if I want some background music though.

gettin good at forgetting my trips

Rammstein ain't that bad