Guitar Strap Height

So, do you care if a guitarist is playing his instrument high or low? Guitarfags, can you comfortably play in position like pic related? Is it better to look cool and force myself to play low, or look stupid and play easily super high?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TbfZOfLaO3Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This optimum height. I play bass.

whatever feels right

Bump.

Do whatever feels right, stop being insecure.

this

all depends on height, role, limb and finger length, playstyle, whatever feels good

if it's purposely too low or high you'll look like a tryhard though

If it isn't pressed against your chest, you're doing it wrong.

i noticed playing guitar high was more contemporary compared to the 90's

im probably wrong though

No, playing high was a LOT more contemporary in the 60s and 70s.

Just look at psych rock.

basic logic would say the higher the better for rhythm and fast strumming, the kind of stuff that took over the 90s. then mid-to-low for a straight picking arm to make lead riffs and sweeps slightly easier.

I don't think it fucking matters though, as long as it doesn't fall off

Shut the fuck up. Didn't even read past first sentence.

Music is not about image.

bass is completely different though
I play bass with strap way lower than on a guitar

idk, it really depends on the person. If they are able to play while they're high then that's up to them

Not OP but I think Slash does that because his arms are so long

>Music is not about image.

wew. everything is about image

above or below the dick

I prefer having it in dick height so that it covers my boner when my playing inevitably gets sexual.

I'm a weirdo, up close to my chest just below the neck. There is no way to look while playing.

Are we talking early Arctic Monkeys here or more extreme, Level 42 style?

Slash has around 40 years of experience with playing guitar. He can play comfortably with it behind his head.

Don't force yourself to do anything, play the way which will maximize your learning and performance.

>playing guitar standing
>not sitting like based fripp

strap wherever its comfortable for your style of playing. dep's guitarist always had em high and it made it easier to throw the guitars around and still play tight crazy riffs.

youtube.com/watch?v=TbfZOfLaO3Q

Thanks dad

>A champion BMX rider, Slash put the bike aside to devote himself to playing guitar, practicing up to 12 hours a day.

you're welcome son

I could play in that position, but it's way more comfortable to play with it much higher, like nipple height
>I play jazz tho

It's worse. I have problems only a music teacher could correct.

Was going to post that, i Love this guy

above the dick for me desu. and honestly i think having the guitar around your knees looks retarded

I don't give a fuck how others play it; it works for some people and doesn't for others.

James fucking around live and then suddenly popping a power stancd as soon as the song starts was the best thing there was