twitter.com/AnonBabble

>putting wickets before runs

Who the fuck is nina

Is this semen slurping sport for me

A match can last for 5 days and end in a draw, you tell me

>not putting the most important column first
>being this contrarian

please watch our sport

As an American, I know everything about cricket, no seriously, I mean there is not one thing I don't know about it, the history, the players, the grounds, countries and rules. I can't even begin to tell you how many people I have pwned in my 10 years on Sup Forums but let me tell you it's a lot, a hell of a lot. For all intensive purposes I should just hold back some of this mountain of knowledge I possess, my mind is just a powerhouse of cricket facts and figures, but what can I say I like to educate my fellow Sup Forumsartans, surely you've all seen me relentlessly push /cric/ on Sup Forums for years now and seen my superior knowledge of the game and seen my sharp wit and clever use of greentxt at play. Surely you have seen me post picture after picture of stats and facts that prove how GOAT Australia, Sydney, cricket and myself are, an it's all been for you fellow brothers, I know you all respect me an have huge amounts of admiration for me and my posting abilities, as a great man once said, I'm responsible for 90% of sports posts on Sup Forums, well I said it but you know it's true anyway. I'd just like you also to know I'd appreciate it if you asked my permission when starting a thread about cricket, Olympics, any Australian generals or anything really, to be safe just run everything though me as I am the man around here, Please could you also tell all the new trips that I am the example they must live up to an to follow my lead of informative and interesting posting skills, well I'm off to play some WoW

i posted in another /cric/ last night and someone told me to not watch tests and just watch t20s.

I'm bedridden with the flu this weekend so might as well post in this seemingly empty general

Hello is this the /bundesnina/ thread?

Well T20 is fun but it's also meme cricket, strategy goes right out the window and you swing for 6's (home runs) every time. Test Cricket is the purest form and you have to balance defence and offence to build up a decent score, losing all 10 of your batters with only 150~ runs would be a catastrophe.

It's a pretty relaxed sport with lots of banter though

youtube.com/watch?v=aralMOHw0iU

Just got into cricket myself, it is the comfiest game there is once you familiarise yourself with all the rules (like leg before wicket lbw)

alri
>Test cricket lasts 5 days
Why do they allow this. People have things to do with their lives

It doesn't necessarily have to last 5 days but that is the maximum time allowed for each team to complete 2 innings, if time is up and the innings aren't complete then it is a draw.

thats sort of the point

it was originally made by British aristocrats who had nothing to do during the day and needed something to fill the week up

Okay, but test matches are supposed to be more tactical?
I mean, I've watched some World Cup matches (the one that happened in Aus/NZ recently??).
I remember Australia had this one really fast bowler named Starc who was fun to watch.
I'm also Indian by ancestry so I know Virat Coolie and Sourav Ganguly and the other guy who is good who retired.

Overall I enjoyed watching Starc the most, fast bowling is actually pretty damn enjoyable.

Warner
Burns
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
M Marsh
Nevill
O'Keefe
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

literally who can stop >us? Shit Lanka gonna get washed. India aswell

Are world cup formats the same as T20? What is the difference between WC and T20 matches?

Yes Test Cricket is way more tactical.

There is a T20 World Cup and an ODI World Cup.

>T20 World Cup and an ODI World Cup.
Was the one in Aus/NZ in 2015 T20 or ODI?

Starc is a tall, handsome wog and the best bowler of his generation and as you said a 145+kp/h bowler. He is much better than Amir who is struggling to hold 135 kp/h

the three best bowlers of the current generation are literally all Australian (Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins)

That was ODI.

>5 posters
>one is an american who doesn't know anything about cricket
>another is a kiwi who made one shitpost and then fucked off

nice "poomunity"

>He is much better than Amir
literally who/what nationality?

Starc is a Slovene by descent, that is interesting. I thought that wogs in Australia stuck to soccer and shit while the Anglos/Paddies stuck to cricket

>martin crowe and colin meads dead in the same year
Will nz sport ever recover?

hey how r u doing can u bump this thread more so the thirdworlders (Pakistan, India) can see the thread and post in here

It's literally no different from like a 5-match series in baseball. It needs to be that long because otherwise a true winner can't be found. I really don't know why people get so hung up about it when so many sports have like 5 or 7-match series.

Indians are the most powerful race on this planet.
FACT.

It is nearly morning in India
FACT.

When they wake up and drop their superior cricket knowledge in this thread you will run with your tail between your legs.
FACT.

>I thought that wogs in Australia stuck to soccer and shit while the Anglos/Paddies stuck to cricket
ebin meme, ethnicity doesnt actually mean anything in Australia. I'm from a European family and I grew up playing cricket

most aussie kids play all sports. they only one they are really forced to pick between is soccer and either rugby league/afl depending on the state.

cricket and the football codes do not compete at all. There are two wogs in the current Australian Test squad, one paki and whatever the fuck Nathan Coulter-Nile is.

based krazywog

Yes, but how long are test matches played in a day? How many hours?

90 overs

>People have things to do with their lives
British aristocrats literally don't. A 5-day match fills the hours pretty good.

Are Indian posters butthurt and annoying in /cric/

Amir is the guy everyone's been talking about

This is a good article that explains why he's a big deal in american terms

thecauldron.si.com/fallen-angels-and-prodigal-sons-197d3cb2f23a#.5ovayg4om

6 hours a day. It seems like a lot but it really isn't that much.

From 10 am until about 6.30 am, it depends on how dark it gets. There is a lunch break and a tea break of course.

6.30 pm*

like you wouldn't believe

>literally who/what nationality?
Amir is a punjabi manlet subhuman

He is playing for Pakistan in the curreng match. He is a career criminal, gang member and literally hated by his own team

LOL that article seems like it was directly catered to Americans like me. Interesting read
>Comparing Pakistan to Ohio
Not really much difference between those two places if we're talking about overall depressing shittiness

Good. My hatred for Pakistanis grows now. I find it funny how he's still able to play after being implicated in a fucking scandal like that

It was for an american journal, and the guy writing it's american. I do feel like the American sports fans are missing out on a pretty enormous story with Amir. His entire arc is straight from a dramatic sports film.

It's because he was elite, and as much as everyone wants to shun him for his actions, tons of people just want to watch him being elite again.

>I find it funny how he's still able to play after being implicated in a fucking scandal like that
He did just finish serving a 5 year ban for it tbf

also went to prison and had his boipussy stretched

>unironically hating any flag
Do american's not understand the concept of commonwealth bants?

>My hatred for Pakistanis grows now.
Literally the only people on the planet who would be improved by being considered Indian.

not gonna lie lad, i fucking hate malaysian flags

>unironically hating any flag
I'm a Hindpoo by descent so obviously I hate Pakis on an unironic, visceral level.

Englishman living in the colonies here.

They literally do not understand banter at all. It's considered rude. They take every statement at face value.

Kek, fucking this

When I lived in BSA took me awhile to realise that most of them would be genuinely, unironically insulted by a bit of light bantz

its literally the mother of all PC societies

Me you lad, me too

You're a confused 2nd gen faggot mate, none of the pakis or indians i know hate each other.

Malay's aren't /cric/ so that is fine

What's your favourite brand of tea? My aunt living in Dallas imports Yorkshire Tea every month

So basically, to get down to brass tacks
>Amir is an elite bowler from Pakistan
>actually has talent
>gets involved in a scummy matchfixing scandal
>gets caught
>boipussy stretched in prison
>after 5 years he's all clear
>is playing again now

>You're a confused 2nd gen faggot mate
Relax, I was poking fun at Hindus hating on Pakistan despite being equally ass-backwards

But I actually do hate Muslims for the most part, they're all shit and never assimilate over here, except for Iranis.

WHY
WHY
WHYYYYYYY
DELILAH

spotfixing, not matchfixing. its quite different

he deliberately bowled no-balls. whilst obviously still corruption, what he did had no real (direct) impact on the outcome of the game. match-fixing would be alot worse and require a far more concerted effort

They have Teavana here, which is a sort of Starbucks for tea. They sell some loose leaf teas which are actually quite decent.

They may not understand banter but the 300 million of them can't all be savages.

>spotfixing, not matchfixing. its quite different
Yeah I just read a Wiki article asserting the differences rn, i understand the situation

>Teavana
This place is a known hotspot for whiny hipster faggots.

Go in. Buy tea. Leave.
I can't control the clientèle.

In all honesty, though, Americans really are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Very open and genuine. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, even if the results don't quite match the efforts. My neighbors respectfully now refer to association football as "your football" instead of "soccer".

(I work in Raleigh, North Carolina, which is in the South.)

Yeah people from North Carolina are very nice. Raleigh is actually a super nice area, I had the opportunity to work for a branch in my company in Raleigh-Durham's research triangle area. Very pretty place with nice people from what I hear. You live in one of the nicer parts of the country (by nicer i mean how the people act). Take a trip north to the New England/Mid-Atlantic area where I am and people are kind of assholes desu.

Reminder that a disgraced career criminal still makes better life choices than Mitchell Starc.

krazykrezja can't find any cricketing flaws with the Prophet Mohammad GOATmir so he has to resort to petty insults to demean him.

Sad!

t. Shiraz Alireza

>Americans really are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Very open and genuine.

I completely agree but honestly it unsettled me a bit because I couldn't tell if it was genuine or not. American customer service in particular is world-class and I could never tell whether them being so polite and friendly was genuine or just a contrived effort to get extra shekels. Possibly both really

I'm only talking about the big cities btw. In the mid-west it was definitely genuine. Some of the best people I've ever met are from there

Is Jake Ball related to my sweaty balls?

honestly he was alot better than Fartmir

Agreed, I wish Americans from the mid-west would play cricket, I reckon they would appreciate the laid back pace.
That's my opinion based on two months in america though

Starcs anger levels and choice in dumpster-fire tier women leads me to surmise that his penis is smaller than a quails egg.

It's a very interesting place. Basically every American redneck cliche you can think of is true

My sister went to highschool in Nebraska. I remember when visiting there was literally 1(one) nigger in the form. I remember at lunchtime him walking past the table I was sitting at and about half the kids snickered and made a bunch of crude racist remarks. sad!

Surely kids are little shits no matter where you go.

I mean I went to school in a chinese ghetto in Sydney so there were jokes but still that level of overt racism surprised me

Is /cric/ more impressed by Messi or Woakes?

Upcoming Test Matches and how you guys can help me!

I don't know if you guys remember me or not but I'm the user from about two or three months ago who's an American interested in cricket and wanted to invest some time into actually watching matches.
For the first time it what seems like ages and i have a free weekend coming up and saw that there's two very interesting test matches and I need your guys help to decide which one I should invest my time into since I have the availability to watch both. The two choices are between
Day 1 Test 1 : West Indies vs India
Or
Day 1 Test 2 : Pakistan vs England
Which do you guys think is more interesting to watch/has the better story lines for an American with no allegiances to any of the teams involved?

>A few years ago, Nair tuned in to an Indian Premier League match to watch his favourite cricketer – Adam Gilchrist – play and happened to see Sunil Narine bowl for the first time. The West Indian off-spinner took a bag of wickets and greatly impressed the then 15-year-old Nair who started to follow him closely. Nair was already a fixture in NSW's state under-age squads as a batsman who dabbled in part-time leg-spin, but, inspired by Narine, he switched to off-spin and started trying to teach himself the carrom ball.

wow, a talent already ruined by the IPL

havent seen this kid play yet either, be interesting to see how he goes

It takes a special breed of scoundrel to make one pity the Arabs but boy, do the Israelis achieve it.

who is this sermon german?

West Indies and India are 2 of the most uninspiring test teams although they have quite exciting white ball styles of play.
Stick to England vs Pakistan.

England vs Pakistan makes a great match-up because England is full of memes while Pakistan is a far more measured, conservative form of play.

It's pretty much the antithesis of what the two countries are like in reality.

the fact that Pakistan is pretty damn good at Test cricket and laughably rubbish at pyjama memes is a feat of great irony

cricket is gay

You like 9 years old or something?

Wanna Skype? (;

goooooooooooooood afternoon lads!

Daily reminder that Kashmiris are being killed in their homes by Indian Forces.

it makes sense.

The playing style of test cricket hasn't fundamentally changed like pyjama, meaning Pakistan can still follow the ways of the past and remain successful.

The same conservatism and inability to adapt with the rest of the world dearly costs them in pyjama, particularly when it comes to fitness.

since we have less then 4 hours to go before the match, let's dump the worst cricket jerseys of all time. I'll start.

Literally what is the purpose of nearly nuking each other over some fucking mountains

their exclusion from the IPL is probably one of the principal reasons they are so bad at pyjama

its also a great shame that the current Pak & India teams wont play Tests. It would be a great contest irrespective of where it was played

honestly id probably rather watch a PAK/IND series rather than another Ashes series

may be they should do their work quietly instead of pelting stones.

> Israel tier justifications.

>a terrorist is killed
>idiots love him because he is fighting for a "greater cause".
>start pelting stones on army.
>cry when army kills them back.
>paki official go to cry in UNO

Hey i remember all of you. How are you all?

I havn't been outside for 10 days now

that you threadcunt?

Uni starts tomorrow lads

I'm not sure m8

Better get your nu-male uniform ready

same here

Have an internship starting tomorrow. Will have to make do with TMS.

Got some gyprock to install tomorrow. Ironing my hi vis now

interning with the Haqqani network?