What the hell does this have to do with Alien?

What the hell does this have to do with Alien?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com.au/2012/10/the-deleted-scenes-of-prometheus-actually-explain-a-whole-bunch-of-important-stuff/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Prometheus is the Male Alien.
He mate with the Queen and produces the xenomorph which are genderless.

>He mate with the Queen

Scientology

They set the foundation for life on earth
Then for whatever reason they designed a lifeform to kill us
Like an origin story

>He mate with the Queen
wew

"Not much."

But why create life on a distant planet (earth, humans) and then create a life destroying xenomorph on your own planet?

Would a scientist keep jars of anthrax around his house?

Sure buddy, but what are canon pretorians and the king Alien.

They set the foundation of life on earth
They made alien as the ultimate weapon
Our life was created so we could be used as livestock for their weapon creation.

Distance is relative, isn't it? With their technology it Earth might not be far at all. The other planet was not their home planet. They only used it for storage.

scientific experimentation m8

humans do this shit all the time

>Alien
>A
>ayy
ayy lmao

This is my fetish

>Distance is relative, isn't it?
No

yes it is, stupid.

>Distance isn't relative

Sometimes I still get to be baffled by the extent of the stupidity of people in this place. It's a good feeling

1 meter is 1 meter whether you think its far and I don't. Distance is not relative. The actual distance will not change with perspective.

>people arguing whether distance is relative or not
kingofpopcorn.gif

>Then for whatever reason
And there's Prometheus in a nutshell.

Meters or anything of the sort are mere conventions to measure things. Distance is relative and does change with perspective.

neither does time.

can you prove it?
are you attempting to say 1 meter = / = 1 meter?

The distance between san fran and New york is different depending on whether you are in a plan or walking on the ground

Nothing.... Everything.

Honestly, Alien didn't need a backstory. Ridley Scott is an idiot.

was planning on getting on this plan part of your plan?

Distance is relative in the sense that as you become able to traverse larger distances, by virtue of units you get to simplify to significantly less digits. Especially once you break the light barrier.

Also when he said distance is relative, he clearly meant that the percieved cost of travel was relative, in response to the question of why they would go through the sacrifice of such time and energy, when the concept of sacrifice requires loss, and furthermore how do we know they lost anything and did not gain by this endeavor?

what are you attempting to say here? are you saying the path travelled by a plane is different than the path travelled by walking or are you saying the time to travel is different?
two different distances crossing the same displacement here

>distance=time
wew lad

>break the light barrier
stopped reading here you don't understand physics at all

The movie made it very clear that that wasn't their home planet you fucking imbecile

Did you even watch the ending

Their home is "Paradise"

shit nigger I don't know

all I know is that I have jerked off to that fuck huge octopus face fucking the evil engineer

You are assuming they traveled as matter, I do not.

you missed out *speed*

distance = speed/time

from the perspective of someone with a teleportation device or a space craft the distance between across the street and san fran and new york is nothing

from the perspective of the universe a man that lives 3 years and a man that lives 30 there is no difference

teleportation device? what are you even talking about? The 1m is 1m whether you are going 1m/s or 300m/s. Distance is not relative. There is a difference of 27 years in your example, but you chose to find it insignificant.

in the grand scheme of everything, 27 years difference is insignificant

that does not make distance relative. that just means compared to the age of the universe 27 years is a short period of time. You aren't proving the distance is relative and 1m for someone is not 1m for someone else when measured accurately.

>Distance is not relative

In terms of "distant planet" which OP replied to, yes it is completely relative.

are you saying there is something that's not matter that proves distance is relative?

Why are you asking that, though?

thank you based japan for xeno tits and gushing alien vagina

>what is Lorentz contraction

contraction of light = / = distance

>black goo turns albino to dust when he's exposed
>black goo turns that guy into a zombie when he's exposed
>black goo gives some guy Leprosy when he's exposed
>black goo impregnates woman with squid when she's exposed
>black goo turns worms into giant, acidic eels when they're exposed
>black goo turns squid into an eye-less dragon
what the fuck was this movie even about

Black goo

but why

post your alien waifu

BIG BLACK GOO

???

Its all symbolism
Ridley shouldve called up Zack Snyder and said dont fucking do it bro plebs wont get it and theyll respond violently

Not the original poster but the pic is from one of my favorite artists PEN aka Nezumi

Person did 1 other xeno queen blowjob

>symbolism
It's inconsistent garbage, lad.

I don't understand physics, the post.

Due to cosmic expansion distance is relative as well, at least very long distances. It might not have a noticeable effect between planetary systems, but theoretically, yes, distance is relative.

The Engineer drank a lot of the goo and was immediately broken down so his genetics could be recombined.
Charlie ("Leprosy") drank a tiny drop of goo and it broke his genetics down a lot faster, working the most quickly on his internal floral and fauna
Shaw was exposed through Charlie's jizz, mutated with the black goo. This resulted in the squid creature who may just be an oversized sperm mutant. the squid thing was never re-exposed to the goo, it just ate some dudes offscreen (you can see the bloody aftermath of this on the walls in its room at the end of the movie) and grew huge

Fifeld was exposed by inhaling it in and presumably drowning in it. this caused a different reaction than drinking it, where he mutated into the zombie-xenomorph

black goo ain't that difficult to wrap your head around. it doesn't work like egg -> facehugger -> xenomorph, it's meant to be advanced technology with unknown potential

Sounds like the dumbest fucking thing ever. Why not just glass the planet with orbital lasers. Why make this awful, inconsistent Muslim disease weapon that doesn't even work and can kill its makers easily.

Who made the graffiti?

a punishment that is too quick or merciful is not effective.

the black goo was designed to turn humanity into a perverse mockery of itself

>Tfw sad this in IMAX 3d
>loved it
>came home and read the reviews and audience reactions

At least Roger Ebert gave it a 4 out of 4.

The Predator

The BLACK GOO made the graffiti

The critical thing to remember is that the goo only exists for the things you saw, because it's a movie. There is 'nothing' outside of the scenes you saw, what the goo does or is supposedly intended to do when it's not onscreen is basically irrelevant. If you want to know what the point of the goo was, in the context of the story it is part of, then you should concentrate on what was depicted and derive meaning from that.

I think the writers just kind of got lost in a tangled web of ideas. That writer fucking sucks (LOST writer).

That sound lazy to me. I want consistency in an universe belonging to a franchise that huge

Best post itt

ITT morons who think the OP image is on Earth.

Hmmm?

The opening of Prometheus doesn't take place on Earth. The belief that it does is what leads to a lot of these stupid and ignorant conclusions.

BLACK

I don't think that the planet would matter. It's the inconsistency of the black goo that dooms the movie.

That and the awful, stupid, poorly written "characters"

Who's this semen demon?

It showed where the xenomorphs and man were created, who did it and then made you wonder "what's up with those guys"

For all of 10 seconds because it was ultimately forgetful

You assume it's inconsistent despite it consistently affecting different DNA structures in unique ways depending upon its delivery method and amount of exposure... Your logic is inconsistent.

Sounds like headcannon to me lad.

>inconsistency of the black goo
What's inconsistent about it?

Cite examples, if you're referring to how it treated the Engineers you're completely ignoring that they've probably already been exposed to it.

see:

Fuck off. The very fact we're having this conversation means the movie is shit. No amount of mental gymnastics can save it.

Bladerunner is shit too while we're at it.

You missed the dialogue about why they chose that specific crew. The characters themselves were fine despite illogical things they did. Sure a few were retards that deserve to die and so they did...

Then watch it again while paying attention.

gizmodo.com.au/2012/10/the-deleted-scenes-of-prometheus-actually-explain-a-whole-bunch-of-important-stuff/
>Wondering why the Engineer at the start of the film killed himself for no apparent reason? If you look at the alternate beginning scene on the Blu-ray, you find that this was actually a sacrificial ceremony attended by multiple engineers. Once the Engineer breaks up into tiny pieces and falls into the river, you’re shown a few extra seconds of footage that explains that the sacrifice was meant to boot up the human evolutionary journey.
>boot up the human evolutionary journey.
Stfu
The whole thread is full of examples you goof

Holy shit you are everything wrong with ignorant human communication. You don't deserve to exist let alone post on the internet. PLEASE KILL YOURSELF

Anyone involving Engineers and man is negative effects due to them likely being products of it already to some degree

It's a once only kind of thing, it doesn't work on you again because how the fuck could you keep advancing in evolution repeatedly (Since they're going off the idea that evolution is advancement quite clearly in the film) without limit

It was just there to show how they engineered life, using their evolution inducing creation. And how the xenomorph came to be (just a combination of all the shit on that planet)

I agree. That guy should sudoku

Don't take it out on me just because you have shit taste in movies.

>Gizmodo link

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>logic makes the manchild rage

Engineers created the xenomorphs and used Earth as a farm to create more. I think.

Dude, I never said the movie wasn't shit. But it's not shit because of the black goo, it's shit because it was a bad movie not because of a piece of science fiction.

Black goo itself is just the tool the Engineers did their work with, it could have been some hand held device and the movie would have been the same.

>universe
>franchise
Stop. Prometheus is a movie, approach it as such.

Alright, that's all well and good.

But instead of all that, why not just make a good movie?

Well this thread is dead now that the children have arrived. Sup Forums is still shit

Why would be drink after seeing David top his finger in the glass?

>black
>goo

Because this was easier.

What other movies were ruined by black goo?

Fuck no. It's not arthouse or some indie metaphoric flick, it's meant be believable and to stay consistent. Going like "dude black goo's gonna blackgooing" IS indeed lazy writing