It's really shitty knowing that the group of friends you hang out with would not care if you were there or not

It's really shitty knowing that the group of friends you hang out with would not care if you were there or not.
You don't change anything. You are not the favourable of the group, you're just tolerated.

General feels thread
Pic kinda unrelated

Faggot I don't have friends or even a real family. What the hell are you complaining about

Just because you don't have them and have your own problems doesn't mean I don't get to complain and feel shitty.

This.

All the time I hear people complain on advice sites is how lonely they are and fear being behind socially, yet they mention that they also have a significant other like "I'm lonely, but not some awkward fuck lonely, but pretty introverted".

Like, the same way you got your significant other, do that same thing and get friends.

Hairy vagina 0191 2329380

Incredible

make new ones don't be a baby

cuz mystic is da best nigga

mystic autistic

Do you have any theories as to why you're in this position? I'm lucky and have close friends that care about me and what not, but there's this one guy in my group who's really nice, but he never really talks. This guy just studies and has no hobbies, so nobody is able to talk to him due to the lack of common interest.

mystic big dic

Also, this.

If your friends aren't really close to you, it's possible you guys just have different interests. If that's the case, there isn't anything you can do other than make new friends.

being in love with your only friend is suffering

You might as well tell your friend that you love him/her. An upside with only having one friend is that if something goes wrong, it doesn't disrupt the relationship with all your other friends.

You might read this, smirk, and say "why would I risk my only friendship?". Well, it seems you're not very content with the whole situation in the first place, and a relationship isn't just going to magically appear.

Also, you can make new friends user if things don't work out.
Tell your friend about your feelings.

thanks for the advice user

i'm 100% sure they don't feel the same way.

Shut up eric

Not OP, but I don't live in fairytale land where close friends exist. The only people around just talk shit and don't care. Really hard to get along with them.

Like you said, "lucky".

Tomorrow I will have to face a few of them and tired of arguing.

You might as well take the shot if you're not content with the relationship right now.

I kinda fell in love with a friend of mine, but I ended up just distancing myself away from him. The whole situation is impractical; we're going to different universities and I don't think he'd be very comfortable with me confessing my feelings. Things would also become awkward with all my other friends, parents, etc etc.

If you can take the gamble though without that much risk, then take it. I ended up just distancing myself from him; he never really did anything with me unless I contact him.

Yo wtf
How did you like actually know my name?

You sound as if you're stuck in a place filled with crappy people. Why can't you leave user?

I'm assuming it's work related or something? Also, yeah, I suppose I am pretty lucky :p

kek. well now we know OP's name.

But fucking HOW

maybe he knows you IRL?
I have friends who browse Sup Forums too. Certain things just give it away.

also, joey is super gay.

Lol but my IRL friends don't browse Sup Forums to my knowledge at least.
Who is this

I hate to complain about people, it really looks bad on my image as a person since it makes me look like a social outcast. I am clueless on finding the right group of people to hang around. My work limits me to little free time after work and there's one vehicle in the household(I am the chauffeur).

I just have it bad meeting the right group of people. Last week I went to the bar with my sister and her friends(one she was trying to get me to hang with). It was an awful experience.

I am not a people person, but I do know how to be open and talk(been taking counseling for the past ten years and rad some social skills books).

I hate that it's not enough and feel at square one in the end again.

not the person who posted eric. I don't know any erics btw, so I can't possibly know you.

And how would you know whether or not your friends browsed Sup Forums? Nobody here really wants to brag about browsing Sup Forums.

Also, if I could just have at least three dedicated friends(that being it) I would be content. Just want to know I am capable of relating to other humans other than family.

No no I'm sorry I didn't mean you I worded it wrong I apologize.
But that's true I really don't think anyone of my 5 friends would know this was me.

It is a mystery I will never solve.

So you work as a chauffeur? I need to point this out btw, if you have very little free time, it's often difficult to have any close friends unless you work with them.

Friendships take time. If you want to find a buddy who shares a common interest with you but you only have like an hour of free time per day, it probably won't work out (e.g. scheduling and stuff. you probably won't even utilize the one hour).

If your colleagues are really that shitty and you're absolutely sure you can't befriend them, then you have these options:

1. Get a new job and hopefully meet nice people
2. Stick with your old job and live with being lonely. Being lonely sucks, but it's tolerable.

You didn't answer my original question though eric :^):

Im kinda hard up in my feels today myself. I don't know where I stand with my girlfriend right now. She has bipolar and depression and she recently switched meds so she been acting off recently. she still loves me and everything but I think while she was on one of her up swings something might have happened between one of her guy friends and her and I don't know how to ask her in a way that can guarantee that ill find out the truth. at the same time is she has just been acting different because of her meds this is really going to hurt her. to make things harder we are long distance for the time being and it'll be December before I see her again.
even more than that I'm in a whole new place in the world and part of me really doesn't want to by tied down right now. the whole situation is shitty and i'm losing sleep over it and there aren't a whole lot of people to talk to about it.

Oh I'm sorry man. Honestly I do talk and I do voice myself. I have hobbies and I do get into conversations with people and they just don't care enough to continue it. I'm not just a quiet guy all the time. Sometimes I am, but everyone is sometimes.

wait, so you're not going to see her for six months?

hate to break it to you, but that relationship seems hopeless. You should just break up now and move on rather than dragging it out.

Its funny because i'm the most favorable of my
group and get the most attention but i'm also
the most timid and reclusive so i fucking hate it
wanna trade places user.

I also think you have to tell her, you can get through it

Hey Eric here, cause everyone knows my name now.
My suggestion is tell her you love her and how you feel about her, but also what you're bottling up inside because that is shitty in a relationship.
Tell her you need a bit to think about all of this and how it is affecting your life currently.
I.e lack of sleep

Well, perhaps the issue is that they simply don't share the same interests. This quiet guy in my friend group always talked about trivial provincial political stuff. We all liked the guy, but at the same time none of the topics he brought up were interesting.

Also, he never played any video games, so he would be completely clueless and silent whenever we talked about that sort of stuff.

get the fuck outta this thread pinther

hey eric you should switch places with

What I meant my chauffeur is I drive around everyone in the household and we all rely on one vehicle, that is separate from my actual work.

I am clueless to finding people and interest groups. Thankfully meetup.com solved half of my battle.

I am in a shit position here at home. Debt & rent keeps me here. I did try to talk to some people who I found outside was interested in the same stuff as me. I tried talking to them, asking a bit while sharing a bit, but in the end they all gave the vibe they wanted to be alone. I took the hint and left.

Don't know what is wrong with me.

I would love to.

I'm gonna mystic my dick into your mom.

Well, you might as well consider all the possibilities. What if your perception was off and the people you spoke to actually wanted to hang out?

I'm still a student, so school actually helps me out a lot. I actually kind dread the summer, because everyone leaves for camp and stuff, or just have other things to do while I'm all alone. If I was 30 with a job living alone with no friends to start out with, I'd be sorta fucked.

Hey Eric here
Also the shitty thing is that it goes well at first, like we meet up and it's all shits giggles but then it just goes downhill and they just don't care.

Well, explain the "downhill" process. You sound kinda vague atm. Maybe you can tell us a story involving one of your meetings?

Man I totally feel you. The only time people enjoy me is when im drunk or high or both.

You know what also sucks? Loving someone that doesn't love you back.

I know I have to tell her, but I cant think of a way to communicate what Im feeling without coming off completely distrusting. a lot of my issues come from the last time we dated, she didnt cheat but her bipolar pretty much went off the deep end and it got to be way too much to handle. this separation was kinda forced on us too soon for me to have built back up all of the trust that would make this easier. The whole situation is really just tearing me up inside. I know that sounds like a emo highschooler or something but I dont think any relationship issue has ever bugged me this much.

Only if that was a viable option Its actually
quite the curse, I'm very easygoing find it easy
to fit into a multitude of crowds if I have to. I'm
also very relatable.
And socially adept but I actually dislike being around
people more then i have to be. And it strongly
annoys me to be the center of attention among
friends, cant even do anything with out 4 plus people trying
to talk my ear off or hang out with me all the
time it drives me crazy.

mfw you a huge introvert but also happen to be a social butterfly.

Your relationship doesn't seem really healthy. None of our answers are really optimal because we don't know all the context. All I can really say is you need to take action, whether that's breaking up, sharing your feelings with her, etc. You need to do something, because the position you're in right now isn't a position you really want to stay in.

ive considered it, like heavily considered it but if we could get past current issues I could see myself settling down with her. its one of those situations where everything is right but these few things. at this point in my life im trying to play the long game, I just don't know what the right move is right now.

I also don't wanna be in the same position by 30. I made a five year goal to change everything about me. I drink more water and requent the local track every day. Lost some weight and impressed my doc. The social aspect is still tough. I have very bad anxiety around family members and can't handle it. But with other people I am fine.

I don't know difficult it was for you to have a moderate social life, but you seem pretty cool. I just hope that this is well worth it in the end.

You also said something along the lines of my thoughts with the situation with other people. As I heard, this is a battle of my own thoughts and how I perceive others. It just doesn't seem so.

I don't want to repeat what happened last week at the bar.

you are right, I guess its just something Im dreading at this point. Its going to be a shitty talk either way. if she did something that would hurt but I'd also be free and it would be over. If she didn't or if she just lies to me I will have hurt her horribly or ill just be living in doubt the rest of our time together.

Who wants a rare wojak that I made myself while I tell a story?

fuck ya team valor!

if your team instinct just KYS