Did TV like High-Rise?

Did TV like High-Rise?

Instead of High Rise they should have adapted The Sheep Look Up

I mean, I like High Rise but in terms of 70's dystopia nothng is better than Sheep

I liked it pretty much. Some party scenes were a bit too long though. Also i felt Tom Hiddleston played it a bit too safe or maybe it's a question of tone in the movie...

No.

>Wanted to see Highrise
>Checked to see when it was coming out
>It had already come out and wasn't playing any more
Thanks, Freida.

Which one of you bastards is gonna fuck me up the ass

Got tricked into watching this

thanks Sup Forums

when is portishead going to release the fucking ABBA cover jfc they're copyright striking everyone

wut

already in the net

I quite enjoyed it.

Is it pretentious?

I don't like pretentious films.

Kill yourself

I think it could have been good but they played it so safe all the way through. I've read some reviews that say it's all crazy and stuff but it's not, really. it's very neat pretending to be crazy, there's no heart to it. Part of that is Hiddleston looking like a perfume ad model through most of it, but I think a large part of the problem is the cinematography and direction, a lot of it is shot like a music video or a high end commercial, it has very little personality from that perspective. On top of that the script is not very well handled in terms of pacing or even scene transitions, which is a shame but it has convinced me that Ben Wheatley is actually a pretty crummy director.

A critic, i don't remember who, said very nicely that this movie didn't really need to exist because Cronenberg's Shivers was already out there and that can be read as a loose adaptation of High Rise that's much more interesting directorially and has much more to say about the time at which it came out and in general.

go back to plebbit then

I liked it but didn't love it. Pretty sure I got what he was trying to do, it just didn't work quite as well as it could have.

>1 guy around tons of sexy flight attendants..
Can we stop with the cliches and sexism yet?

Whenever we see a male fantasy enacted on screen its ok but when we see female fantasies all hell breaks loose around here.

it's not pretentious, it's pointless

t. fat woman

Felt like the decline into anarchy came too suddenly, out of nowhere. Like there was no transition, or event or something leading to it. One scene is still establishing things and characters, next scene it just started happening at a fast pace.

Indeed, there wasn't a too strong causal relationship for the breakdown. Sure, the electricity went down but from this to that it's quite a leap. However I don't consider this but a minor nuisance.