Remakes better than the original

Remakes better than the original

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(1982_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nig pls

Lol

I agree. I always hated Halloween and wondered why people like it. The remake is pretty "meh" too, but better than the original.

this

This too.

Ahh helll noooo

Can't say this about many movies but this one is hands down
You could probably add the Texas Chainsaw Massacre but that's questionable

THIS!

It is really really fucking good.

Yes
Fuck yes
No.
kek
No.
Yes but irl i would lie and say no
Kill yourself
The original dawn of the dead is one of my favorite movies but this isn't a bad remake.

Blasphemy

>tcm
wat

'no'

The best part though, is that this isn't the worst section of the post. The somewhat common pleb opinion that DOTD 04 is better than 78 is pretty condemnable, but to even hint that Chainsaw remake is better than Chain Saw- which is one of the greatest horrors and one of the few masterpieces in the genre- is downright criminal and anyone saying such thing should be castrated.

I said tcm was questionable
I honestly just liked it for R. Lee

It isn't questionable.
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a timeless classic and the remake is fucking garbage.

I would have liked this better if it didn't have so many recognisable B actors in bit parts

Every ten minutes it's "OH FUCK ITS THAT GUY PLAYING A COWBOY DUDE LMAO"

Well this is all subjective

Name something that the remake did better than the original.

No, not really

Had R. Lee in it
Yes really

I'm sorry then. Try not to share your wrong 'opinions' too often

I really like both for different reasons. This is a far better made and acted movie though.

The Thing and The Fly are always the correct answers.

The ending way better too.

If we're going by what the original intended to be, a horror movie, and ignoring part 2 and aod (amazing top quality films) then yes. This is way more fun and "horror" esque than the original and I think raimi and Bruce have said they really enjoyed it. I really do hope they add redhead in to ash vs evil dead somehow next season since they canceled the aod sequel with her and Bruce.

the new Thing was terrible compared to the old one.

Ah the The Thing confusion that happens everytime...

The original wasn't that great anyway, 2 and AoD are the ones that are fondly remembered and for good reason. Still, this felt like too much of a bog-standard horror flick.

inb4 Feminism Awakens

The original is fantastic because of how much it manages to pull off with a shoestring budget and troubled production.

WHATS IN THE BAG?

THEY'RE GONNA HANG ME IN THE MORNIN'

OH GOD, NO! NO, NOT THE BEES! OHGOD MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

literally the most autistic criticism i have ever seen on Sup Forums

Keep trollin trollin trollin trollin WHAT

Jesus fuck, go and read
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(1982_film)
and sort your shit out.

This is one of the rare situations where they're both entertaining movies for completely different reasons.

Kill yourself
was great but it didn't have Vincent Price
Kill yourself

original and remake if Crazies were equally shit

The original Halloween may be ridiculously overrated but it's still better than this mess

The original is really cheesy but it's worth watching too, but the cast, cinematography and soundtrack of the remake are much better (It's very close but Geoffrey Rush was a better Price than Vincent)

H20 is really the only worthwhile entry in the series. Top tier slasher.

>H20 is really the only worthwhile entry in the series. Top tier slasher.
I'm letting you know that you just posted this

My favorite guilty pleasure of all time. Shame the sequels weren't as fun.

All I remember about that movie was that scene they ripped from Jacob's Ladder.

Really overrated, everyone except Pacino sucks and it's even worse when compared to The Godfather.

Which part do you disagree with?

Does Little Shop count as a remake if it's an adaptation of the musical? I know it was originally the old horror flick, but still.

Halloween 3 is the best of the series and it's not even close.

No, it's not.

On a broader note, it seems to be growing the number of imbecile hipsters who deny the obvious just because