When will Bruno Mars transition into a full fledged sex symbol?

I'm expecting him to go the Prince route and start wearing crop tops and heels on stage, any day now.

in about 2 feet

Kek

Also OP no one likes looking at that ugly mulatto

Why does he dress like such a piece of shit

too ugly

Prince was a semi-androgynous pop legend who oozed sex at every turn, and wrote some of the great sexually charged pop and funk of history. Bruno Mars basically just records sentimental throwback cuts that are the "For The Longest Time" of this generation. Everyone's dipshit parents and grandparents love Bruno Mars. Which is fine, they can like what they like, but my wife's fat mom getting the words wrong to Uptown Funk is a mini-testament to how cloying his material is. It's like a p-funk musical revue with all the air sucked out of it. He's the Pat Boone of his era. He makes Drake look dangerous.

I love you Piero Scaruffi

I'm not that Italian stinkbug

I kind of agree that BM is about as safe and milquetoast as Adele.

Ruined. Manlets on suicide watch

Bruno Mars is a mulatto? Since when?

He looks better than you desu

good post

Wrong. Teenagers and young adults like Bruno too, not just people's grandparents and parents. Bruno avoids overexposure and oversensationalism of his brand but does not mean he's trying to be safe. What's wrong with appealing to a mass array of audiences, isn't that what pop stars are supposed to do?
Furthermore, your criticism is seems riddled with biases and personal judgement rather than not.

You don't have to down an artist to put another one on a pedestal, pathetic.

>Teenagers and young adults like Bruno too, not just people's grandparents and parents.
So does Adele, but that doesn't make Adele remotely shocking or cutting-edge.

My point is, you seemed to make it that only older people listen to Bruno's music. Which is false because his concerts and the people who go out to buy his album/singles range from as young as 14 to as old as 63. There's nothing wrong with having mass appeal and getting a lot of numbers and supports off of that, MJ was the same way, so were a lot of 60s and 80s pop stars in their heyday. I don't agree with you making false equivalences either (Pat Boone's discography and lyrical content doesn't match Bruno's, who has gone from singing about sex to 'water down P Funk' as you call it) and trying to present your criticism as cool-headed and objective when it's nothing but slamming an artist for being marketed in a way you personally dislike.

I didn't say he was shocking or cutting edge, however the main factor to draw in a lot of audiences in the first place is either a good ass machine backing you up, charisma and a star power that can appeal to everyone, or both. You're really trying it.

And Prince wasn't semi androgynous. He WAS androgynous. So was nearly every male star in the late 70s and 80s. Fortunately for him, he became the face of that and he kept that image until he died.

Wow...it's almost as if my views are informed by...myself? This is criticism, killer, not journalism.

Pop music is...pop music, sure. But it doesn't have to be the toothless, dickless retread that Bruno Mars stamps out in elevator shoes.

>My point is, you seemed to make it that only older people listen to Bruno's music.
I never said that though. That was your own inability to interpret my post.

Again, you were trying to present is as cool headed and factual which I personally disagree with. You had an air of presumption in your posts and you were acting like you were well informed of something which in truth, you were not and you were speaking off your emotions and personal distastes. I may not like another artist but I am not faulty judgment enough to write long paragraphs with a serious tone criticizing an artist I dislike; and if I did, I would look at them from an objective view.

How is it toothless and dickless? What? Are we talking about the Bruno from all of his discography or the Bruno that got famous for Grenade and Just The Way You Are in the early 2000's?
You don't even seem well informed on the artist you're criticizing.

Your post was as plain and clear as your personal feelings for him.

>Everyone's dipshit parents and grandparents love Bruno Mars. Which is fine, they can like what they like, but my wife's fat mom getting the words wrong to Uptown Funk is a mini-testament to how cloying his material is.

What does this say?

Then you go on to say this

>He's the Pat Boone of his era. He makes Drake look dangerous.

How else am I supposed to interpret it? Enlighten me.

Adele still sells albums because she has a large chunk of fans over the age of 40.

I'm saying old people like Bruno Mars which is a real shortcut argument to saying "this guy is an uninteresting, vanilla pandering-machine".

And again, objective criticism is a pretend idea. No such thing exists.

Pat Boone worked primarily in sanitizing and whitewashing way more interesting music in order to make it palatable for conservative white teenagers.

Bruno Mars is sanitizing music that was dangerous and exciting...three decades ago. He's like an Elvis impersonator who doesn't dance or snarl.

*Early 2010's not early 2000's

Taylor Swift and Beyonce sell albums... Most of their fanbase consists of teeny boppers and young adults

His face looks like an Easter island statue.

Pat Boone was 70 when he was 25 desu.

Tip: you're talking to at least two people.

Objective criticism ISN'T REAL

It is possible to criticize something to the point without injecting your personal feelings on it....or at least to the point it isn't noticeable. Your personal feelings and distaste was extremely clear to me and that made your judgment cloudy and biased. You also seem ill-informed on Bruno as an artist and a producer, reinforcing my suspicions on your ability to actually give a insightful input.

> "this guy is an uninteresting, vanilla pandering-machine".

So someone is uninteresting and vanilla pandering just because older people like them? If an artist is charismatic and has star power EVERYONE will like them. It has always been that way. It's that way for Bruno. Just because older people like you too doesn't mean it's uninteresting. Guffaw.

>Bruno Mars is sanitizing music that was dangerous and exciting...three decades ago. He's like an Elvis impersonator who doesn't dance or snarl.

Bruno dances and has the technique and rhythm to back it up and he is also a producer, a lyricist, a singer/vocalist, a dancer, a performer, and multi-talented instrumentalist. Again you're exposing yourself as being ill-informed. Hint, DON'T pretend to speak on a subject you think you know if you don't.

I know I'm talking to two people, you both are parroting the same views so I might as well treat you as the same person.

He looks good to me and a lot of women like him that's all that matters desu

Are you Bruno's mom? What is your deal dude? You sound like a tool from /v.

Link me to some objective criticism.

This is really funny.

Bruno Mars is very lame and family-safe. I couldn't imagine many 60 year olds liking Madonna back in 1988.

>It is possible to criticize something to the point without injecting your personal feelings on it....or at least to the point it isn't noticeable

>.or at least to the point it isn't noticeable

I have had conversations with people in the past, personal and open in the public, when they criticize an artist or someone I dislike through obvious biases and judgement I don't take what they say seriously. People need to be well informed and at least give off the appearance of being objective and calculated when they criticize someone. Even if someone criticizes an artist I like and does it correctly, I'm not gonna get mad

Adele blows. She can't even come up with creative album titles, just...numbers.

IMO (watch that) Madonna was an attention whore and started the trend of hamfisting shock value into songs and artistic images as the guise of social and political "messages". Her peers in the music industry did not respect her and disliked her, including Prince himself. Prince did titillate and move the public and upped the threshold for male performers but I know a lot of of older people of the 1940's and 1950's generation who liked him or at least respected him.

Michael Jackson was an artist everyone liked. Including old and young people. Artists should try to emulate that. But they can't. Only EDM heads, stans, and gay guys like pop artists now save aside a few.

I don't see anything wrong with Adele, she is an amazing vocalist and her music is catchy and emotional. She has a dedicated fanbase and is one of the very few artists who sell big albums-wise.

I'd like to know what website this guy is copypasting from.

I'd be cool with that. He's pretty much the only interesting thing happening in mainstream music right now.

Why does Adele or Bruno for that matter need to be shocking or cutting-edge. Those are not requirements for good music.

ITT: Bruno Mars's publicists desperate try to advertise him on Sup Forums

I'm telling you right now Bruno Mars' PR doesn't even know of Sup Forums, nevermind Sup Forums, and he definitely doesn't need advertising on an obscure part of the internet