Need info on the process of seeing a psychiatrist. I need adderall to function properly...

Need info on the process of seeing a psychiatrist. I need adderall to function properly. I tried scheduling an appointment with a psychiatrist, but they told me I need to be referred to one by a psychologist. WTF is this shit. I need a damn prescription.

What was the process like for you? Did you go in guns blazing saying you need adderall, or did you come in saying you need help organizing your life, it's too hard, nothing works, etc and then prayed they gave you a prescription for adderall? How's it work? I'm trying to go the legit way (i definitely qualify, I just don't want to be labelled as drug-seeking)

Bump for interest

Yeah that's exactly how you should go about it, buy them online.

just go to the emergency room tell them your feel suicidal, maybe spend a couple days in the hospital and they will set you up

tell them you're voting for trump
they should put you on some heavy shit

Try vodka my friend is only thing that helps here in russia.

You could say you used to be on adderall in high school and found it helpful and were wondering if it would be worth it to try it again because you feel like you need help restructuring your life and functioning properly.

i've never even tried adderall though, but I meet every single fucking thing here:

Inability to notice small details.[1]
Being easily distracted from the task at hand by unrelated stimuli (noises, smells, people, etc).[2]
Inability to focus on tasks long enough to complete them.[3]
Frequently moving from one incomplete task to the next.[4]
Chronic procrastination.[5]
Disorganization and forgetfulness.[6]
Difficulty in social situations; specifically, an inability to stay on one topic at a time or stay focused while others speak.[7]
Excessive fidgeting, especially when seated.[8]
Impatience.[9]
Constantly interrupting others.[10]

I just went, talked about my life, and got diagnosed with ASPD and got prescriptions for lexapro, schizopra and magnesium valproate

If you are willing to pay for everything out of pocket, just go to an out of network psychiatrist.
Because it is out of network you don't need a refferal, insurance just won't pay.

did they ask you why you wanted to come in and speak to someone?

he interviewed my mom first (i was 17 at the time) and then me
and yes, they always ask you why you go seeking for help

Just say you feel like you could kill a bitch, they will help you real fast kek

>I need adderall to function properly.

nobody needs amphetamines to function properly. Maybe your proper functioning is just shitty. If you really need speed just man up and get some meth.

I take 70mg vyvanse daily and have a 10mg adderal booster for end of the day if shit is still on with my studies. I was diagnosed and went through all the hoops when I was a child and never actually bothered with treatment until college as it was unneeded. Honestly I was probably lucky but my parents have a psychiatrist they go to and I just went myself one day. He asked about my experiences ofc, and did a couple on the fly recall and organization tests but pretty much let me get whatever I wanted right then and there.

However I would recommend vyvanse over Adderall, I find it "cleaner" and not as easily influenced on its effectiveness by things such as frequent exersise and particular foods (not to say vyvanse doesnt require a pretty healthy lifestyle). I also have a tendency to be real edgy and have more nervous-ish energy, like a feeling I want to get up and do something but the thought of actually doing any of those things is irritating if that makes sense. I've taken vyvanse practically daily for a year now and have little to no side effects, in fact I've put on 15 lbs doing alot of lifting and gymnastics. Just be smart about it and don't think it's going to immediately solve your problems, it takes willpower to direct the focus it gives you on important things versus playing massive amounts of video games and vastly increased procrastination.

You would probably need to find a place you can be clinically tested and go through the process, and after that you can even get scholastic benifits such as increased test taking times etc.

bypass the psych department entirely. Go to your primary physician and thell them to write you a script. They will ask you some questions and give it to you

Shit i take 300mg of Effexor XR and 400mg of Seroquel everyday and im just fine
Fucking dick, cock sucking whore
Seriously just fine
Bitch

Mostly like you have Asperger, I have it to and there are no medicines against it

>life is a bitch

my insurance changed recently and i need to find a new primary.

how likely is a doctor willing to write me an addy script based on my first visit? (honest question)

The hell there isnt

just go to your family doctor, they can prescribe it.
Thats what I did, shit was easy.

>28 years old
>no family doctor
>family doesn't live in the same state as me
>insurance changed, need to find new doctor
>wife uses pediatrician still, kek
how willing is a doctor to write a prescription on a first visit