Juliette Binoche: I confronted Spielberg and Scorsese over lack of female leads

>Juliette Binoche said on Sunday that she once confronted Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese about why they did not make films about women.
Ma Loute (Slack Bay) review - Juliette Binoche goes mesmerically over the top in bizarre seaside comedy
>Binoche said Spielberg defended himself, reasoning that he had made The Color Purple in 1985. Since then, all of his films have featured male leads. Binoche turned down a role in Spielberg’s Jurassic Park that went to Laura Dern.
>“Saying no to certain films is as important as saying yes, because it really defines you,” Binoche said, recalling a similar discussion with Scorsese.
>“He has a very feminine side of himself,” Binoche said of Scorsese, another director with whom she has yet to work. “But for me, he doesn’t explore it [in his work].”
theguardian.com/film/2016/may/15/juliette-binoche-cannes-female-leads-film

When did actresses get so uppity?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/02/jessica-chastain-juliette-binoche-queen-latifah-freida-pinto-production-company-for-women-1201708744/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based Binoche.

>When did actresses get so uppity?

They've always been uppity. There's just more people willing to listen to their bullshit since the invention of the Internet.

Why she did not make movies about women ?

hey you male, why don't you portrait women the way women wants to be portrayed?

jesus christ...

It's not like Spielberg and Scorsese exclusively make movies ABOUT men. Most of their movies are about themes.

It's almost like men like making films about men

Nice that she asks two of the more commercially successful director about it.

See you when she cares about the people making films that never get a wide release. Oh wait she will never. Why? She's just a cash grabbing whore? Oh yeah ok.

>It's almost like men like making films that people want to see

Fixed that for you

>See you when she cares about the people making films that never get a wide release

She consistently stars in films that don't get wide releases but ok.

Exactly. The vast majority of these leftists want attention and money and are huge hypocrites

>want movie about women
>ask men to take care of it

B R A V O F E M I N I S M
R
A
V
O

F
E
M
I
N
I
S
M

why can't they make movies about things they like

>Saying no to certain films is as important as saying yes, because it really defines you

Yeah now shes the actor famous for NOT being in Jurassic Park

Because it's our job to do the things they're not passionate enough to do, only annoyed enough to complain.

Fuck. I realise I've become bitter but I'm really starting to hate women recently.

Any questions, whore?

>Saying no to certain films is as important as saying yes, because it really defines you

Saying no to everything that comes your way except what you like is the quickest way to be labeled unreliable. It says you have no range. It says you have no stamina. Male actors understand sometimes you just have to grind. You build up a standing. A presence. You might not be known for anything great, but they know you are willing to work. Once you've built that presence is when you can start demanding the films you want made. Or when you can start doing your own projects. Because people know you're good for it.

Demanding directors make things about you just because you exist is a little naive.

Will there ever be a female actor able to convey such strong emotions in silence as Juliette Binoche?

I always get sad when I think about that I'll never be able to hold young Binoche in my arms.

The fact that women have to complain to men to make movies about women is exactly why there aren't more movies about women. They have no drive to have what they want realized by themselves, they need men to do it. Why would anyone want to watch a film about someone like that?

yea she never ever makes non-wide release films. I forgot somebody else starred in Certified Copy, Three Colors Blue, Flight of the Red Balloon, and Code Unknown. Obviously a "cash-grabbing whore" who only stars in huge box-office smashes without care about movies she believes in. What a hypocrite. Never stars in stories actually about women just talks about it.

I'm pretty sure she has a big enough quality repertoire to pick and choose what she wants, and plenty of directors would be happy to have her in their movies.

Probably not. She's legit one of the greatest ever.

Maybe because as guys they are interested in male themed stories. Has she seen a Scorsese movie? Power and authority, crime, violence and seedy characters. Do those sound like male or female traits?
He makes movies about things that interest him, it obviously works and he's massively successful. He shouldn't be questioned about his decisions, he's Scorsese for god's sake.

She peaked too early

Don't forget her nonexistent prodcution company.

deadline.com/2016/02/jessica-chastain-juliette-binoche-queen-latifah-freida-pinto-production-company-for-women-1201708744/

Shame she doesn't put her money where her mouth is.

I don't really care since she has already put her talents toward where her mouth is...

>why don't you make films with female leads?
>I did, but i haven't for a while
>omg I had the same conversation with scorsesee, I guess people say no to some jobs and yes to others
>he has a feminine penis I think

and the point of this is what? non memeing, but what does she mean by this whole fucking article?

I was agreeing with you friend. Just adding that she actually is doing all the things these idiots claim she isn't.

No, shes demanding others do it for her because shes failing at it.

Ok, but uppitiness aside, she's in my top 3 for best performers working right now. You niggas need to see Certified Copy.

>When did actresses get so uppity?
When it became the 'in' thing.

There isn't a single demand in the article and she has her own production company.

>what does she mean by this whole fucking article?
"Oh, feminism is fashionable this season? HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT ME, I'M A FEMINIST."

The obvious argument is that there are few female directors and writers in Hollywood, which is why they must turn to established male directors for this. You'll say that that's because women either don't want to work there or they're not good enough. They'll say it's because Hollywood studios just don't give women the opportunity to create their own movies.

Too bad Kieslowski died, I bet she would be in more of his movies. Also why is she asking American flick directors when she has access to European kino ?

It's a bit of both desu

Maybe she's out of shekels

Very nice leads.

And now she will never be employed ever again.

Lol.

>Binoche turned down a role in Spielberg’s Jurassic Park that went to Laura Dern.
>Blaming other people when you had the chance

Pathetic.