Anyone here ever quit being an alcoholic?

Anyone here ever quit being an alcoholic?
Give me advice I want to stop.

Other urls found in this thread:

inhousepharmacy.vu/p-374-pacifen-10-baclofen.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Three years sober.

I went cold turkey.

I am alcohol free for 2 years now! Drinking alcohol on top of heroin is extremely dangerous so I don't drink anymore

I havnt quit for a day yet so I have no idea what happens.

The first 3 months are the hardest

Can you continue work? I am active about 6-7 days a week and drink when i can, but I dont even get drunk no matter how much I have.

Associate it with everything that you personally hate, and then hate yourself for associating with the thing that you hate.

fucked if i know man

i was clean for a year after going to detox after OD-ing on xanax and alcohol

relapsed due to stress

clean for three months

relapsed

clean for 6 months

relapsed

clean for 2 days now

dude if its really bad just go to rehab
or cop librium

why would you want to stop? life is only enjoyable if you have some sort of drug in your system

My experience with sobriety is that after 2 weeks most of the depression and anxiety that regular binge drinking causes will be gone.
Life will be more enjoyable up until the boredom sets in. Plus booze makes fun things even more fun.

No but my dad was a horrible alcoholic, he was a us vet so he got alot of help from the state so idk

I'm not a party type person. I could be so much more active and fufilling all aspects of my life if i didnt take drugs. I'd probably stop feeling so depressed too cause I'd have more energy to take all the mundane on and make it interesing.
At the moment all I do when I am being responsible is dreading my time and waiting to get wasted. Imagine if I didnt dread my time sober and could enjoy myself all the time.

You can't stop until you've had enough.

MJ did nothing wrong

Switch to beer

I've been considering quitting for almost a year now.

Started drinking when I was 18, currently 26,

I get drunk at least once a week... doesn't seem like a lot but from 22 - 24 I was drunk at least 2 - 4 nights a week.

Shit is in control of my mind.

Also try to aim to get a buzz and not get drunk.

I do, but its fattening and I find cheap whiskey the cheapest. I drink beers over 5% alcohol sometimes in the week when I am trying ot ween off alcohol and eventually quit. maybe I wil get regular beer and ween that way.

Its not as bad for you cause I drink liters of liquor a day and I can do it very fast. It doesn't matter I work all day and decide to stop drinking before bed i will find an hour or so to drink an incredible amount.

there is no middle ground for me. I will have to quit all together.

I dont know when i began or quit drinking. It's like my body makes it and consumes it automatically. I'm a walking brewery.

That's fine and dandy but to an alcoholic it's never enough until it's too much.

Too bad I'm not managing my bar anymore. I gave a free round for every 6 months worth of AA chips turned into me.

it may never be too much for me. I once threw up blood and as soon as I didnt feel pain in my stomach I started drinking again like nothing happened. I was sure I was going to die until I wasnt.

Buy some Baclofen online. It is a muscle relaxer that some people use to help with alcohol cravings

Don't be a bitch.
I'm a boss at quitting.
Cigarettes.
Adderall.
Alcohol.
8 years on all at least and I quit all cold turkey same time.

I picked up a few cigs here and there but I'm still drug free and booze free.
The addictions aren't as strong as they say. Just make sure to notice the cause of the symptoms.
Like "I'm sweating like hell it must be the booze withdrawal."
"I'm cranky as fuck it must be lack of cigarettes"
"I'm anxious it must be Addy withdrawal"
Once you notice the symptom you can then move on..asses the cause and tell yourself this is a good thing and that this is what you want.
With assessment you can turn the withdrawal symptoms into a positive in your mind. Not using becomes rewarding to your brain. Beating the addiction.

Here is a trust worthy online pharmacy.
inhousepharmacy.vu/p-374-pacifen-10-baclofen.aspx

I used them for years when I first started transitioning as a teen (t.trap)

Weening is for wieners I say.
And for procrastinators.

TOMORROW I THOUGHT YOU SAID TODAY

Cant take your advice
I would have to just man up to my dr and get something prescribed once he knows whats going on.

I cant tell if youre being ironic or trying to be cheerful

then don't be a fag and ask your Dr for help

This. Good man, great answer. How I keep my train rolling.

Don't use crutches to quit something.
When the crutch gives out you're right back on it dude

Wait, so you still do heroine?

I'm serious dude. That's the attitude you need. Don't procrastinate. Don't wean, weaning is just a nice name for using for another day or another week. It's a trap that people fall in to.

Cold turkey is the only way. Take vitamins drink a lot of water and summon the will power. It's possible. More than just possible it's highly probable. You know what won't work? Not quitting. Now do it!

I am not scared of feeling bad while I first stop. I am scared if it is safe and yes maybe I will have to consult my dr. He will back me up, but its a pain to go through the motions. Probably will do it cause I'm getting serious, but wished there was a way to stop with out having to expose myself and ask for help.

>clean for 2 days
Congrats faggot

Safe? The doctor isn't going to wean you off alcohol.

He's not going to say well have 4 beers on Monday then 3 beers on tuesday.

Imo just stop if you want to stop you're the only thing holding yourself back.
That being said if you're scared then don't take my advice and keep on drinking.

Everything in my life got fucked up the moment I talked about it. So I started keeping things to myself. Best decision I ever made.