Grimes or Claire Boucher

Discuss the musician known as Grimes with politeness to your fellow user.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The song is known for its harmonic sophistication and extensive use of inverted chords, including third inversions such as B7/A. The first chord of the verse (D major/A) is a non-diatonic chord. The tonic chord (E major) usually only appears with the major 3rd or the 5th in the bass. Stephen Downes named the song's "tonal plasticity" emphasized by the disuse of authentic cadences and root-position tonics as the reason for its "expansiveness". In musicologist Philip Lambert's opinion, the song's vocal counterpoint evokes the sacred traditions of a cantata by Johann Sebastian Bach or an oratorio by George Frideric Handel. Andy Gill describes the composition:
It’s really very like the way classical music works, like a classical opera, say Lakme by Léo Delibes. The melody rises and falls while the echo of that melody, sung by another voice, intertwines with it. Then it goes back to the verse, with its own melody, which is a variation on the chorus melody. As that is sung, the background voices provide an abstract, disconnected harmony. All the time, upfront, is the poetic heart of the lyric.

>The key gravitates between A major and E major,while the bass-line was written in a different key from the rest of the song. Music theorist Daniel Harris compared the song to an earlier Boucher composition, "Oblivion", as it both avoids a root-position tonic and suppresses a cadential drive. It also contains a step-wise descending bass-line like Boucher's other compositions on the Art Angels album. David Tomfield believed the barbershop flat seventh saved the song from "excessive sentimentality".

>After its instrumental linking passage, the key ascends to its fourth interval. According to author Jim Fusilli: "Claire came pretty close to writing herself into a dead end. There's really nowhere to go coming out of the bridge, which modulates to G major from D major but ends with a D major–A major–B minor pattern. Thus, when the song returns to D Major, it must do so from B minor, which is kind of a static change, particularly when the next chord is a B minor with only a slight variation in the bass." Along with the 8+4 measure verse/chorus scheme, Downes called the idea of a "bridge section in a related key" standard for rock/pop music, but adds: "What is different here, however, is how the move to the subdominant in the bridge conditions the tonal behavior of the entire song, which, though nominally in E Major, is characterized throughout by a tension between it and A major." The "choral fantasy" during this key change eventually concludes that "a clear sense has eluded us for the entire experience–that in fact, the idea of 'key' has itself been challenged and subverted", in Lambert's opinion.

>The song closes with perpetual rounds, a centuries-old technique that is not normally heard in contemporary pop music".

makes you think...

Do you guys think at one point in Claire's life she regularly visited Sup Forums?

this AI sure knows better than millions of humans

I don't think she has ever visited Sup Forums.org

That AI is pretty stupid. But even that AI got it right few times.

anything lower than godlike is unacceptable

>taking the time to make this and only including the ones that are positive
true autism

Daily reminder that Grimes would find these threads creepy and never speak to any of you

>"and never speak to any of you"
>people speak of their internet activity
kek, no

thats just plain not true

Art Angels II (2017)

It's from the archive, dummy.

still autism, not on your part.

I enjoy Grimes' colourful take on pop music.

I see no problem with that. Why Sup Forums users see autism everywhere?

Topical reminder that Grimes herself has almost certainly posted in these threads - and recently.

>believing pic related
you're must be an awful person, user

Grimes posted here in 2011-12

Reminder that this Ave Maria cover is not enough appreciated: youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4

is there anything she can't do?

at least he had to pay for all that stuff before he did that

One night of magic rush
The start: a simple touch
One night to push and scream
And then relief
Ten days of perfect tunes
The colours red and blue
We had a promise made
We were in love

posting in a grimes thread

source?

>screencaping your own post

>is there anything she can't do?
she couldn't rap in dothraki

I think the archive link is gone but she or someone else posted her lastfm

her lastfm was found using her nickname

she had a lastfm? How can you know it is her tho?

last.fm/user/chairmandore/library

Is Trudeau the real World Princess?

Grimes used the nickname chairmandore on her Flickr profile, the same as on her Last.fm profile. That's a rare nickname. As a matter of fact, Lauren Mayberry also used Last.fm before (laurenevemaybe) but she deleted it in 2012 after Chvrches became popular. She listened to a lot of indie rock and folk.

Listen to Crystal Ball (Daytrotter Session from 2011). You will not regret it.

I think you deserve a (You)

i don't think she likes trudeau as he approved pipelinies

Interesting stuff.

right on!

I guess auto-sage is finally off. Cool.

Isn't she super into anco

Thoughts on HANA?

kinda

i dont post here lol

She's really slim.

One might even call her a waif

shitty musician, mildly attractive person

who isn't

is there a musician as passionate about her art as Claire?

Too many to list

They are not as dedicated as Claire

second only to Grimes

rude

Björk

Yes they are and many are even more dedicated

Honest

Good answer.

Honesty and assholery are not mutually exclusive...

Being honest is fine but you are just being a dick on purpose

Do you think they ever practice kissing on each other?

>are not mutually exclusive
Sup Forums's favorite straw man. "Asshole" is subjective anyways.

Fine, I'll just mask what I say and pretend to feel a certain way to make others disregard realities that they should focus on but find uncomfortable to do so. That's a great idea.

>Sup Forums's favorite straw man.
In which case I guess that makes you a candidate for Sup Forums's favorite asshole.

>I'll just mask what I say and pretend to feel a certain way to make others disregard realities
>Developing social skills
Lol I guess it has to happen to everyone eventually - even you.

I know. I have social skills. What I say on a fucking imageboard is different from how I live my life.

Also, what I said here is in relation to how I am communicating .... on the internet. Obviously not irl. I would never walk up to HANA and tell her she's not a good musician and she's "mildly attractive."

#
#
Pretending what you say/do on the Internet has no bearing on what you say/do irl
user, it all still comes from you. Your behavior on the Internet is just as reflective of your nature as a human being as anything you do irl. The sooner you realize this the better.

Not really, mate. I'm just talking about being honest on the internet.

It's okay lots of kids just like you have autism too no need to grill this gentleman

How is this "autism"? I genuinely feel she is not a very good musician (from all the songs I have heard from her) and I personally don't find her attractive. Now I would never say something like this in person because I know it is rude and insensitive. Most people internalize harsh truths but they're not going to be rude and express them.

Scratch that. I read what you posted wrong.

true good looking pop star incoming

I randomly picked these aswell

jesus christ what the fuck are you doing you autistic fucknugget?

proving a point.

I dont know man im drunk as shit,
tired of grimes and want to prove everyone that my pop-fu is superior.

I'm not even cherry-picking. Literally just posting my entire Britney folder

Nigga, you're relying on a program to prove a shit no one cares? How autistic could you be?

But you guys did it aswell!

lmao yall.. a quick google search shows that all of these quotes are ripped straight off the wikipedia page for god only knows. Boucher-related stuff just filled in. this user didn't even source yall lol. i like grimes tho

not true, its Flesh and BLood

somebody posted indisputable proof that grimes is a slut on /hr/

>>/hr/2810389

delete this

gorgeous princess

thank god she got rid of that bowl cut

holy shit is this real?

what? post it.

she was caught fellating a guy.

You have only said things. Where is this "indisputable proof"?

obviously not.

then what is she doing?

You tell me. After all, you are the bearer of "indisputable proof." Or was that just bullshit?