ITT: Movies you didn't understand

ITT: Movies you didn't understand.

It's cuckino, you need a highly refined taste to understandit.

why not? sure it moves slow, but i enjoyed it

What about it didn't you understand? I'm a couple years removed from it, but I didn't find it particularly taxing,

Are you fucking retarded bro?

How can you not "understand" a movie? Fucking moron.

What didn't you get?

just watch it again but take note of all the names and events because they're all important.

The movie tries to cram way too much book material in too short a time

the movie is about random chance. There is no rhyme or reason to it and it affects everybody. Anton Chigurh is an agent of chance but he is ultimately bound by its constraints just like everyone else

"Women ruin everything"

Take the story from the point of view of TLJ's character being the protagonist and I think it makes the film more digestible.

there was nothing in this for me. I'm a big fan of sci-fi but it just seems like it was making some philosophical points that didn't lead anywhere and just used the plot as a vehicle to deliver them

who is tlj

Watch the original TV Series.
The movie was just a remake with forced homoerotica

Tommy Lee Jones

when you say "forced homoerotica" do you mean that one 30 second scene with Benedict Cumberbatch asking his boyfriend to leave?

Tinker Tailor is pretty aggressively boring and difficult to understand. The series was the same way. Still good though

The entire subplot, the ending was changed when he had to kill homoerotic love interest.

no I mean that night where I held you down and pounded your ugly retarded faggot ass

Oldman (Cuck) is a master spy looking for a mole, he discovers him through a paper trail and a series of inconsistencies having to do with Hardy (Bane).

what? The only killing is Mark Strong killing Colin Firth

Its about the practical limits of primitivistic nihilism, and HEALING.

Fuck this movie. I thought it was going to be a cool time travel film but instead I got "lol its SUPPOSED to be convoluted and confusing as fuck just rewatch it 20 times and take notes bro lol"

yeah this as well

it was just generic 1970s boringcore

It's not really a homo thing its more that British schoolboy/college thing where they experiment with each other and have feelings.

Kind of like whats alluded to in Bond when Silva touches him

It's just a thing that British upper class do sometimes, bugger each other and have platonic love, with buggering. I'm not saying its right or its any different from feminine penis but thats what they do and this is a view into that world.

Just watch the original series, it has far more information from the book in.

Never seen a more pretentious film.

It's a remake of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

8/10, almost thought these posts were genuine

Also he did it for the same reasons he banged smileys wife, to confuse them, bring emotions into it and make them unsure if he is the spy. Its Firth the master manipulator at work.

replying means you took the bait

Then I guess you haven't seen Interstellar. 2001 is extremely straight forward and easy to understand if you don't have an extra chromosome or two.

let me explain Boyhood:

Richard Linklater used to do good movies that consisted of people just talking to each other about philosophy, love etc. As time went on, he started jerking off about the premise itself without caring about the substance. Enter Boyhood: a movie where not only nothing happens, but also no one says anything worthwhile

>platonic love, with buggering

You are wrong, stupid and projecting for whatever reasons.

Boyhood is one of the great films of the decade and Linklater is one the top filmmakers of the century.

TWELVE
W
E
L
V
E

YEARS
E
A
R
S

you forgot to tell me how long it took but fortunately someone corrected your mistake

I suppose it's nice to be in the company of your own idiot kind.

it's alright, you can bask in the glory of your enlightened intellectualism. Maybe watch Boyhood some more because you hate your own free time

Still wondering about this one

Mulholland drive

Lynch has been trolling everyone for decades, there's nothing to understand

>inb4 someone rushes in to announce how the first part of the movie is a dream and the ending is reality as if that explains anything

>le plot
>le explanations

>le watch a movie but it's not really about the movie it's about le experience

You can meme about it, good. Now you should accept it as the truth.

just huff glue for the authentic Lynch experience without the hassle of downloading the movie

>TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPIER

aahh all is better now

I don't understand how anyone can sit through this garbage.

I marathoned it in four settings and thought it was breddy good

Brazil.

Which settings?

8X MSAA but I turned ambient occlusion off

This, my brain tells me I enjoyed watching it, but when I ask it what the whole thing meant, it gives me no answer.

I'll never watch Gummo because the other kid is so repulsive-looking

bigot

> my brain tells me I enjoyed watching it
because it's boylovers manifesto

Movies are only good for visuals, so why should I look at something repulsive?

It's also about TLG's character facing the fact that his country isn't the country he's in anymore. The Josh Brolin/Javier Bardem is the main focus of the plot but TLG is the main character.

>mfw watching this film at the tender age of 14

you're just stupid bro

This, I saw it recently and even tho I knew about it for a long time, something inside me was telling me to not watch it... I should have listened to myself. Or I'm just too fucking stupid to understand it

Because only faggots have your mentality?

I feel sort of bad for the people who didn't get at least part of it

>Final montage
>Connie.
>Rickie Tarr.
Prideaux and Haydon.
>Smiley.
>All disappointed in, all compromised by, love.
>Personal is the political.
>You're welcome.

Anons are right tho. Watch the miniseries.

>book shils trying to shit on a film on a film board

Are you a grill, btw?

I identify as a female, yes

>I identify as a female

I wonder why britain went to shit so badly

It's been confirmed that Lynch does surreal movies for the sake of being surreal. It's been his gimmick ever since he got success with Eraserhead

Read the book, it's better.

Following the plot isn't close to being the point.

I loved how the movie only gives you about as much perspective as the main character has about the plot. You will mever know the entire story, but thats what makes it great.

Probably the single greatest film of all time.

>people from the future, are actually from the past.
>and people from the past, they're from the future.