Where do I start with King Crimson?

Newfag here. I don't know how or where I acquired it, but I have had Discipline on my iPod for years but have never listened to it very often or given it much thought. The other day "Indiscipline" came on shuffle and smacked me in the face pretty hard, and since KC seems to be worshipped pretty hard around here, I figure you pricks could help guide me as I attempt to get into this band.

Should I just go chronologically? Are there any albums I should avoid or skip as a newfag? Did I spoil my experience by popping my cherry with Discipline?

For reference, I generally prefer dogshit music like Beefheart, Krautrock, early PiL, Scott Walker, and free jazz. Does this make me too gay for King Crimson?

Let a nigga know what's up.

>Should I just go chronologically?
yeah

go chronologically and skip everything except itcock, Red, and Discipline

can't be too gay for a band as gay as kc

ITCOCK, Red, Discipline

Lark's tongue any good?

yes, it's my second favorite KC album

>Where do I start with King Crimson?
You swallow a 12 gauge shotgun and pull the trigger

it's pretty much the GOAT King Crimson album

Just listen to Discipline first retard

And Lark's Tongues In Aspic. But yeah, those are their four noteworthy albums, and honestly I don't really care that much for Discipline, it sounds kind of dated to me.

Chronological like any other artist retard

Hell be fine.

I hate this threads, and stupid "where do i start" or "how to get in to" questions. Are you retarded? Just download the discography from rutracker in lossless and listen to some albums - keep what you liked, delete what you disliked. Is it hard? Why do you need to post about that?

>everyone ignoring starless

This one rips

I still haven't finished listening through all of KC's discography, but I definitely recommend listening to Islands and Lizard. I think they're really unfairly ignored because they're in between ITCOTCK and the whole setup with John Wetton and Bill Bruford, but I really like both of them, possibly even more than Larks' Tongues or Red.

Mah' Nigga'

You should start by paying for their music

HEALTH FOOD FAGGOT

my favorite kc album

Islands is a great album.

Thrakk and Power to Believe are pretty great too.

ConstruKtion of Light is meh. Title track is fairly interesting. Belew masturbation on the rest of the album.