Fuck me, you poptimist turboplebs were this right (just this once)

Fuck me, you poptimist turboplebs were this right (just this once).

This shit is incredible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lF-z0U7DABk
youtube.com/watch?v=roAkn53D3wk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Incredible is really pushing it

Favorite track? Mine is Your Type

It's a 7.5

still aoty 2015 and basically the best pop album ever

Mine is All that

Yeah sure, I'm being hyperbolic, but I respect anybody who has it as their 2015 AOTY

Boy Problems is my jam

Have you tried this one yet?

>poptimist turboplebs

amazing, OP, just amazing

LA hallucinations is great. Most of the album is great. I know it's bubble gum pop, but shit it's catchy.

Boy problems is a guilty pleasure.

not even close

i like side b more

decent, not a fan

Essential JUST core

So is this just babby's first bubblegum, or is it actually enjoyable and interesting - even if you're well-aware of the whole PC Music crew?

I loved Emotion but found side B really forgettable, IMO they were cut for a reason. Good on her for knowing how to pick the winners out of the 6 gorillion songs she wrote though

Did she actually write the songs tho

>implying higher isn't the best song out of both projects

It's not innovative or anything but it's a pretty immaculate mainstream pop album with terrific production

Toss up between Boy Problems and Warm Blood

OP do actually check out Kiss and the Emotion B-Sides, both really solid as well.

I think she probably writes the melodies/lyrics, but I doubt she does the production/instrumentals.
She has writing credits on all her songs, if that counts for anything.

>Warm Blood
Anyone else heard that a lot of people dislike Warm Blood?
I thought it was one of the best songs on the album and stood out.
I think Fantano was one of the people who said it was bad. (although he did overall like the album)

Side B does take itself so hilariously non-seriously that it's a bit forgettable, but dammit if it's not enjoyable in an irreverent way, even more so than most pop music

>just this once

yeah, no

The whole album is just a masterpiece of pop production, and to me Warm Blood stands out specifically in the voice's production, but I get that it's not a "bop" and that's a big reason to pick up a Carly record

Ok, I might give it a listen at some point. Are any people from PC Music, like Danny L Harle, involved in the production?

I didn't just come here to dance

YES
I remember it wasn't one of my favorites when I first got into the album, but now I can't sit still while listening to it!

HUGE, I don't think so.

>the real pop aoty 2015 incoming
Dude, you're impressed by a Taylor Swift - 1989 clone. Try the real thing now.

Tbh, I don't really get the hype behind this album. I listened to it and thought it was OK. I dunno, maybe it's because I don't really have any nostalgia for radio pop or anything like that or maybe I just don't get it. I'm curious though, what is it about this album that you guys like?

>The whole album is just a masterpiece of pop production

I agree. I enjoy it from a nerdy level. I wouldn't say "masterpiece" but no doubt the producers of this and her last album know what the fuck they're doing. Didn't like 30 people work on just one of her songs?

Kiss is better but EMOTION DOT DOT is great

Visions is a million times better than that trash.

Art Angels, trash? Dude, you have no idea what are you talking about. Disliking an album =/= that album is objectively trash.

The production's pretty bad. Boy Problems wants to be funky when it's stiff as hell. Gimmie Love has these ugly pitched-down vocals in what it supposed to be an upbeat track. Run Away With Me wants its chorus to be "explosive" so it robs the verses of volume and a bassline. I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance has an awful groove compared to the billion other house revival tracks out there. LA Hallucinations is overpowered by its drums.

She's an alright singer and songwriters, but there's better examples of both in the pop industry. One of them even wrote a song for CRJ. youtube.com/watch?v=lF-z0U7DABk

The original version of "Store" is better. youtube.com/watch?v=roAkn53D3wk

eh, i think the new version is good because it has more humor to it
the old version is more qt tho

When I Needed You

>ywn date carly rae jepsen
why live

I can't stand the instrumental at all

Yeah, nah. It's a solid and very respectable pop album but it's not that great. You can all take your "P4K gave it a BNM and it's pop so that makes it way cooler to me than it actually is" glasses off now.

Agreed

Don't talk shit about Gimmie Love

I like some pop music and I found this album boring/bland and seriously overhyped on this board. I dk, man.

gimme love

Run Away With Me, obviously

stellar production but the hooks are seriously lacking.

I will defend Boy Problems to my dying breath you piece of shit.

ewwwwwwww

If you ever find someone who listens to Carly Rae Jepsen almost obsessively, give that person a hug. Because the people that can relate to that music have been through hell and are probably still there.

Objectively the best pop album. Indisputable.

*CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye

t. babby's first "not like the OTHER pop albums" pop album

the first side is garbage, only the more experimental stuff on the second is any good

>the first side is garbage
oh fuck you

Carly turned that song into gold

i literally don't get it. i fucking love pop music and i've never gotten the appeal of this album. it's not that catchy, it's not that dancey, it's not that original, it's not that lyrically incredible. help me see this as anything other than a less-mainstream 1989?

It's just pop music, bro. If you don't get it, that's okay. It's frothy songs about love and dancing.

>Objectively the best pop album. Indisputable.
I don't know about you, but I prefer Visions. Way more experimental, innovative and enjoyable.

yeah bro i know it's pop music, but i don't get why people think it's especially good pop music. pop music totally has a quality spectrum, just like any other genre does, and i dont understand why people think this album pushes the top of that spectrum

Boy Problems
EMOTION
All That

objective top 3

Got to see her live in Minneapolis. Fucking fantastic.

Boy Problems has the best video if nothing else. And that's saying something because I loved Run Away With Me's.

I don't know. Fever and Higher were pretty dank.

Would that be a bad thing? I liked 1989.

le BIIIIG SKKYYYYYYYYY, kate bush is now black XDDDDDDDDDDDD

>kate bush is now black
what?

oh dear I think this user had an aneurysm while posting

Warm Blood is my favorite track, turns out Rostam from Vampire Weekend produced it too. I probably one of my favorite songs from 2015.