Count of Monte Cristo

What's the best Count of Monte Cristo adaptation, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-goyer-direct-count-monte-429489
youtu.be/OnNd5XVFKOM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums for vendetta

Read the book instead.

the anime tbqh

The book.

Gankutsuou is amazing, though.

that 2002 movie is not an adaption

they wrote another story and slapped the name count of monte cristo on it

Read the book, fuck adaptations.

>MUH DOWNER ENDING

Faggot.

The one on the left.

It doesn't stay faithful to the book but who gives a shit?

this.
but it would have been a lot better without the homo subtext and if they would have put franz and cristos meeting before rome in.

1998 miniseries or fuck off.

It's honestly Gankutsuou, which is crazy considering it's set in the future and involves space vampires and shit.

They need to make a big budget mini-series if they want to do anything like a full adaptation that follows the book.

The revenge was the entire point of the novel. The 2002 movie dropped it for more relatable, believable characters. The novel didn't have a downer ending either, new life sprouted, happy and free.

This. We need a BBC One mini series.

Careful what you wish for.

>David S. Goyer will direct an adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo.[26]

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-goyer-direct-count-monte-429489

>a "We want the Game of Thrones audience!" Monte Cristo miniseries
christ please no
Just leave it alone, we don't need yet another adaptation. Now look I'm not even one of those >MUH BOOK WAS ALWAYS BETTER fags but people should just read the damn book. It's so damn good and yet still amazingly accessible, even for a today's remedial throwbacks who've never read anything longer than the ad copy on a package of chicken tendies.

Most people have read the book, which is why they want a proper adaptation...

I read the book and I don't want an adaptation because it would be fucking stupid.

Why are you even on the TV and film board if you don't like TV and film?

Haydee > Mercedes

Anyone who disagrees is literally a cuck. Dantes knew this so he bought a slave princess.

But the book is as big as Infinite Jest.

Nice reductio ad absurdum. I like television and film, that doesn't mean I believe they're the best mediums for every single story. There's no way to go but down when you attempt to adapt something that works as perfectly as this one does in its original form.

*best media, whatever

>DOWNER ENDING
>Sailing off in the sunset with a Greek Queen and a stash of gold
I guess it's a downer ending cause I'll never have that in my life.

>1998 miniseries
You mean the one where Depardieu is supposed to have spent decades in a dungeon and still manages to be a fat fuck?
Also that ending was shit because he goes back with Mercedes the whore.

>It's so damn good and yet still amazingly accessible
It's amazing how good it still is. Dumas would have loved cinema for sure.

Force yourself to read at least 5 pages everyday. You won't be able to put it down. You will not regret it.

No doubt about it.

I watched one episode of the anime and thought the style looked cool but I wasn't drawn in that much.

Just I give it another try?

It starts off a little slow, but once the story gets going you wont be able to stop watching.

Gotcha, the book had me in from the get go because Dantes gets sent to prison pretty fast and the whole revenge plot start building up.
The anime seems to start at the Rome carnivale, which is not a bad starting point but doesn't give you as much a desire to know where shit is going.

The anime is generally told from Albert's perspective, which is why it begins where it does.

Interesting perspective, I'll try to stick to it this time then.

I thought Albert was the weakest character in the anime. Not sure why the writers added Homolust between him and the Count when the count already had best girl Haydee.

>Not sure why the writers added Homolust between him and the Count
In the book, there's a form of admiration from Albert towards the Count, and some kind of endearment from the Count towards Albert since he's the child of the woman he loved 25 years before.
It's not really homolust in the book, it's just 19th century love between two hetero men.

The Count of Monte Cristo was the original anime.

>best girl
>haydee

That's not how you spell Peppo.

is there also a tranny in the books?

it's kind of weird that they turned franz gay while making danglars daughter hetero

>robots
>vampires
>traps
thank you japan

God tier ED theme. youtu.be/OnNd5XVFKOM

>baby's first novel

seriously the book has literally no depth, how many have you read to think it is "good"?

What's albert like in the book? In the anime they make him out to be very dumb

He's real cocky and smug but he's kind at hart. Not dumb in the slightest but a bit spoiled.

>the book has literally no depth
It's an adventure book, not the Republic by Plato.

I dropped the 2002 version when Superman snapped Edward's neck. Can't believe they put that in there.

There's a pretty good miniseries done by the french in the late 70's, early 80's that is the best for me, sadly I've only ever seen it in french and no subs, after that one the animu.

Yes, actually. But he's only mentioned a couple of times if I remember correctly

bumo

I personally got tired of it. The Monte Cristo elements get lighter and lighter and I pretty much dropped it when the Mech fights started and the gay boy stuff got more blatant