So on Wednesday Artem Vaulin (Suspected owner of KAT) was arrested in poland and the USA is trying to extradite him to...

So on Wednesday Artem Vaulin (Suspected owner of KAT) was arrested in poland and the USA is trying to extradite him to them so they can get money out of him. So they say he is the cause of billions of dollars lost profit. But I say that's a lie. A lot of people that pirate won't buy the said item (Say movie, tv show, book) due to many reasons ranging from location to even cost of the said item. It's not lost revenue if there isn't going to be a sale in the first place. I'm not gonna go out and spend $15+ to go see a movie once in a theater or $20-40 for a copy of the movie itself, I just don't have that kind of money to just spend on entertainment. I rarely have money left over after each pay (fortnightly) and if I do its about $10-15. But games on the other hand I know a lot of people will pirate games and try them out and if they like them they may go and buy the item online. Because they don't want to waste their money. But some don't due to being very expensive or a waste of money. So still there is no loss in revenue because they aren't going to buy it. But I know a lot of people say "Well if you can just get it for free why pay for it." Well we know paying for it supports developers/production teams to create new products for us to enjoy. Just a lot of people out there can't afford to do that. And also on the said note of supporting developers, buying a pre-owned game is not supporting the developers at all. None of that money goes to them they go to whomever you bought it from. I personally don't see the big issue with pirating, there are a lot more shit going on in the world to worry about than people downloading things from the internet. And companies still make millions if not billions profit so they have no reason to complain.

Well Sup Forums that's my thoughts on the matter and I want to know what everyone else's opinions are too. I know this would go one somewhere like /news/ but went there and it was dog shit. So I'm more interested in what Sup Forums has to say.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickasstorrents.website/
change.org/p/https-www-justice-gov-free-artem-vaulin
petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/free-artem-vaulin
youtube.com/watch?v=3L4YrGaR8E4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The word is succinct. You should learn it.

Nice blog

This is actually great advice.

sure ...
now, what u insterad of KAT now ?

I'm quite confused on what you mean, but I'm thinking you are meaning what I wrote is too long and you didn't read it? That's what you meant by succinct?

>now, what u insterad of KAT now ?
What?

He means "keep it short/concise".

I think onion may be up.

You could have literally got your point across ten fold by summing it up in 2-3 sentences. Hell, you could have even asked "Opinions on Artem Vaulins arrest?" and it would still be a better OP

Thought so. Well I guess I'll do a Tl;dr

Guy get's arrested, Merica is still butthurting over pirating. Bigger shit to focus on other than pirating. Pirating doesn't affect companies making money buy much. Some people have no other choice other than pirate (due to location or money). What do you guys on Sup Forums think

On a side note, since this is probably the place to ask (fuck Sup Forums), what do you think of OpenVPN on *Nix?

Kat.am, dxtorrents.com

Because of Those torrent sites im able to Try Games out and if i like it ill buy it and i Would not even be buying all those games i have if not for the Torrent sites To let me try them out so it Creates income too and Mouth to mouth advertisement about people Talking bout the Game.

Tried it once, I personally had a lot of issues with it but that was back in the early days of it. The VPN itself is not all that great but that is just my personal opinion. Some people may have a better experience but for me it was shit.

it doesnt matter what we think, the businesses and politicians are screwing over the normal people and we just let it happen.

Hey speds posting links thinking those are revivals of KAT, they're all cached websites. There isn't another version of KAT, yet.

There isn't a new version of kat out but IsoHunt have put up a mirror they had of stored files from Kat and they said they do not know how long then will be able to keep it up but it has torrents from the past year or so on it

kickasstorrents.website

evevrything i pirate, music, movies, anime, i nvr bought these things. i got cds as gifts, movies maybe a few times, nvr anime. indeed ur right in my case. no revenue was lost from my pirating as i wod nvr have bought any of these things, well maybe a movie here and there. shit maybe if i give em 30bucks for the movies i dl they will gives us back kat.

Soooo if you wouldn't buy it, it's ok to steal it. Just say it. The rest is just a failed attempt to justify your broken morals.

if anyone wans some torrents sites to move to here r a few. demonoid, extratorrent,isohunt.

I torrent movies and music because after many years of pating for sub par shite with no recourse for recompense I have more than paid for what I now get for free.

Games I torrent to see if I like them and how they run on my system. If I lie them and they run well I buy them or get them on steam.

Fuck's given?

thx for the site, it looks diff. gonna miss this place.

To replace : kickasstorrents.website/

How do we protect him from america?

I was wondering what happened to KAT

Fucking piece of shit corporate dictators..

And what brings you more prosperity and better choices instead?

I'm waiting.

There's currently a partition going on on change.org and whitehouse that will send some shit to the department of justice blah blah blah in america for the release of artem, but doubt it will do anything but here are the links

change.org/p/https-www-justice-gov-free-artem-vaulin

petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/free-artem-vaulin

Pretty valid point OP. Also, It's pretty much free promotion for their production company. If the viewer likes what they see from them, then they will more than likely pay them for the entertainment next time.

Capitalism is just evolved feudalism. How about a system the gives the proletariat the means of production? How about one that doesn't alienate people or doesn't see profit as the only motive to do anything.

Capitalism was just a scam used by the bourgeois to keep workers at the bottom.

yup, indie bands put their music up on torrents sites for the exposure

They would sale you the air you breath if they could..

the vast majority of people who pirate do so because they don't want to or can't pay the price of a product. we agree.

a large number of the people who pirate do so in order to test run a product before buying (or deciding not to). this is true, and one cannot fault them.

corporatism is all about lies, deception, and misdirection. in that vein, nothing that is stated by a corporation can actually be considered truth, ie; a 10 million dollar loss is actually a 10 million dollar shortfall in their (optimistic) profit projections. they aren't losing the money, they just didn't make as much as they wanted to, or told their shareholders they would make.

so in reality; nobody is actually losing money. what happens is that a product gets pirated, and the truth about it gets around. yes, that means the comapany loses money, but it's money that's not being stolen from on-line buyers (ever try to get a refund for an on-line purchase?).

on-line piracy is more about consumers protecting themselves than about actual theft of products, a truth that the corporate world does not want to hear. it prevents them from profiting by ripping off consumers.

we aren't pirates, we're savvy consumers. we don't want to, and won't, pay for shitty products that we can't examine thoroughly beforehand.

corporations should quit crying about perceived thieves and start putting out decent products.
if i can't test run your product i certainly won't buy it, and if all you offer me is the examination of a product that has features disabled, i'm still not buying.

yes. i'll pirate your product, but if i like it, and it does what it claims and if it's what i need it to do, then yes, i will buy it.

but i won't just dump my money on it because you say it works. i've learned the corporate world can't and shouldn't be trusted. ever.

I remember when I was growing up they said illegal downloads would destroy the music, movie, and game industry. As we all know those industries are thriving more than ever. Movies are higher budget than they've ever been. Trying to squeeze pennies out of our most economically desolate should be a crime. Torrents are one of the greatest thing to happen and they want to take it away from us so they can get a few more pennies. Those capitalist pigs should be shot.

>Well we know paying for it supports developers/production teams to create new products for us to enjoy.
'The kindness of strangers' is a retarded business model.

>I know a lot of people will pirate games and try them out and if they like them they may go and buy the item online.
And I know several people who used to buy a fuckton of games but who now pirate everything and never spend money on games or movies anymore.

Yeah, you not getting the latest Hollywood movies for free is oppression.

Jesus fucking Christ, is this a leftypol raid or something?

That's why steam just made 4 billion dollars in game sales in 2015.. yea their industry is suffering hard.

So you suggest these people not get access to something they could never afford even though it literally costs nobody anything. I don't see why they have to throw people in prison so they can get 1% more profit. These are the sort of things that cause economic disparity, not help it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3L4YrGaR8E4

I just hope millennials aren't so weak they let the capitalist pigs finally win.