Hanging out at hotel, killing time

>hanging out at hotel, killing time
>switch over to ESPN, cut the chord years ago and figured I'd see if they were recapping baseball for once
>they start highlights for Diamondbacks and Dodgers from Saturday
>show the memetier highlight of the umpires taking foul balls of their masks in the 1st
>cut straight to the walkoff in the 9th
>change channels

Holy shit, I know ESPN was fucking garbage and TMZSports these days, (hence why I stopped paying for cable and stream all of my live sports) but is this really what sports coverage has come to? Multiple "plays" of some special interest trivia and one actual highlight? No wonder those faggots have lost 10 million subscribers in a few years.

Espn is literal shit. It's all about bleacher report and bar stool sports.

>bleacher report

bleacher report has way too much fluff

>chord

>baseball
>highlights

"Here's ball #604 from game #362, and here's the outfielder running and making a catch. Wow, what a catch, let's spend a few minutes praising that catch even though that's literally what the player is paid to do and thousands of other players can also do that same thing."

"Haha, I tell ya, that reminds me of that one catch a hundred years ago, remember that one? This is why we love this game."

sports highlight shows have been unwatchable for a pretty long time

just a race to the bottom of cucky dweebs trying to imitate chris berman or make it the daily show for sports

same thing in radio with everyone trying to be Stern

The only sports highlights that seem to get it right is Football highlights, they'll show a good run or a couple touchdowns.
Everything else should keep it simple, if it's baseball, show a homerun, if it's Basketball, show a dunk or a couple 3's or even some broken ankles. Soccer, a goal or fancy dribble.
But instead they just talk about tweeting and fucking media bullshit

How politically charged are the segments on ESPN?
I assume they are left leaning since they are owned by Disney.

Bingo.

Do they even air Baseball Tonight anymore?

As a pre-game show before the Sunday Night game. Other than that, don't think so. I'm not sure they really even acknowledge baseball outside of Sunday nights anymore. Gotta leave more time for race-baiting and updating us on what LeBron had for breakfast this morning.

This.
Fucking espn only covers meme athletes and race baiting.
Fucking stanley cup will be in game 7 and they won't even mention it.

Back2reddit faggot

the most cancerous is basketball, one time it was literally 2 white women talking to eachother

with that being said, I get just as annoyed when it's fat neckbeards and manlet jews talking about "the mood in the lockerroom" like they know fuck all about that

>sunday night baseball
>color commentary is done by a woman
> explaining the mechanics of the game and what is going on in each situation like she knows anything about baseball.
I hate when non-athletes explain mechanics to me. Pisses me off.

I watch NFL highlights and they are OK in that you get most of the action even if it is really brief. The style is really odd to me though - it always seems to be a white guy describing the action a bit whilst 4 or so black former players try and edge in with enthusiastic comments over the top of one another. I guess it works but it could be done better.

As sport highlight shows go match of the day gets it right for football. Each game is properly recapped so you know all the key points of the game, the background in relation to the league and then there is at least a slice of analysis in the studio. Watching your team's highlights can be around 10-15 mins of good stuff instead of your NFL team's 3 min breakdown of a 3 hour game. When the Lions do something good for once I want to revel in it a little longer than that.

>not getting your sporting news directly from actual reporters via Twitter

kys my man

Back to watching the Trump convention, Grandpa

makes no sense, how is that SJW?

checked, but wow I seriously hate you if you are actually voting for Hillary and not Trump, just go commit a terrorist attack instead of voting because you're enabling that

>actual reporters
like who, exactly