ask what ever you like

Yes i'm currently drunk

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/fql8h
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_staff
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whats ya drinkin'?

What made you start drinking?

I'm currently on my 18th can of Heineken with 3 more and a half bottle of gin to go

In Ireland it's a culture

Saint patricks day was the first time I drank at 12 years old

I developed an instant love for it

Fuck ur good. Im on my 4th vodka lemon and rolling some pot

i was going to make fun of you but then i remembered im a drug addict

Functioning alcoholic here....I know it's only a matter of time though. I usually start drinking around 8pm every night but I know there's going to be a time when that time gets earlier and earlier. I feel ya, OP.

It's not something i'm particularly proud of to be honest.However after this long I function better with it than without it,I work at a bank and i'm on a decent salary.My apartment is rather nice and spacious and I have obtained both whilst under the influence of alcohol.I went for a job in a higher position and was refused and to this day I blame it on the fact that I showed up to the interview sober.

I used to start threads like this all the time. Late at night when the booze started to drown me out, when the loneliness started to cut through the blanket of numbness. You ever think about quitting?

If you can still function well under your addiction and hold down a job then don't feel too bad about it because if you can do those two things then it's pretty much the same as being a smoker,You still function and the only person you're hurting is yourself

But i can bwlieve u write that good after so much alcohol. Thia is fake

Fellow irish fag here. Where u from lad. On the way to drunk aswell.

Cheers!
Cheers?

It's not the time that's affecting you.You're probably the same as me I do not feel that I NEED alcohol.I merely love it and want to keep it in my life I felt if i truly wanted to stop it or had to stop it i'd see little problems.I would not like to be told that I HAD to stop I just love alcohol and do not want to stop

Never really thought about quitting I have thought about reducing only.

It isn't fake.After a while you function better with it than without it.Just look at Christopher Hitchens he could only function under the influence and he also was quite articulate even whilst he was under the influence of so much alcohol that would "Stun your average horse" To put it in his words

In the same boat as OP. Though I don't drink that kind of amount. I drink abour 12 cans of beer every night. 26 year old as well.

My dad's an alcoholic too, he's from Tipperary but grew up in Leicester (England).

Dublin

cheers

If you can function well under it and don't want to stop i'm not going to encourage you or discourage you it's your life you can do what you want.The only advice I would give you is keep your job and cleanliness under control as long as you're hurting nobody else I don't see any problems apart from your liver and kidneys

It's just one of those things if he wants to stop he may if he doesn't he will carry on drinking,I assess my life expectancy to be roughly 50 so I will not be having children as I would not like them to be upset at losing their father at a young age.

What are you drinking? I am drinking the cheapest lokal piss after my initial 3 decent beer.

I'm drinking heineken for no other reason that it's on offer.Some say
>It's not about quantity it's about quality
Others say
>It's not about quality it's about quantity

For me both are equally as important.

Why do kids think that having an addiction is cool?

probably the same reason you find it necessary to insert yourself into our conversations and ask that question

I am kinda worried about my liver though. But not worried enough to stop drinking I guess. I think people usually start to panic when it's too late. I'm not any different I suppose.

It makes us edgy.

>you function better with it than without it

no, there's a point you can only function with alcohol. but a chronic alcoholic will never function better with it than without it.

i believe alcohol is the most dangerous drug to withdraw from followed by benzodiazepines

Well that is very true I mean i'm sure the likes of George Best didn't care about that even after his second liver transplant.I however have no fear of dying or anything of the sort you on the other hand show a clear fear for dying so my advice to you would be cut it down gradually and if you cannot do that then perhaps the fear of your liver being destroyed may scare you enough into cutting it out altogether but overall the choice is yours and there is help for those who want it.But try to cut it back would be my hypocritical advice because I drink far more than you do but if you can feel you can cut it back even a little bit then do it.Or if you can't drink as much water as you can from the moment you wake up to the hours leading up to your first drink and it will greatly reduce a lot of the damage

been sober a little over 2 years. i remember saturdays on Sup Forums getting hammered, just waiting for a thread about being an alcoholic so i felt a little less alone. i'd probably be passed out by now tho, waiting to wake up and do it again.

i don't miss that feeling at all.

if you're looking for a way out, there is a solution.

Your health condition?
I also used to drink alot and my whole body is basically fucked
It tooked about a year to get it half way in shape

I would class myself as an alcoholic not a chronic alcoholic and do feel i function better with it than without it and I have shown I function better with it in such situations as job interviews but I would never be so stupid as to think I could drive under the influence

You worthless piece of shit posted "Ask an alcoholic anything". Well, I am asking. Do you watch to many seth rogen movies and think that dependency to literal poison will make you one of the kewl kidz?

I remember the days well. I have about 6 months but man i dont miss it one bit. Waking up covered in piss and shaking. No thank you. How'd you do it?

actually im the drug addict. the alcoholic is this one ()

i must say. you are quite the cunt

How did you do it?

>I would class myself as an alcoholic not a chronic alcoholic

you should probably google the word "chronic"

>I have shown I function better with it in such situations as job interviews

basic mathematics shows us that an example is not a proof. what you're talking about is that feeling of "getting right" before a situation. hordes of alcoholics know what you're talking about. i remember realizing i just wasn't equipt to handle situations sober because i hadn't done it in so many years.

Ignore him,I would like to let the record show that I gave you a polite answer which was

Fair enough.Well then I am a chronic alcoholic.You could call me a super duper 24 karat mega alcoholic.It doesn't make a difference

I drink every night substantial amounts however I do it at about 8pm

I would class a chronic alcoholic as somebody who drinks a substantial amount from the moment they wake up in the morning

i tried staying sober by myself but i failed every time. i didn't want to just "not drink" i wanted to live sober and find peace with it. i eventually gave up the idea of being sober by myself, i realized i needed help.

i did it 1 day at a time with the help of others who had done the same. i replaced my drinking with a new solution. i helped other alcoholics.

i became a member of alcoholics anonymous.

>It doesn't make a difference

if it didn't make a difference to you, you wouldn't feel the need to distance yourself from the term. it clearly matters to you.

i remember being okay with myself as long as i wasn't "that kind of alcoholic"

"at least i don't live under a bridge" "at least i don't drink and drive" "at least i don't....." eventually i realized it didn't matter. i was unable to control the amount of alcohol i drank once i started drinking. that's it. we're all the same from there.

are you an alcohol?

ma'am your son has been killed. the driver was an alcohol

I don't distance myself with any term.Call me a chronic alcoholic if you like i'll call myself that if you want it makes no difference to me an alcoholic is an alcoholic and my addiction is no better than anybody elses

when are you dying? 30?

Classic

How does it feel knowing you could have done something amazing with your life but you chose to be high instead?

how do you feel most of the time? depressed? angry? nervous? anxious? how do you feel, when the comedown sets in? do you even come down, or do you go on drinking? how do you manage your life? do you have a job? a girlfriend/wife?

people who started drinking in the first place probably wouldn't be able to do something good with their lifes. believe me, i know. i never was able to do something. somking weed everyday helped me, achieve at least a bit.

there are people who drank every day for decades andgot pretty old. bukowski died at the age of 74

Have you taken other drugs?

How would you compare them (and your use of them) to alcohol?

Oh shit youre 26 and drunk too? Me too!

Do you like whisky?

Have you anything to recommend?

i stopped smoking weed after 14 years of daily consume. i had so many problems and felt like shit every day and thought, it was the addiction. after i stopped, my life got so boring. then i rememberd, why i started in the first place. because my life sucked before and weed made it a bit better for some hours a week at least.

my dad is also a alcoholic,
alcohol seems to be put before me.

how does an alcoholic justify things like this?

>Not op.
Alcoholism is a disabling illness. It would kind of like how cancer would do the same.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. Just that it sucks for everyone involved.

Just fuck it.

imgur.com/gallery/fql8h

jack kerouac died, because alcohol makes your gullet somehow thinner and at one time broke open and started bleeding heavily into his stomach. poor guy puked a lot of blood, before he died of blood loss

Quit a 4+ liter of rotgut over proof vodka and a few beers in between a week habit just 2 years ago. I quit cold turkey. Dangerous but it worked. Took lots of passion flower, kava, vitamins and valerian root. Acute withdrawal took about 5 days. Had bad PAWs for another 12 months. Then clear sailing. I don't miss it at all. I would have been dead in another 10 years for sure.

Get help people, if you get insomnia and sweats at night when you don't drink you are an addicted person. Get off the wagon before it's too late.

Know the feel fam. Currently having mild withdrawals coupled with a sickening hangover. Contemplating no longer drinking but it's probably just the post fuck up guilts. Got ripped on a 750 of moonshine and huffed duster with my buddy until 5 AM, at which point I blacked out for a minute and started laughing insanely and loudly, waking my 6 other roommates. Also quit my job yesterday after being told repeatedly I'll be kicked out if I do. So I'm holed up in my room being a nauseous avoident bitch.
Good times.

Yeah you need to stop huffing is some next level dumbass shit. You are destined to be a bum sucking strangers off for a bottle of wild Irish rose doing that shit.

Hangover tips?
>that god damn ever-presence of nausia saying "fuck you, don't fucking move!"
Fuck me.

No answer?

Who said anything was cool?

Been homeless before. Like 2 years. Shit was lit and chill. Don't need to suck off strangers. I actually became a mild internet celeb while I was hoboing. Had people between Mississippi and California recognize me and kick me down. Google Image Search "we need weed" second pic is me. Yolo cholo

Water,banana,darkness, Sup Forums

>banana
>Sup Forums
user I'm not suicidal, I'm not going into ylyl threads

how does this make you feel, OP?

>literally too broke to be an alcohol.
>piss away any money i make on booze
>love the effects but not addicted
>cant stop
addicted?

Mentally addicted but too poor to be physically addicted yet. Don't worry user. Keep trying and you'll get there

mental addiction to numbing id guess.
i was the same with mj when i went to a state with dispensaries.
harder to get here. so booze it is.
you're right though. i just gotta keep trying. ill get to throw my life away in one pointless addiction or other eventually. just gotta secure that good payin job.
and dont piss it away too

Everyone eventually throws life away. That's the fun. Whether it be with a family in a nice neighborhood or as a piss bum, we're gonna dissolve back into nothing, so just pick what feels best for you. You could try being a server man. Daily excessive cash and everyone else in the restaurant will be on something so plenty of hookups. Also if you can walk the line your boozing will come off as charming thus giving u more shekels. I believe in you

i had some friends that did exactly this.
but im on Sup Forums for a reason. im hella introverted. socially awkward.

wtf is a ''server man'' ?

why are you drinking such shitty beer?

like a waiter id presume

yes

Yeah I feel that. But the booze will bring out your warmer side and as long as you don't fuck around to the point of dropping shit you'll be fine. Introversion is easily cured by exposure to uncomfortable situations. It'll get easier very quickly. You just have to be willing to say fuck it and not be discouraged by the extreme cringe you'll feel.
Server,man. Stupid fucking faggot. Did you feel witty or do typos litterally send your sperglers into orbit?

You mean a waiter?

true enough. ive done it before i guess.
except for me drinking too much just means running my mouth about things i ought not in places less than ideal.
of course at the time, its funny as fuck to me. but when i sober up. i realize i was the cringe. and half the time things i said or did was just.. wrong.

This is how I feel about weed. Just don't let it consume you. Habits aren't always bad, but addictions are.

ive seen this thread so many fucking times scrolling through the front page that im going to go buy alcohol right now and getting drunk

I feel awful after thrid cup and i LOVE beer
Holy shit dude, try to get that stats lower time after time, you won't survive your 50's like that

I have to work at 12:00. It's now 1:03. Do I drink or not? how many hours of sleep do you fags need to function properly after drinking?

Real question.

When did you know you were an alcoholic? What were your drinking habits leading up to it?

I've been drinking a lot lately (most days) but I only get drunk one or twice a week. I'm getting kinda concerned.

The struggle is real. I've done some amazingly fucked things I've hated myself for the next day. But it all just fades into a shorty distant memory. If you try the serving route just focus on your job and don't be overly familiar with your guests.
No. Never worked in a restaurant before have you? Employers haven't been calling people that for a long time. Waiting implies a level of impatience with guests and the term server works as a gender neutral title. Waitress is only used by It's Always Sunny and as a belittling term for diner gals.

dude what the fuck are you talking about. it's called a waiter lmao.

>gender neutral title
Oh I get it, this is bait

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_staff

Have a look ;)

we all have secrets user.
my problem is keeping them to myself after too many drinks.
i spew vile horrific things, i announce my loathing for every person or thing in existence. with details as to why.
im just not a pleasant person drunk. but i never want to be sober.
its a vicious cycle.

It's not bait. Although it might be a colloquialism, server is the term self applied by most in the industry as I've seen in Texas,California, and Colorado

it was always waiter or waitress for me. no one ever asked about it.

modest job.
will pay for your addictions.

Lol you ever get a little quick with opinions on the holocaust and global zionism? That's always the point in convo where friends are made or broken for me

Indeed. I've seen servers pull more than the gm in some cases. Tipping is a shitty custom but it's the only way some slackers will ever get close to six figures