What does it feel like when antidepressants are working?

What does it feel like when antidepressants are working?

Nothing

You feel less nothing, but more numb.

Depending on why you're taking them, there will be times that that reason will act up and it will seem like the meds aren't working. This is normal. They will work.

You'll feel like a zombie for a while. It gets better, user.

Source, bipolarfag

> pic not related

Like your parent's acceptance.

Like your brain is floating in a bathtub full of urine

circuital for about 10 years here

it feels like you are a normal person who doesn't want to die

citalopram*

wtf keyboard

prozac is practically a placebo, it's what doctors prescribe so you'll stfu and leave

Tried a few, Sertraline made me feel how I imagine normal folk feel but it gave me the shits.

Anti-depressing?

Do they make people less annoying?

If you are not getting negative side effects then just keep taking it and don't worry. They won't make some huge difference, it will be subtle, only the negative effects are worth worrying about. Also don't stop taking them because you haven't noticed an effect, your body gets used to them and can react badly if you suddenly stop.

they are supposed to stabilize your moods
i.e. no big lows or highs

it feels like you cant cum

this

Depends which antidepressants you're on. And while a single antidepressant tends to have similar side effects for its users, every user is different, and every user's disorder is different on several different levels (neurological chemistry and structure, psycological status and current level of care, overal body health and habits) what works for one person is awful for another.

For example: paroxtene worked for me but it also killed my sexual/creative drive. Which since painting and writing was a hobby of mine, not being able to perform like I used to was extremely distressing. Welbutrin isn't perfect and doesn't treat my anxiety as much as I'd like, but the lack of side effects for me means I don't want to switch. It shouldn't get rid of sadness or fear, it just gets rid of the sadness and fear rooted in a chemical imbalance if you had one. For me I got through sad times and fearful times, but I have logical reason for why I feel that way when I do.

Overall give it time, if after a month you aren't happy with a medication ask your doctor to try something different. With antidepressants it usually is way more about finding the right TYPE rather than getting one more "powerful"

Dont buy meds with online businesses you fucking idiot

That is only true of mood stabilises like lithium.

What about you grow some balls you beta cuck? Poppin' pills because you're too afraid to walk in public? Pathethic

oh yeah and whenever you have a disease skip out on your antibiotics or why even try vaccines when you should just man up and deal with it on your own.

Are people less annoying when you're on them?

>antidepressants
>working

Weed and mushrooms are great anti depressants. & have less side effects

It depends on the person and the medication. I was on Elavil for several years (originally for migraines and then for depression), and it just made me feel normal like there wasn't anything wrong. I switched to Wellbutrin after Elavil stopped working and it made me overly hyper and I had a very hard time sleep. Tried Lexapro next and it made me feel tired all the time. It was still better than being blah about everything but unless I was doing something I would be asleep rather than doing something for pleasure like reading.

I don't have very bad depression so I've been on medication for it off and on for about 12 years (23 now).

Yes and no. If something someone is doing is something that will normally annoy you it still will, but it makes me a lot more tolerating.

They don't ever work, they just make you care less about the fact that nothing will make you feel good because you're fundamentally a broken crybaby bitch.