/lang/ - Language Learning thread

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

radio.garden/live/
radio.garden/live
youtube.com/watch?v=qskeD0d11oc
youtube.com/watch?v=fUjOfsoBhMY
youtube.com/watch?v=xRqI5R6L7ow
youtube.com/watch?v=zpX5ZNRgW1g
youtube.com/watch?v=iojYDSjKK00
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radio.fmradio
vocaroo.com/i/s0Bvb2vxIR8a
youtube.com/watch?v=EfbC1DAK0p0
youtube.com/watch?v=zzcDhVxK_7w
youtube.com/watch?v=cqEK6Z9-5rA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

python
been studying a lot but kind of hitting a wall
im alone in this thread.
hmu

Javascript
Okay.
I will.
Idk

>Learning pseudo code languages instead of C, C++, Assembly etc.
How is your startup doing?

Just doing it as a hobby. My background is in Physics though so it might come in handy later down the road.
I love bolan

Alguma pessoa conheçe algum lugar pra paticar o meu português?. Eu recém estou començando e não tenho muito vocabulário nem sei como me expressar bem, mas quero fazer esto porque esta é a maneira en que aprendi inglês.
(Obrigado pelas correções)

>pseudo code languages
ax bee

German
I failed my German course at uni, not because it was difficult, but because I didn't go to class enough. Hoping to redo the course this year and pass.

Assembly is so primitive, there is nothing to learn. I ain't stupid, so I can get use of some abstractions.

if you're not going to class just self study. the only use of classes is to keep you disciplined. if youre not then its not for you m8000000000000

Russian
Going pretty well, working on vocab mostly, and lurking on Dvach a lot.
Sure. I can help with Dutch if anyone is actually learning it.

>learning
Russian, second semester of my first year
>Experiences
It's pretty straightforward. Has a lot of rules, but it's easy once you get the hang of them. I'm going to Moscow for 6 weeks to study at Moscow State. Looking forward to it.

Anyone here had experience learning Portuguese?Do you recommend any resources?

>What Lang?
Mandarin and re-learning Korean.
>Share!
Lived in Korea for three years, regret coming back and not being fluent in Korean. Might be moving to China soon for work.
>Help people
Eh......
>Find people
Erm....

>learning
french
>share
Finished duo tree long ago, currently just trying to read as much manga in french as possible. Best language learning resource I have found so far, more interesting than books and easier to read without getting lost or having to look up words constantly.

Decided I want to test out Michel Thomas
But I want to know one thing
Am I suppose to do it for 8 hours, or do I just do 1 disc a day?

Bulgarian
I've only looked into the Grammar yet

I need to step up though, have a hard time getting started

first time poster in /lang/ here

improving french, Turkish
I'm too lazy for actually learning languages
if someone wants to learn spanish, feel free to ask
Any roachbro can recommend me some good resources for learning Turkish; I've been hearing this Turkish teatime podcasts but It gets to exhausting to hear people talking bullshit.

Check this one, it's advanced but it explains the whole grammar; quite good
>Sonia Celegatti - Portuguese grammar

Thanks breh, I obviously didn't learn Turkish so you might have better chance with someone who has tried to learn our language.But If I had to recommend a route I would say go Pimsleur-Duolingo then advance to some text book(FSI for example) once you finished those.

>manga
Where do you find it?
Inb4 buyfag

Daily reminder that if you don't speak Gaeilge you will be exterminated upon our ascension to the European throne in 2037

Komdu og reyndu það dvergasninn þinn
Ég skal ríða þér þangað til þú elskar mig

i liek dis thred

Persian
I'm at the "I am learnng the alphabet" stage

Anyone? pls halp. I don't know where to continue after the alphabet

Este semestre voy a tomar otra clase de español. Deséenme suerte.

Started voice chatting with a native English speaker and what started as a sorta awkward broken pronunciation is already flowing like water after only three sessions!

I had never had this kind of contact before and it really seems to make a difference, my English is past native level in terms of proficiency tests, but live feedback makes a huge difference when it comes to speaking.

The gains are happening so fast I feel even less intimidated about paying for lessons on other languages in the future.

French
>Share learning experiences
Sorta getting into being conversational in it, learnt it on and off at school and doing it as an interest in my past-time.

Practice makes perfect and just little bit of work every day is the way to go. Focus on absorbing / feeling the meaning rather than memorising with a table.

Why do you want to kill the majority of the population of your country?

Como es que aprendiste español?
Muchos españoles en Marruecos supongo

anyone skyping for spanish. mexi user never came through

Dont learn spanish.

Who are you?

Ya es demasiado tarde para decirme eso.

Just passing by to say that if you've problems understanding when people speak your target language a good way to practise is by listening to the radio.
Use this site: radio.garden/live/
Also, thanks to the turkish bro who linked it first. This site has helped me a lot. I'd also suggest to put it on the OP from now on.
>Alguma pessoa conhece* algum lugar para* praticar* o meu português?. Eu acabei de começar a estudá-lo*, não* tenho muito vocabulário e não* sei como me expressar bem, mas quero fazer isto* porque esta é a maneira pela qual* aprendi inglês.
Unfortunately I don't know of places on the internet where you can practise. I shall confess that most brazilians make several gramatical errors in the internet, reason why it's not a good idea to "copy" us.
Having said that, I'd unironically recommend to mimic how the portuguese do. They, for the most part, are extremely cautious to write properly even in this kind of site. Try portuguese sites for news, ptchan's Sup Forums, and/or find someone on interpals.
Being a native speaker means that I'm one of the least qualified persons to suggest anything. But check the links on the OP for PT, use duolingo for basic vocabulary and see if anything I said above applies to you too.

Good luck to everyone on /lang/

This. Anybody know?

55chan bans users who write incorrectly. If Argentina is able to dodge the memespeak, he might absorb some not-so-wrong Portuguese.

>Como es que aprendiste español?
soy español de pura cepa en realidad
y si, hay una comunidad importante de españoles en marruecos

Studying French at University

Started learning dutch about a week ago, so far so good but I know it'll get really difficult quite quickly

Wut? The real question is who the fuck are you

En ese caso contame por que aprendiste español mi amigo obeso?

>being this autistic

Although that's partially true he'll learn a new array of cancer memetic expressions which, I assume, it's not his prime objective

I don't know, cable6 was an awesome read for French learning, and I could tell memespeak and literal translations from English from actual language. But that's a really slow imageboard and not really usable as daily practice. /francofil/ is pure garbage, just like /luso/,

I got my eye on you boy, don't try anything funny.

Also thanks for the site.
>tune on Kobe - Japan radio
>second song to show up is in Portuguese

Quiero saber lo que los mexicanos dicen sobre mí. Hay que saber la lengua de su vecino, ¿no?

>lengua de su vecino
Lengua de tu vecino

interesante gringo que tan fluido lo hablas?
Podes mandar un vocaroo

Sure thing, men you are weird

no, te reirás de mi

An user from UK shared it here I saw it from him and we should add that to OP we might have to get rid of previous thread but we can live with that.

radio.garden/live
>Listen to live radio all over the world by navigating an interactive globe

Sos un gordo gay.
Solo mandalo, deci:
>El ser un animal nocturno
Era una bella rutina
Conquistar a chicas del jet set
O a mujerzuelas de esquina
Si es que no son la misma cosa
Con diferencia de precio

If you want i can help you with your spanish

Obrigado pela correção e a resposta.
Poderia você me recomendar algumas canções?
(is the use of você here innecesary as well as in Spanish?)
Já tenho um site onde posso encontrar as letras das canções, mas não conheço nenum músico do brasil.
Até agora só encontrei esta banda:
youtube.com/watch?v=qskeD0d11oc

>Poderia você me recomendar algumas canções?
Sure. Although I don't know which genre you like so I'll link really cliché entry level stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=fUjOfsoBhMY
youtube.com/watch?v=xRqI5R6L7ow
youtube.com/watch?v=zpX5ZNRgW1g
youtube.com/watch?v=iojYDSjKK00
>(is the use of você here innecesary as well as in Spanish?)
Depends. In Brazil the most densed populated areas (RJ, SP and MG) use você for everything, much like the english You. Meaning that's how usually people will adress at you here.
In the southernmost and northernmost parts of the country the use of Tu is much more seen.
I'm a northfag so I personally use tu for family members, close friends or people younger than me. Will use você when talking to someone my age or whose relation should remain distant or at a respectful level (my workmate), or someone I've just met. And use "O senhor/a senhor" when is someone who deserves a lot of respect (an authority, my boss, someone older than me). If I'm not mistaken portuguese people also use this very same gradation
TL DR depends of the accent/dialect you're trying to learn. If you call everyone by você here it won't be seen as rude or anything similar though.

"o senhor/a senhora"*
fug

Thanks for those links and your help.
One more question. What's the difference between para and pra?
Is pra just used when speaking informally or what?

有没有学习中文的人吗?

No problem man.
Yes, pra is the informal form of para, just like pro is for "para o"

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radio.fmradio

This is the best radio app for learning a new language and to practice listening. The App has most of the radios of each country of the world
OP may add it to the thread the next time

Yes, "pra" and "pro" are non-standard contractions of "para"/"para a" and "para o", but they've become so prominent nowadays that they're starting to make their way into the standard language.

>(is the use of você here innecesary as well as in Spanish?)
Did you want to know if você could be erased from the phrase and it still would make sense? Yes.

vocaroo.com/i/s0Bvb2vxIR8a
yes i just need help with my accent and gaining more confidence in speaking it.

Me but I'm still pretty garbage

1. Poland
2. Spenspek
3. A2

Getting from A2 to B1 is hard

>sos
Disgusting

¿Qué estás aprendiendo ahora?

Sounds pretty good m8, just please change the battery in your smoke alarm.

its is electrically wired to work without em. I put batteries in them to no avail. Think I'll just reinstall all of them.

AJJAAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJA
EL GRINGO SENIORES
IO NO DOY +
El polaco, que tal mi luz eterna?
>sos
No le enseñes el español de la pobreza y maleducación

Can anyone give me advice with Russian? I'm almost done with the Penguin Russian Course book.

Teach me an Esperanto.

you must first seize the means of production for esperanto to work.

parley vo fransay

Kek'd loudly
Have you considered visiting mount Zion?

je peux le lire.

>implying

I'm a long way off yet. Though browsing /fr/, I'm able to get the general gist of most of the posts more and more which makes me happy.
I started listening to french music too, hopefully that is effective, because I'm quite into music

>Implication

I want to learn it

too lazy though

can anyone recommend me some really good italian music? i just cant seem to find it

>implying implications

youtube.com/watch?v=EfbC1DAK0p0

youtube.com/watch?v=zzcDhVxK_7w

KEK
you fuck

ui, g parl fransay.
Which groups/artists? To raise my listening comprehension I've been listening to fr/qc radio channels and watching vlogs on Youtube.
Being able to listen to something apart stromae and versions of marseillase might be a great change of pace

Fucking hell, her pronounciation of some of those words made my ears bleed

youtube.com/watch?v=cqEK6Z9-5rA

>Decide to learn Spanish
>Start using Duolingo
>And Anki
>And Memrise
>And Pimsleur
>And Michel Thomas
>Guessing and then google translating Spanish words/sentences
I better fucking entiendo espanol or I'm gonna rain down my vengeance on some poor Bolivian children as if I was the angel de la muerte himself.

Try hellotalk, it's a chat app for language learning on Android and iOS, it's kind of buggy but it has a decently sized community, it's pretty easy to find Brazilians to practice with, specially if you also speak English

u can do it.

Brasil.

Essperanto estas tre facila
Eĉ angloparolanto povas lerni ĝin

No seas malo.

is it possible to learn estonian as an american? Not in terms of the difficulty of the language, but in terms of finding resources?

Yeah mang. there's for sure stuff for it in the OP, plus you can probably find some more on bookzz / libgen whatever. not to mention there's probably torrents of resources for it.

איך לערן מיך יידיש. עס איז נישט צו שווער, אבער ווייניק יידן רעדט יידיש היינט.

Portuguese
I like it a lot and it will become handy for me. Also, fun fact is that you don't see many people speaking it here in my country. I guess people think is an useless language only because it's not spoken worldwide. One time an uncle said to me, and i quote: "Why would you want to learn that language? I mean, only brazilians speak it."
I actually learn a lot by memorizing phrases, you learn grammar and new words at the same time.
I'm currently using Hellotalk, for me it's a new way to share with people online. Didn't know about it.

>69629348
I just listened to that audio, congratulations mate, you're pretty good at it. You just need more practice. Cheer up, at least you don't speak it like Gem, Gringo en México.

¿Cómo es vivir en Marruecos? Supongo que es bastante barato, pero ¿es seguro ?
¿Los marroquís no te miran mal por ser español ?

Thanks user. I tried to go to a groupme for Spanish but it was full of old white people speaking the words like this: DOWDE ESTAAH ERU BANNNNYOH. Though there was this Mexican from DF helped me a lot. He rarely shows up now, which makes sense to be honest.But I already signed up for Spanish Composition and Speaking at my uni. The professor is cool and from Colombia.
Good luck with Portuguese. Think I might learn it next since it is almost easy to pick up if you can read Spanish. Pronunciation is a bitch though.

I got used to interact with people barely speaking spanish, and yeah, most of them really hate pronunciation. I had an american teacher that had an impressive vocabulary in spanish, but his accent made him look like he didn't know anything. Eventually you'll familiarize with the pronunciation even more, so don't worry if it's not perfect the first time lmao

Give me all the German material you've received in class.

Ask nicely, you rude fuck