Does anybody else think minimum wage should be raised to $15...

Does anybody else think minimum wage should be raised to $15? I'm a sandwich artist and can't currently pay for both weed and food so I'm forced to starve

No u fag

OP doesnt understand how the economy works

bro can you cook?
>in before you cant
keep tryin bruh

faggot op

Yeah I'm a sandwich artist. Aka a chef bitch

Yeah I'm a sandwich artist. Aka a chef bitch

Quit smoking the devil's lettuce and get a real job, faggot.

Many people say their a chef, But fuck up the most simple of dishes.
also
>buys pot.
>complains about having no money for food.

maybe you should quit buying pot you fucking retard.

I work at subway, so yes, i am in fact a chef

Stop smoking the weed, retard.

p.s. sure, not addictive at all.

This is the worst troll attempt I've seen in a week or so.

No, 9 or 10 an hour would be appropriate. Not 15.

I think we should be able to choose our wages. That's only fair

I hope you die.

Problem solved.

Nope, it's better to give myself 5$/hour more, than give it to you for nothing, you lazy fat bank/government/etc gangsta.

shit b8 m8, maybe you should add about tipping too?

but people do believe they deserve 15 an hour for fast food work and dont realize it just assrapes the dollar bill to the point its not worth shit

Sell some weed dipshit

np. don't give em money, give em priviliges. they pay no taxes at all (not only the income one), they get a 2 story house for free.

i dont pay taxes but i aint on foodstamps or welfare so meh

Someones over 30

I'm a part timer working full time hours and unload trucks and lift heavy appliances for $8/hr. I've been bugging my boss for at least 9 and that worthless shit won't give it to me so I'm going to wait until this place needs me the most and leave without notice (only 2 of us in my position and if there's no one to do my job the store won't function)
They will literally have to close the store when I leave.

Minimum needs to be raised. 7.25 can't even afford fast food. It's pathetic. Don't give me that "Prices of everything will go up with it!" Bull shit either because the price of everything has already been going up long since the last time they raised minimum wage.

Someones gay

>maybe you should quit buying pot you fucking retard
Weed will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no weed.

God what a fag.

>Sandwich artist
Enjoy the Subway life, peasant

Kill yourself fag!

the wage should suit the required work. you get along fine right? why should niggers and spics and wetbacks get 15 an hour to work a job worth half of that? people who rely on minimum wage have neither the motivation nor the aptitude to achieve anything more than minimum wage. why should we up their pay and not increase their workload?

another thing to consider is this:
you can't draw blood from a stone.

jobs that pay 10 bucks an hour aren't holding that extra 5 dollars because they don't want to pay it. a certain percentage of gross revenue is allotted to payroll. if a business can pay $150/hr to its staff with fifteen employees, each gets $10/hr. making $15 minimum wage means 5 people have to get let go to stay within payroll budget. a company can't just increase payroll without some other benefit or area getting cut back (benefits, pto, business expansion, etc.)

and guess what, niggers already suck so bad that their jobs are basically charity. so if you really want higher wage, expect to see more white people and less niggers in business.

actually... that sounds pretty good to me.

changed my mind op, raise that shit sky high

Yo, this. Weed keeps me from going bananas and just quitting everything. I'm not irresponsible enough to let important things go, but I'd choose weed over most luxuries, just because this world enrages me so much.

You're not expendable. You'll get replaced in 2 hours.
Idiot.

>can't pay for both weed and food
then just pay for one of the two, dipshit

They've needed people in my position for weeks. There's supposed to be 5 of us, but we've been going on 2 for over a month. I almost called off for back pain once, lucky I hadn't because there was literally only one other guy here. Policy states that there has to be a minimum of two people in the store to stay open. If I stayed home that day, this site would have closed 5 hours early.

yeah like you're an artist bro, like atleast $30 but I guess I'm getting too exaggerated but like fuck $8/hour, more like $20. Shit is fucked up man, life in soooo unfair.

You know, you can ACTUALLY grow this shit. Very easy to

You get paid according to how valuable you are. Anyone can work McDonalds that's why the pay is shit.

You need to make yourself more valuable (skills etc.) and hope you can get a better job or become self employed or a business owner.

You think that if the minimum wage goes up that prices wouldn't?

#feelthebern

Fuck yeah bruh

No, you fucking retard. Go to fucking school and learn how the economy works, dipshit.

Get a job in a marijuana dispensary making thx sandwiches.

Eat your art.

Problem solved.

Make me some
Brain samdwiches

It's not the minimum wage that needs to go up its the taxes on the rich and lowered taxes for the minimum.

Find another job or find a state that has a better cost of living to minimum wage ratio

mfw you can't spot even the most obviously sarcastic OP of all time

like you've been through middle school

>used to be total stoner, worked in a warehouse. Hired at $8 an hour at 18
>live in motorhome, be kitchen rat/forklift king for several years
>breathe marijuana
>make it to 13 an hour at warehouse, promised 15
>get hired as handyman at 17 an hour
>weed intenisfies, buy land, build tiny house
>now 27, live in paid for tiny house, buy ounces to smoke to my face cuz i cant be bothered to grow, go to work to fix shit and not give a fuck all day
>made it to 40k last year

Still hit a grav bong every day before work. I guess this is making it for a stoner? Life is rad.

>Does anybody else think minimum wage should be raised to $15?

yes. Nationwide.

inb4 rural areas don't need that big of an increase durr

>implying you know anything about economics

are mommy and daddy voting for trump?

A company won't just magically pull money out of their asses to give you the extra wages. Bumping up minimum wage results in increased commodity costs and or layoffs.
Subway giving you $15 an hour would mean their footlong would probably be bumped up to $10-12, or they'd cut staff. Companies generally don't care about you, they're going to maintain profits any way they can. $15 minimum wage is supported mostly by people who don't understand basic economics, don't be one of them.

Beyond that, you should look into getting a STEM/medical education and severely reducing if not quitting smoking weed. You've only got so much time here, so make the most of it. Do you want to be where you are in 5 years? in 10? Do you want to live the rest of your days smoking weed and working at subway barely scraping by? Invest in yourself, before your life's passed you by.

see

>raise minimum wage
>company cuts hours
>raise standards of hiring
>less people hired

I know they're probably trolling, but if they're not I'm genuinely concerned. I'd rather look silly trying to help a troll than ignore someone who was misguided.

No it wouldn't. Corporations like Subway can more then afford it. Their executives make hundreds of millions of dollars a year on top of their profits.

It's the small companies that will suffer from a $15 minimum wage.

one of the problems with raising the minimum wage is that those who want to tend to think that companies and corporations will do nothing about it. raising the minimum wage is not like putting a cup on a higher shelf you know.

maybe if instead of smoking weed you invested in yourself (college or networking perhaps)you wouldn't have to care what the minimum wage is at this point there is nothing differentiating you from a nigger, also if you want plebs to agree with you bitching you have come to the wrong place it is reddit you are looking for

Then theirs the alternative.

>don't raise minimum wage
>company cuts hours
>raise standards of hiring
>less people hired

Get a real job nigger

no. they should have no minimum wage and people should be payed for their worth not so they can get some menial job and live comfortably.

Take a look around at any relatively wealthy people you know. What do they do? Where do they work? Are they unskilled imbeciles? Or do they have a particular skill set? Are they employed, self employed, business owners?

Bitching about the status quo won't get you anywhere. There are always people - people right now - who are excelling despite their background, financial status or the current climate. You need to hustle to get ahead... Fuck waiting around for shit to change...

Bait.
But by the time Min Wage is raised you should no longer be making minimum.
If you do then you deserve to not eat.

No. Sell dope like the rest of us.

>cant be bothered to grow
nigga just throw your seeds in the lawn and they will grow themselves. its called weed for a reason.

So instead of fixing your own situation your gonna be a petty bitch and fuck up your own income out of spite.
And yet you wonder why your broke.

dont leave.
just work VERY slowly.
and if he bitches demand more money

and dont eat fast food you scumbag
thats called an extravagence

Prices already went up. Have been going up for years. That's exactly why minimum needs to go up

How can you take this bait? How can you possibly be so fucking dumb?

So how do you expect him to change it without resorting to doing whatever he can to get a semi livable wage?

This is pretty much what I do
Hell no. I'll have income before I do it, the lazy ass manager here isn't gonna hire anyone cause he thinks we're just fine getting by with a skeleton crew. I have plenty of time to look for a new job and pretty much anywhere will pay the same as this place.

The problem isn't that they want a bigger wage than their worth, they want a livable wage. The minimum wage was made so that anyone working full time could afford to live but that's no longer the case because minimum wage hasn't gone up enough to compensate for the price of living.

you are degenerate scum you don't even deserve $7/hour

What the fuck is a sandwich artist?

except mcdonalds isnt for adults to work out.

just some adults are complete failures and work their anyways.

the job is for teens. and they do not need a livable wage.

im tired of paying several dollars for what should be a dollar burger because you faggots cry i want more money to buy pokedollars.

Minimum wage has always been intended to be a livable wage and always should be.

If you double the federal minimum wage a burgers only going to cost between 15 - 25 cents more to make up for there loss

The price of food goes up regardless of the workers wage. Do you seriously think the price of food would go down if they were paid less?