B-b-b-barry sanders would've had the rushing record if he had a good line!

>b-b-b-barry sanders would've had the rushing record if he had a good line!
>barry sanders-kun would've had the rushing record if he didn't retire!
>barry sanders senpai would've been better than that dirty cowboy if he had a better team!

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/articles/157718-the-undisputed-greatest-jim-brown
mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/28/jim-brown-cleveland-browns-hall-of-fame-nfl-greatness
fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/05/jim-brown-should-be-no-1-but-what-about-most-underrated/?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Implying Sanders wasn't ssuperior
>Implying I wouldn't have broken rushing records with that massive o line
KYS cowgirl faggot

>Barry Sanders was the most consistent running back of all time!
>most negative rushing yards in all of NFL history

Oh boy! I guess that totally makes up for the fact he's not the all time rushing leader!
wew lad your bandwagon cowboy hate is showing

He has the record for his years played
He was better than the cowbody with the golden o-line

I'm sure Dallas is a nice area, plenty of other things to be proud of, move on. Barry was the best to ever run the ball.

you must be a young fag.

everyone that watched barry knows he was the best of the generation. far superior to e smith.

he was less than 1k away from the record, he retired bc he didn't give a shit about it, and he wanted to stop playing for a trash organization that was ran into the shitter by the ford family.

>he has the record for his years played
doesn't matter
>he was better than the cowbody with the golden line
obviously not

most importantly,
>implying I'm a Cowboys fan
swing and a miss

>None of this changes the fact his numbers were far inferior to Emmitt's

Excuses, excuses.

Oh you're one of those people? I'll leave thread now op. No surprise you're a dumb faggot once again.

>implying playoff yards don't count
>neither do tds or receiving yards
>forgetting emitt only had an elite line 4 1/2 years (healthy)
>muh sick spins and juke movies

We all know the Juice was the GOAT and he still would be if he hadnt killed two people

Emmett had the greatest o line ever assembled. Every football expert universally agrees emmett smith was an o line baby. Walter peyton is the greatest football player to ever walk on the field and is a close 2nd at rb and Barry was the best running back ever.

>those people
You mean those people who understand how numbers work, regardless of
>but
>if
>he could've
>would've
?
Okay then

this desu

>tfw imagining barry with smiff's line
you could literally just toss out all -1 yard rush plays he had since they'd never happen
dude would've averaged 3500 a season

see gibe more excuses

>imagining barry with smiff's line
>imagining
pretty much the basis for your entire argument

>Assmad cowshit and pucker fans

Barry is GOAT and Megatron was always better than Dez

I don't think any cowboys fans would be assmad that Emmitt has been proven to be the greatest running back of all time. And it doesn't matter if Megatron was better than Dez, neither of them are winning a ring anytime soon.

barry had a bad oline but still broke records

He is the defacto #1 RB of all time

When did he have a down year? never

Emmitt Smith played behind maybe the best offensive line ever, of course that helped his fucking numbers.

>he is the defacto #1 RB of all time
false
>when did he have a down year?
You got me there. He never had a down year. He just never had enough good years to beat the GOAT, Emmitt.

E X C U S E S

For like, 4 years.

Numbers don't matter, Barry Sanders is GOAT

>numbers don't matter
Well in that case Ryan Leaf was the greatest QB of all time, Michael Jordan was the best player in baseball history, and Gretzky was a scrub who just got lucky

you're right Vinny Testaverde is a way better QB than Joe Montana

>I'm sure Dallas is a nice area, plenty of other things to be proud of

The biggest attractions in Dallas are a ranch where they filmed a soap opera and the intersection were JFK got murked

Wilt Chamberlain was overrated, Dwight Howard is the greatest center of all time. Don't check my numbers on this, because that shit's for nerds anyways.

>less than 1k
>18355-15269= 3086
Are all Lion fans just inherently bad at numbers?

I wonder if Dwayne is disgusted at his younger self?

>indulging cowfags in their 90's nostalgia circle jerk

>watching Lions fans fantasize about what could've been if they didn't have the most shit organization in professional sports

>Detroit Lions offensive line....

For like, a decade-ish

>implying anyone is better than Sweetness

Considering Walter Payton held the record at the time Barry retired, and it was 16700ish, yes he was ~1.5k away from the record.

Way to show how young you are though.

>implying he is even the best running back in bears history

>could've
>would've
>should've

stay mad that emmitt is the GOAT

You can tell this poster is young by the way he types.

Barry Sanders was extremely good, but he just didn't have 'it' inside of him. Payton had it, Emmitt had it, Peterson has it, guys with injury shortened careers like Billy Sims and Bo Jackson had it.

there have been countless examples of it in sports. Kevin Durant, Terrell Davis, Jon Daly, Gilbert Arenas all for one reason or another just didn't have that fire inside.

hello skip bayless

>GOAT
>almost a full ypc less than Sanders
>2x the fumbles
>much worse season averages in rushing and receiving

Hue

Is this b8? You seriously list notorious playoff chokers like Chicken Parm and AD when clutch performers like Montana/Brady/Rice exist?

but he didn't have it.

also I was wrong about Davis. I was thinking he could have played longer but there is no point playing a few more years so you can spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair.

THE THREE BEST RBs OF ALL TIME

1. Barry Sanders
2.Eric Dickerson
3. Jerome Bettis

I'm not talking about "clutch" or some bullshit construct like that, I'm talking about determination. Also, I said Payton you stupid fucking child, not Peyton.

Barry was not a determined guy, because a determined guy doesn't quit in his prime while healthy and at the top of his game. His dickriders blame the Lions for being losers but when the face of your franchise is a quitter it would seem the problem feeds itself.

>I'm not talking about "clutch" or some bullshit construct like that
>"Sanders just didn't have 'it' inside of him"

Hahaha

>thinks determination and willpower aren't real things

I mean, none of us have it by virtue of posting on Sup Forums, but if you're going to be the greatest of all time you have to have it.

>"Some guys have that love of the game where they're going to get every last play. At year 10, I lost that determination to do it every day."

literally from the horses mouth. He no longer had the will to play and is admitting outright to quitting because he didn't have it anymore.

>Peterson is better than Sanders because he has 'it'
>Arenas wasn't just an overrated chucker
>not knowing that Terrell Davis retired because he was plagued by injuries

Hahahaha

You seem to know your sports, user

>no longer

user, that implies that before year 10, he had 'it', making your point about 'it' moot

>Peterson is better than Sanders because he has 'it'

except I never said that, I merely said he had 'it'. Peterson is an extremely driven guy, that he continues with a mediocre Vikings team is evidence of it.

There are alot of marginal athletes in the NFL that are only where they are through hyper-intense work ethic and force of will. Barry Sanders was an immensely gifted athlete with an ordinary work ethic and ordinary drive.

I bet that zero, ZERO of them were alive for any of them.

>talking about how if you want to be the GOAT you have to have 'it'
>"the examples I used aren't valid"

Okay.

/thread

if you are capable of losing it either all at once or over time then it means it was only ever fleeting. It's easy to be ambitious or intense in spurts, GOATs have it throughout.

and I know somebody called Peyton a choker, but the man gave everything he had until he sucked just like Brady is doing. It's because they have that will to keep plugging away until they have nothing left and why they're both among the best ever. Going out 'on top' when you're healthy is quitting. It's his right to quit, but that doesn't change the fact he is a quitter.

pls

Barryfags will say anything to tear anybody down, they worship at the altar of their Holy Quitter.

Jim Brown didn't have 'it' and he's widely considered maybe the best player ever by anybody who watched him play.

>GOAT TIER
Jim Brown

>Second Tier
Barry Sanders
Walter Payton

>Third Tier
Emmit Smith
Adrian Peterson
OJ Simpson
Marshall Faulk

>has to change sports to fit his argument

Jim Brown is a quitter too.

It's why he and Barry are could've/would've/should've instead of were.

Adrian Peterson is the GOAT

Given that Brown is widely considered the best RB ever and possibly the best player regardless of position (and if you want, I can post a good list of examples), I'll just call you a retard with the 'it' factor of retards, i.e. an extra chromosome.

>Barry Sanders having more negative rushing yards than any running back in history
muh consistency

>implying I'm saying Sanders was the GOAT
>implying I'm not just pointing that Smith was a worse player
>implying his negative carries negate the fact that he had way better averages per carry and per season

Their entire argument is ripe with unfounded ad hominem and should've, would've, and could've's, and you can't for get the ifs, ands, and buts.
They have no argument for Barry being the GOAT but they'll say any amount of bullshit to "justify" their opinions. It's actually hilarious.

He's really not, though.

>says user in a Taiwanese cartoon image board

Wow, you sure showed me.

Most sane people consider Emmitt the best back of all time, followed closely by retards who hang on the fantasies of Sanders being better.

Barry was a boom or bust rb. Emmitt was consistent in his carries, and not to mention he was tough enough to last well past where other elite backs retire. Barry had some sick jukes tho, bro

bleacherreport.com/articles/157718-the-undisputed-greatest-jim-brown
mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/28/jim-brown-cleveland-browns-hall-of-fame-nfl-greatness
fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/05/jim-brown-should-be-no-1-but-what-about-most-underrated/?_r=0

But user, I'm sure you know way more. :^)

Consistently worse than Sanders among others, yes. I won't deny his merit on having almost a full ypc less with a way better OL in front of him though.

first of all
>Bleacher Report
Jim Brown was an incredible athlete and belongs in the upper echelons of the list of greatest backs of all time, however he is not the GOAT.

Again, healthy "wall of Dallas" was up for about 3-4 years. Emmitt was one of the toughest and most consistent backs in history, but that doesn't really matter to the Great Bandwagon of Cowboy Haters.

>Bleacher Report

It was the first link. Shame you can't comment anything on the other two links. By the way, in NFL's The Top 100: NFL's Greatest Players, Brown was second behind only Jerry Rice. Again, it's good to see you know more than all those players, ex players and press that voted him way ahead of Smith. I wonder what are you doing here instead of coaching a team and winning millions, user. :^)

Here you go senpai, I hope this can help clear up the whole "who is the best RB of all time" argument :)
>inb4 numbers don't matter

>only the numbers I say matter

But user, what about the full ypc more, the 20 ypg, the 0.2 TD/game, his better receiving averages both in ypg and TD/game? Aren't those numbers? :^)

>when the numbers are so minute Barry is slightly better

>full ypc more
How about Sanders holding the record for most negative yards?
>.2 TD/game
How about Emmitt's 164 TD's vs Barry's 99?
>receiving averages
How about Emmitt's 3,224 receiving yards vs Barry's 2,921?

Go :^) yourself along with the rest of the Sanders dickriders.

>implying the numbers in the post you replied to are Sanders'
>1 full ypc and 20 ypg are "slightly better"
>yfw 0.2 TD/game equals 3 more TDs over a 16 game season
>3 more TDs a season is "slightly better"

>being this retarded

Those are Jim Brown's numbers, I've already said that Sanders isn't the GOAT, he's just better than Emmitt.

>Sanders isn't the GOAT, he's just better than Emmitt
see

So you agree about Jim Brown being better, good. :^)

About having more bulk numbers, it's easy when you play 100 more games. According to you, Karl Malone must be better than Jordan. :^)

>there are people ITT RIGHT NOW who don't think Juice was the GOAT

ffs

>Jim Brown being better
see"career stats don't matter that's just stupid"
Stay mad. Stay so mad.

So what you're saying is not only is Emmitt a better back than Jim Brown, he's also tougher? Fantastic, glad you agree :^)

>o-o-only the stats I say matter!!!11

Pic related, it's you. :^)

user, you must work on your reading comprehension, I haven't suggested the things you say. :^)

>People unironically think Barry Sanders isn't the GOAT

T. Ignore the stats so I'm right guy

But user, you're ignoring all the per game stats. :^)

>No only the stats I say matter! Your stats don't correlate to hwat I believe so you must be stupid!
Meme it up before ISIS makes their way down the Iberian peninsula lad
>Emmitt wasn't better just because he played more!
Actually he was senpai. He was better (see- stats given that have been previously ignored) and tougher (see- games played, years played).

Enjoy your pre-Superbowl era nostalgia though buckaroo :^)

But user, none of that fucking matters when we're talking about the GOAT :^)

I still remember the playoff game where Barry Sanders rushed for -2 yards against the Packers in Lambeau. Sanders was a turfbabby.

But user, *you* are ignoring stats that disprove what you say. :^)

Good to know you still think Malone > Jordan. :^)

This t b h. Even on Emmitt's worst game he at least had positive yardage. Barry was boom or bust, and it was so fun to watch him bust.

Anonkun, none of your stats matter in the argument of GOAT :^) IF Jim Brown played more, IF Barry had a better O Line, they MIGHT be the GOAT. But, they didn't, so they aren't
:^)))))))))))))))))

Also see

Again: says user in a Somalian graffiti board. Shame all that stupid people who always vote Brown over Smith, if only they were as intelligent as you are. :^)

And user, that post you quote was in response to someone who was defending Emmitt. :^)

I wonder, is Favre the 2nd best QB of all time? :^)

>Other people think the way I do so I must be right!
Swing and a miss old chap, enjoy your logical fallacies :^)

>that post you quote was in response to someone who was defending Emmitt
doesn't change the fact they were right :^)

>Some other bullshit
Not worth indulging :^)

>my opinion is more valid!!!!111

Okay lad. :^)

I'm pretty sure reading this thread has given me autism.