We have a soul, right?

We have a soul, right?

We ARE a soul.
We HAVE a body.

be more explicit

off topic alilittle and a druggy so bare with me.
taking acid and watching as many youtube videos i could of physics,quantum physics, and human anatomy related totally fucked my mind. not saying i learned anything, but i fucking blew my mind.

it's more likely we're just some genetically engineered slave race and all these emotions and yearning for an afterlife are just programs to keep us from rising out of our slavery

what is your mind?

Using Lego bricks to describe Lego bricks isn't very Lego unbrick.

no but we have these dubs

Neither soul nor unsoul. Neither nor soul and un-soul, nor neither soul or un-soul. If if or or soul or unsoul, neither soul nor nor unsoul soul.

Right?

a mess user. i've been taking acid so much and im just now starting my degree in aerospace engineering. im honestly scared i ruined my entire life with drugs but i cant stop.
>its pretty fun tho

why you think dat?

Descriptor descriptor reference meaning context pattern pattern context descriptor/ emotion.

im in the same boat too, i do drugs everyday mostly joints but i had my acid's time... in my case i can stop making drugs whenever i want, and its fun to just concentrate in yourself without drugs.
but drugs can cause you neurologic damage, be careful

you can stop, if you are in a island alone without acid's what you do? your life will be miserable ?

thats what im afraid of, the thrill of acid is just so fun for me but if i truly fuck up my brain i dont know what i'd do in life.
not miserable, but def not enjoyable

Sometimes... You can't see the stars unless you escape other light sources.

Question your desires and attachments, why do you do what you do? Is that what you want to do or do you do this because you don't know what else to do?

>Anonymous 07/23/16(Sat)21:56:24 No.696101

Gets it. Bite the tetralemma. The soul is inside.

Well, some of us do...

Ofcourse not

You're an adult capable of rational thought right?

mfw literally every rationalist philosopher has upheld the doctrine of the immortal soul

No, in either senses.
We as a group don't have a soul, nor as individuals.
We are not body and soul, but body entire.

mfw all of them were wrong then

Let me guess, you're an atheist too, right?

Everything that people describe as a soul are results of our brain and body. Souls don't exist, my dude.

I don't have a soul, I traded it for the ability to be a huge faggot
It was a good trade

i believe humans are too stupid to be right about anything except what can be proven to a high level of certainty

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DIFFERENT OPINIONS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

mfw atheists are just like Christians. desperate to pretend they are correct.

those dubs don't lie

I agree with you there, but much the same, I don't think you can prove we don't have souls, and that spirituality doesn't exist in some form

I like to think of it as a catch all term to explain 'That thing that drives us, that which is the sum of all our experience, our conscience, that little part of us and other shit that we can't explain about The Self.'

I mean, I'd use the term 'soul' to describe certain stuff, but I don't think the idea that the soul as 'an existence that continues after death' is real.

I don't believe in afterlife, but I think there is a god, but I don't believe it is an omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent being but rather a force we can't explain yet.

So if every rationalist philosopher, from Plato through Kant and Hegel, has upheld the doctrine of the immortality of the soul, and every such philosopher is wrong, then rationality has no bearing on whether there is a soul/immortal soul.

So by what means, if not through rational ones, do you arrive at the notion that there is no immortal soul?

All of that can be explained with the brain being very advanced.
And god is just superstition. It's an evolutionary way of dealing with the unknown or the unfathomable.

There is nothing anywhere, at any place, at any time nor in any form that would give rise to a proof of a soul. With that said it is a fact that there either is or there isn't, 50/50 chance. And since no spiritual notion has ever been proven, but thousands have been disproven we can say it is far more likely that the idea of a soul is also false spiritual notion.

this was a rational thought process btw.

Yes, but what happens to it after the lights go out is a different question.

Just like they'll never come up with an equation that explains how the universe came from absolutely nothing, we'll never get to the absolute base of what we are. It's inexplicable, but it can't be nothing, so we call it a soul

What if it can never be known or fathomed?
If you think we'll figure out something in the future that we don't know now, you're being a fortune teller. If you think labelling something unfathomable means you've mastered it and dealt with it, you're being dishonest with yourself. Unknown is unknown

Technically, God is semantics, how do you define a word used in so many different contexts and meanings?

It can be proven through probability that god doesn't exist to a certainty of 99,999(a lot of 9's go here, but not infinite)%.
There few things as certain as god not existing and at the same time impossible to ever truly prove

Does it matter? The general idea is the same and equally absurd.

To discuss what a soul is you must first discuss what words are, and what meaning is..

Philosophy is the activity of looking at different perspectives and contexts of different subject matters and learning to think critically.

"To keep us from rising put of our slavery" I think you'd have to prove we are slaves for us to want to rise out of it.

Probably not but i had a dream last night where a 4/6 woman was chasing me firing lazers at my face out of her third eye so...

he just said it is more likely, which is kinda true since it is something that could technically be doable be some extremely advanced alien race

The whole argument is moot two-fold-
One - Occam's razor... Lots of assumptions needed for said argument

Two- why do we need an explanation in the first place? Why is it important to you? Why does that matter? No real awnser here just contemplate.